Federal Signal Corporation (FSS): Price and Financial Metrics
FSS Stock Summary
- Federal Signal Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.8% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Federal Signal Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, FSS is more volatile than only 16.59% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Federal Signal Corp are LAKE, MTH, GDOT, ZYXI, and SCHN.
- FSS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Federal Signal Corp's official web site, go to www.federalsignal.com.
FSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.53||52-week high||$41.54|
|Prev. close||$41.41||52-week low||$24.66|
|Day high||$41.53||Avg. volume||253,653|
|50-day MA||$38.07||Dividend yield||0.89%|
|200-day MA||$33.38||Market Cap||2.45B|
Federal Signal Corporation (FSS) Company Bio
Federal Signal is a designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. The Company operates three groups: Environmental Solutions, Safety and Security Systems and Fire Rescue. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.
FSS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Federal Signal Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Federal Signal Corp ranked in the 37th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 53%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for FSS, they are:
- FSS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 35.84% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Federal Signal Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 22.88. This coverage rate is greater than that of 85.43% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Industrials), Federal Signal Corp has a reliance on debt greater than merely 22.15% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FSS Latest Social Stream
View Full FSS Social Stream
Latest FSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Federal Signal Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FSS as an investment opportunity.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) (the "Company"), a leader in environmental and safety solutions, will announce first quarter earnings before the market opens on Tuesday, May 4, 2021. The Company will also host an investor conference call and webcast at 10 a.m. Eastern Time the same day with Jennifer L. Sherman, president and chief executive officer, and Ian A. Hudson, senior vice president and chief financial officer.
Does the April share price for Federal Signal Corporation ( NYSE:FSS ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will...
These stocks are hidden ways to play the possibility of a boost in infrastructural spending in the coming years.
Is Federal Signal Corporation's(NYSE:FSS) Recent Stock Performance Tethered To Its Strong Fundamentals?
Most readers would already be aware that Federal Signal's (NYSE:FSS) stock increased significantly by 12% over the past...
FSS earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
FSS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|