Federal Signal Corporation (FSS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FSS POWR Grades
- FSS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 82.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FSS is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- FSS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 5.92% of US stocks).
FSS Stock Summary
- Federal Signal Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for FSS is currently 20.8, higher than 70.19% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 34.23%, Federal Signal Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 79.47% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Federal Signal Corp are OFED, CRWS, ADUS, HONE, and WOR.
- Visit FSS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.federalsignal.com.
FSS Valuation Summary
- FSS's price/earnings ratio is 24.3; this is 8.82% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- FSS's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, FSS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FSS.
FSS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 137.52%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -16.96%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 32.32%.
The table below shows FSS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FSS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FSS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.41% of graded US stocks.
- FSS's asset turnover comes in at 0.953 -- ranking 33rd of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- WNC, ALSN, and MLR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FSS.
The table below shows FSS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.74||52-week high||$48.88|
|Prev. close||$34.21||52-week low||$31.86|
|Day high||$35.13||Avg. volume||318,270|
|50-day MA||$33.82||Dividend yield||1.05%|
|200-day MA||$38.94||Market Cap||2.11B|
Federal Signal Corporation (FSS) Company Bio
Federal Signal is a designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. The Company operates three groups: Environmental Solutions, Safety and Security Systems and Fire Rescue. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
FSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FSS Latest Social Stream
View Full FSS Social Stream
Latest FSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Federal Signal Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FSS as an investment opportunity.
LSB (LXU) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 94.59% and 5.62%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
The Board of Directors of Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) declared a quarterly cash dividend of nine cents ($0.09) per share on its common stock. The dividend is payable on April 1, 2022 to stockholders of record at the close of business on March 18, 2022.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) (the "Company"), a leader in environmental and safety solutions, will announce fourth quarter earnings before the market opens on Tuesday, March 1, 2022. The Company will also host an investor conference call and webcast at 10 a.m. Eastern Time the same day with Jennifer L. Sherman, president and chief executive officer, and Ian A. Hudson, senior vice president and chief financial officer.
The following issues have been halted by IIROC:
While Federal Signal Corporation ( NYSE:FSS ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw...
FSS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|