Federal Signal Corporation (FSS): Price and Financial Metrics
FSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.99||52-week high||$58.15|
|Prev. close||$53.17||52-week low||$33.68|
|Day high||$53.52||Avg. volume||317,180|
|50-day MA||$52.31||Dividend yield||0.74%|
|200-day MA||$48.21||Market Cap||3.23B|
FSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FSS POWR Grades
- FSS scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 85.7% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FSS is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- FSS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
FSS Stock Summary
- FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for FSS is currently 44.71, higher than 91.29% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 77.77% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP are SMPL, ABM, CSWI, THR, and MGPI.
- FSS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP's official web site, go to www.federalsignal.com.
FSS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, FSS's price/earnings ratio is 42.62% higher, now standing at 26.1.
- Over the past 243 months, FSS's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FSS.
FSS Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 4.11%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -47.26%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 22.18%.
The table below shows FSS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FSS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FSS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.41% of graded US stocks.
- FSS's asset turnover comes in at 0.953 -- ranking 33rd of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- WNC, ALSN, and MLR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FSS.
The table below shows FSS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FSS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of FSS, see our FSS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$47.50||Average Broker Recommendation||1.36 (Strong Buy)|
Federal Signal Corporation (FSS) Company Bio
Federal Signal is a designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. The Company operates three groups: Environmental Solutions, Safety and Security Systems and Fire Rescue. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
FSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FSS Latest Social Stream
View Full FSS Social Stream
Latest FSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FSS as an investment opportunity.
Here is Why Growth Investors Should Buy Federal Signal (FSS) Now
Federal Signal (FSS) could produce exceptional returns because of its solid growth attributes.
Federal Signal (FSS) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Top Estimates
Federal Signal (FSS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 15% and 3.74%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Federal Signal Reports First Quarter Results Including Double-Digit Sales and Earnings Growth, Record Orders and Backlog; Raises Full-Year Outlook
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE:FSS) (the "Company"), a leader in environmental and safety solutions, today reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2023.
Federal Signal Corporation Increases Quarterly Dividend by 11%
The Board of Directors of Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) declared a quarterly cash dividend of ten cents ($0.10) per share on its common stock. This represents an increase of $0.01 per share, or approximately 11%, compared to the dividend declared in the prior quarter. The dividend is payable on June 2, 2023 to stockholders of record at the close of business on May 19, 2023.
Federal Signal Corporation's (NYSE:FSS) Fundamentals Look Pretty Strong: Could The Market Be Wrong About The Stock?
With its stock down 1.9% over the past three months, it is easy to disregard Federal Signal (NYSE:FSS). However, a...
FSS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FSSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Federal Signal Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Federal Signal Corp (FSS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Federal Signal Corp (FSS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Federal Signal Corp (FSS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...