L.B. Foster Company (FSTR): Price and Financial Metrics
FSTR Stock Summary
- FSTR's current price/earnings ratio is 6.02, which is higher than only 4.34% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- FSTR's price/sales ratio is 0.35; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 6.41% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for FSTR comes in at 13.59% -- higher than that of 87.22% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Foster L B Co, a group of peers worth examining would be GBL, UEPS, NRC, KNL, and RUSHA.
- FSTR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Foster L B Co's official web site, go to www.lbfoster.com.
FSTR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FSTR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.50||52-week high||$18.25|
|Prev. close||$17.79||52-week low||$7.96|
|Day high||$17.82||Avg. volume||48,264|
|50-day MA||$15.75||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.31||Market Cap||188.06M|
L.B. Foster Company (FSTR) Company Bio
LB Foster manufactures, fabricates, and distributes products and services for the rail, construction, energy, and utility markets worldwide. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
FSTR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for FSTR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Foster L B Co ranked in the 50th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for FSTR, they are:
- Foster L B Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -1.49. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 18.84% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Foster L B Co experienced a tax rate of about 88% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than 97.41% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FSTR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FSTR Latest Social Stream
View Full FSTR Social Stream
Latest FSTR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Foster L B Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FSTR as an investment opportunity.
L.B. Foster ([[FSTR]] +0.8%) appoints Mr. William M. Thalman as senior VP and CFO, effective March 1, 2021.Mr. Thalman brings to the company considerable experience from a successful career in finance and operating positions.Robert P. Bauer, President and CEO comments, “I am very pleased that Bill has decided to join the management team as...
PITTSBURGH, Feb. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- L.B. Foster Company (the “Company”) (NASDAQ: FSTR), has appointed Mr. William (Bill) M. Thalman as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Company, effective March 1, 2021. Mr. Thalman brings to the company considerable experience from a successful career in finance and operating positions. Mr. Thalman was previously employed by Kennametal, Inc., a publicly-traded corporation providing metal cutting and wear-protection solutions to various industries, since 2004, most recently serving as Vice President – Advanced Material Solutions since 2016 and Vice President – Transformation Office since 2019. Prior to his most recent assignments, Mr. Thalman served in roles of increasing responsibility, including Vice President – Finance...
A look at the shareholders of L.B. Foster Company ( NASDAQ:FSTR ) can tell us which group is most powerful...
L.B. Foster Company's (NASDAQ:FSTR) Stock Has Fared Decently: Is the Market Following Strong Financials?
Most readers would already know that L.B. Foster's (NASDAQ:FSTR) stock increased by 3.1% over the past three months...
After several tireless days we have finished crunching the numbers from nearly 817 13F filings issued by the elite hedge funds and other investment firms that we track at Insider Monkey, which disclosed those firms’ equity portfolios as of September 30th. The results of that effort will be put on display in this article, as […]
FSTR Price Returns
Continue Researching FSTRWant to see what other sources are saying about Foster L B Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!