First Solar, Inc. (FSLR): Price and Financial Metrics
FSLR Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -45.69%, First Solar Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 7.12% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, FSLR has reported earnings growth of 230.89%, putting it ahead of 93.36% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for First Solar Inc comes in at 48.68%, a number that bests 89.21% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FSLR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are XBIO, BB, CMTL, RENN, and COHR.
- Visit FSLR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.firstsolar.com.
FSLR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FSLR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$81.91||52-week high||$112.50|
|Prev. close||$81.40||52-week low||$28.47|
|Day high||$82.33||Avg. volume||2,749,896|
|50-day MA||$98.31||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$75.84||Market Cap||8.68B|
First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) Company Bio
First Solar designs, manufactures and sells photovoltaic solar modules, and also develops, designs, constructs and sells PV solar power solutions. The Company operates through two segments: components and systems. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Tempe, Arizona.
FSLR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for FSLR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that First Solar Inc ranked in the 10th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for FSLR, they are:
- In the past 5.5 years, First Solar Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.13%; that's higher than just 5.8% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Technology sector.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 3% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 13.19% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- FSLR's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 48.27% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FSLR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FSLR Latest Social Stream
View Full FSLR Social Stream
Latest FSLR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about First Solar Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FSLR as an investment opportunity.
Investment Case Canadian Solar Inc. (CSIQ) is cheaply valued. Especially considering its growth potential. The company has a strong backlog in energy projects and plans significant production capacity expansion. It is also planning to unlock value by an IPO in China of a subsidiary. The relative valuation to peers looks...
$ 4.57 Billion Growth in Global Thin Film Solar PV Modules Market During 2021-2025 | Featuring Key Vendors Including Antec Solar GmbH, Ascent Solar Technologies Inc., and First Solar Inc. | Technavio
NEW YORK, Feb. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Technavio announces the release of its latest report on the thin film solar PV modules market. The market is segmented by technology (Cadmium Telluride and Copper Indium Gallium Di-Selenide) and geography (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South…
Morgan Stanley says buy these 17 EV and green stocks which are shrugging off any 'bubble' concerns — including one that could rally almost 60%
Summary List Placement Sustainable investing is booming, and a whole sector of green stocks and their enablers is reaping the rewards. Elon Musk's electric-vehicle company Tesla has repeatedly made the headlines with its unprecedented 392% gain year-on-year, but solar firms like SunPower, which gained over 698%, have also been key beneficiaries. These rallies have some investors concerned about a "green bubble" as companies benefit from cheap liquidity and investor interest, according to Morgan Stanley. The broader ESG market is likely to brush off these bubble concerns, with the 17 stocks below likely to be big winners, the firm said. But some companies look decidedly overvalued. Why is the sector performing so well? The task of meeting the Paris Agreement's goal of net zero emissions ...
Shoals Technologies is the IBD Stock Of The Day, for the provider of solar power equipment that recently raised $1.9 billion with an initial public offering that drew high attention.
Although several sectors got hammered pretty badly last year, certain areas did exceptionally well. Renewable energy stocks, for instance, had an amazing year despite the novel coronavirus pandemic. In fact, the pandemic has acted as a tailwind for renewable energy stocks. Governments the world over are placing a premium on renewable energy. That’s primarily the reason you see EV stocks do so well. However, many investors may be skeptical that this is a false dawn. Renewable energy stocks are still considered a chic area of investing. One that does not necessarily give the impression of stability and long-term growth.InvestorPlace - Stock Market News, Stock Advice & Trading Tips 7 Overvalued Stocks Investors Just Don’t Get Tired Of But don’t let those thoughts deter you from investing i...
FSLR Price Returns
Continue Researching FSLRWant to do more research on First Solar Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!