First Solar, Inc. (FSLR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FSLR POWR Grades
- FSLR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 46.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FSLR is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- FSLR ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
FSLR Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $17,981,168,239, FIRST SOLAR INC has a greater market value than 88.41% of US stocks.
- FSLR's current price/earnings ratio is 189.77, which is higher than 97.62% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for FSLR is currently 159.66, higher than 97.57% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FSLR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VICR, NBIX, DXCM, NOVT, and PCTI.
- FSLR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FIRST SOLAR INC's official web site, go to www.firstsolar.com.
FSLR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, FSLR's EV/EBIT ratio is 367.34% higher, now standing at 93.
- FSLR's price/earnings ratio has moved up 352.1 over the prior 197 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FSLR.
FSLR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 108.35%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -58.29%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -16.61%.
The table below shows FSLR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FSLR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FSLR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.61% of graded US stocks.
- FSLR's asset turnover comes in at 0.417 -- ranking 156th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- APH, BELFA, and JCS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FSLR.
The table below shows FSLR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FSLR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FSLR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$168.19||52-week high||$185.28|
|Prev. close||$168.67||52-week low||$59.60|
|Day high||$168.86||Avg. volume||2,330,709|
|50-day MA||$163.50||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$117.66||Market Cap||17.93B|
First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) Company Bio
First Solar designs, manufactures and sells photovoltaic solar modules, and also develops, designs, constructs and sells PV solar power solutions. The Company operates through two segments: components and systems. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Tempe, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
FSLR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FSLR Latest Social Stream
View Full FSLR Social Stream
Latest FSLR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST SOLAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FSLR as an investment opportunity.
After underperforming over the past two years, there are plenty of undervalued renewable energy stocks to buy.
Zacks.com users have recently been watching First Solar (FSLR) quite a bit. Thus, it is worth knowing the facts that could determine the stock's prospects.
Shares of the solar-module maker are up 126% from a year ago, but the ride could be ending, Bank of America argues.
First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR) shares are tearing higher despite some weak financial results recently. But investors are seeing growth pick up and improved margins on the horizon. Motley Fool contributor Travis Hoium covers why he's still bullish on this hot stock in the video below.
First Solar (FSLR) closed at $180.15 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.44% move from the prior day.
FSLR Price Returns