Federal Signal Corporation (FSS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FSS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where FSS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.57% of US stocks.
- FSS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- FSS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 25th percentile.
FSS Stock Summary
- FSS's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 92.65% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Federal Signal Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 83.71% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Federal Signal Corp's share price is greater than that of only 19.07% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FSS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UNF, PAYX, LHCG, WING, and MWA.
- FSS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Federal Signal Corp's official web site, go to www.federalsignal.com.
FSS Valuation Summary
- FSS's price/earnings ratio is 24.3; this is 8.82% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- FSS's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, FSS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FSS.
FSS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -70.63%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 33.71%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 22.11%.
The table below shows FSS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FSS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FSS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.22% of graded US stocks.
- FSS's asset turnover comes in at 0.953 -- ranking 35th of 69 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- WNC, ALSN, and MLR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FSS.
The table below shows FSS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.62||52-week high||$43.77|
|Prev. close||$39.82||52-week low||$28.03|
|Day high||$39.97||Avg. volume||221,730|
|50-day MA||$39.32||Dividend yield||0.91%|
|200-day MA||$38.40||Market Cap||2.42B|
Federal Signal Corporation (FSS) Company Bio
Federal Signal is a designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. The Company operates three groups: Environmental Solutions, Safety and Security Systems and Fire Rescue. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
FSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FSS Latest Social Stream
View Full FSS Social Stream
Latest FSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Federal Signal Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FSS as an investment opportunity.
Federal Signal Corporation found using ticker (FSS) now have 6 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Strong_Buy''. The target price ranges between 50 and 44 calculating the mean target price we have 47.5. Given that the stocks previous close was at 38.33 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 23.9%. There is a 50 day moving average of 39.51 while the 200 day moving average is 39.99. The company has a market capitalisation of $2,351m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="FSS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Federal Signal Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and supplies a suite of products and integrated solutions for municipal, government...
Federal Signal Corporation's (NYSE:FSS) Fundamentals Look Pretty Strong: Could The Market Be Wrong About The Stock?
With its stock down 1.2% over the past three months, it is easy to disregard Federal Signal (NYSE:FSS). However, a...
Federal Signal Corporation found using ticker (FSS) have now 6 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Strong_Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 50 and 44 calculating the mean target price we have 47.5. Now with the previous closing price of 39.22 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 21.1%. There is a 50 day moving average of 39.58 and the 200 day MA is 39.95. The market cap for the company is $2,353m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="FSS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Federal Signal Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and supplies a suite of products and integrated solutions for municipal, gove...
Federal Signal (FSS) announced a small bolt-on deal over the past week, one which is enough of a reason to update an investment thesis which dates back already some four years ago. In May 2017, Federal Signal announced the purchase of TBEI in a deal which was bringing the company...
Federal Signal's (FSS) acquisition of Ground Force will aid its material hauling offerings. With its completion in Q4, the buyout is expected to boost earnings in the first year of completion.
FSS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|