First Solar, Inc. (FSLR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FSLR POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where FSLR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.27% of US stocks.
- FSLR's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- FSLR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 7.01% of US stocks).
FSLR Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 72.26, FIRST SOLAR INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 94.46% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for FIRST SOLAR INC is higher than 91.67% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -37.29%, FIRST SOLAR INC's debt growth rate surpasses merely 8.85% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FSLR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DOX, TRMB, CMBM, THRM, and JKHY.
- FSLR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FIRST SOLAR INC's official web site, go to www.firstsolar.com.
FSLR Valuation Summary
- FSLR's price/earnings ratio is 76.5; this is 259.15% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- FSLR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 219.4 over the prior 193 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FSLR.
FSLR Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 42.72%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -91.36%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -49.04%.
The table below shows FSLR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FSLR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FSLR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.61% of graded US stocks.
- FSLR's asset turnover comes in at 0.417 -- ranking 156th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- APH, BELFA, and JCS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FSLR.
The table below shows FSLR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FSLR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FSLR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$130.93||52-week high||$140.64|
|Prev. close||$136.19||52-week low||$59.60|
|Day high||$138.19||Avg. volume||2,017,352|
|50-day MA||$116.57||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$85.25||Market Cap||13.96B|
First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) Company Bio
First Solar designs, manufactures and sells photovoltaic solar modules, and also develops, designs, constructs and sells PV solar power solutions. The Company operates through two segments: components and systems. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Tempe, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
FSLR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FSLR Latest Social Stream
View Full FSLR Social Stream
Latest FSLR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST SOLAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FSLR as an investment opportunity.
BUCYRUS, Ohio—A fight over a big wind project in central Ohio has become so contentious that some neighbors, longtime friends and even family members have stopped talking to each other. The dispute roiling Crawford County, a mostly flat expanse of farm country north of Columbus, is pitting farmers and other landowners who support the wind project and the new revenue streams it promises against others who fear it could permanently damage the landscape and their quality of life. The 300-megawatt Apex Clean Energy project, which could cover a swath of the county with 50 to 60 wind turbines that reach up to 650 feet high, is being put to a vote in a referendum in November.
Rising oil and gas prices amid supply constraints and concerns about climate changes have triggered a higher focus on green energy sources, including solar, wind, and hydropower. Governments across the world are allocating billions of dollars to accelerate the adoption of clean energy sources. In the U.S., the recently passed Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) allocates $369 billion for clean energy and climate change initiatives. Keeping in mind a favorable demand backdrop, we will discuss three green energy stocks – Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG), First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR), and Brookfield Renewable (NYSE:BEP).
In the latest trading session, First Solar (FSLR) closed at $129.85, marking a -1.46% move from the previous day.
Plug Power and Bloom Energy both announced new business achievements this week, but they were overshadowed by broader economic trends.
November's midterm elections are just around the corner.
FSLR Price Returns