Friedman Industries Inc. (FRD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FRD POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where FRD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FRD is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 36 weeks.
- FRD ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
FRD Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.06, Friedman Industries Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 3.65% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 512.1%, Friedman Industries Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 97.5% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, FRD has reported earnings growth of -472.5%, putting it ahead of only 4.69% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Friedman Industries Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SAFM, OXBR, CVET, ROCK, and HWKN.
- Visit FRD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.friedmanindustries.com.
FRD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, FRD's price/sales ratio is 78.26% lower, now standing at 0.5.
- Over the past 243 months, FRD's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- FRD's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FRD.
FRD Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 317.17%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 1089.59%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 282.27%.
The table below shows FRD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FRD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FRD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.63% of graded US stocks.
- FRD's asset turnover comes in at 1.672 -- ranking 3rd of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- AA, TG, and GLW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FRD.
The table below shows FRD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FRD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.99||52-week high||$15.63|
|Prev. close||$13.93||52-week low||$5.55|
|Day high||$14.07||Avg. volume||51,781|
|50-day MA||$12.49||Dividend yield||0.57%|
|200-day MA||$10.74||Market Cap||96.52M|
Most Popular Stories View All
FRD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRD Latest Social Stream
View Full FRD Social Stream
Latest FRD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Friedman Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRD as an investment opportunity.
LONGVIEW, Texas, Sept. 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors (the Board) of Friedman Industries, Incorporated, a Texas-based company engaged in pipe manufacturing, steel processing and steel and pipe distribution, declared on September 10, 2021, a cash dividend of $0.02 per share on the Common Stock of the Company. The Company will pay the cash dividend on November 12, 2021 to shareholders of record at the close of business on October 8, 2021. This dividend marks the Companys 199th consecutive quarterly cash dividend with the Company having paid a cash dividend every quarter since becoming publicly traded in 1972.
LONGVIEW, Texas, Aug. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Company announced today its results of operations for the fiscal first quarter. For the quarter ended June 30, 2021 (the “2021 quarter”), the Company recorded net earnings of $11,311,797 ($1.64 diluted earnings per share) on net sales of $65,916,439 compared to a net loss of $858,862 ($0.12 diluted loss per share) on net sales of $23,524,600 for the quarter ended June 30, 2020 (the “2020 quarter”). The 2021 quarter results make it the most p
Reports most profitable quarter and second most profitable fiscal year in Company historyLONGVIEW, Texas, July 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Friedman Industries, Incorporated (NYSE – American; trading symbol: FRD) The Company announced today its results of operations for the quarter and year ended March 31, 2021. For the quarter ended March 31, 2021 (the “2021 quarter”), the Company recorded net earnings of $10,403,597 ($1.50 diluted earnings per share) on sales of $49,214,204 compared to a net l
LONGVIEW, Texas, May 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Friedman Industries, Incorporated (NYSE American: trading symbol FRD), a manufacturer and processor of steel products, today announced guidance for its fiscal fourth quarter ending March 31, 2021, and announced plans for a new facility in Sinton, Texas to support future growth.
LONGVIEW, Texas, Feb. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Friedman Industries, Incorporated (NYSE – American; trading symbol: FRD) - The Company announced today its results of operations for the third quarter. For the quarter ended December 31, 2020 (the “2020 quarter”), the Company recorded net earnings of $2,129,745 ($0.30 diluted earnings per share) on sales of $28,502,049 compared to a net loss of $881,003 ($0.13 diluted loss per share) on net sales of $28,150,817 for the quarter ended December 31, 2019 (the “2019 quarter”). The Company’s operating results are significantly impacted by the market price of hot-rolled steel coil and the 2020 quarter benefitted from a rapid and significant increase in price. During August 2020 hot-rolled steel pricing started to rise and as of the end of the ...
FRD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FRDWant to do more research on Friedman Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Friedman Industries Inc (FRD) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Friedman Industries Inc (FRD) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Friedman Industries Inc (FRD) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch