First Solar, Inc. (FSLR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FSLR POWR Grades
- FSLR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97% of US stocks.
- FSLR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- FSLR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 9.9% of US stocks).
FSLR Stock Summary
- FSLR's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.65 -- higher than only 4.08% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -39.9%, First Solar Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 13.06% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, FSLR has reported earnings growth of 2,723.54%, putting it ahead of 99.25% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to First Solar Inc are APPF, AVEO, TDC, NTGR, and YY.
- Visit FSLR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.firstsolar.com.
FSLR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, FSLR's price/earnings ratio is 54.36% lower, now standing at 17.8.
- Over the past 180 months, FSLR's price/sales ratio has gone down 14.5.
- FSLR's price/sales ratio has moved down 14.5 over the prior 180 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FSLR.
FSLR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -94.43%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 1064.28%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1092.81%.
The table below shows FSLR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FSLR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FSLR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.37% of graded US stocks.
- FSLR's asset turnover comes in at 0.417 -- ranking 158th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- BELFA, JCS, and REKR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FSLR.
The table below shows FSLR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FSLR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FSLR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$90.95||52-week high||$112.50|
|Prev. close||$91.15||52-week low||$63.93|
|Day high||$90.95||Avg. volume||2,215,943|
|50-day MA||$93.22||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$88.32||Market Cap||9.67B|
First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) Company Bio
First Solar designs, manufactures and sells photovoltaic solar modules, and also develops, designs, constructs and sells PV solar power solutions. The Company operates through two segments: components and systems. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Tempe, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
FSLR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FSLR Latest Social Stream
View Full FSLR Social Stream
Latest FSLR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about First Solar Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FSLR as an investment opportunity.
Renewable energy stocks have been on a wild ride so far this century as the industry has gone through a number of boom-and-bust cycles. Given what investors have seen take place in renewable energy over the last two decades and where the industry is today, here's why I'm very bullish on renewable energy stocks right now. Renewable energy is booming around the world.
Top American CEOs appreciative of recent reform measures in India, Shringla says after their meetings with Modi
Washington, September 24 Top American CEOs and business leaders during their meetings with Prime Minister Narendra Modi here were appreciative of the recent reform measures in India and felt that there were significant investment opportunities in the country, Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla has said. Modi, who arrived here on Wednesday on an official visit to the US during which he will hold the first face-to-face meeting with President Joe Biden on Friday, held separate meetings with top American CEOs and business leaders on investment in India on Thursday. Modi met Vice President Kamala Harris on Thursday. "Through the morning, had extensive discussions with top CEOs and business leaders on investment in India. They were appreciative of India''s reform trajectory. Closer econ...
Project will enable Polish-based Unimot to strategically expand solar infrastructure Project will enable Polish-based Unimot to strategically expand solar infrastructure
The current situation in clean energy stocks reminds several analysts of the dot-com boom in the late 1990s. According to data from Morningstar, global inflows into clean energy exchange-traded funds (ETFs) jumped to $14.7 billion in the six months to the end of March, up from only $1.3 billion in the same period a year prior. Growth in clean energy companies is a secular trend. Additionally, the industry will be helped by President Joe Biden’s plans to support clean energy projects. But as Patr
Solar stocks could be in for a very lucrative 2022. Among the various sources of renewable energy, solar seems to have significant adoption potential. One of the key reasons is a sharp decline in solar cost. It’s estimated that the cost of solar energy has dropped by 70% in the last decade. Even with this positive factor, solar power accounts for just 3% of electricity generation in the United States. This is likely to change and solar stocks are worth considering for the long-term portfolio. To
FSLR Price Returns