Forward Air Corporation (FWRD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FWRD POWR Grades
- FWRD scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 84.45% of US stocks.
- FWRD's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- FWRD's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 18.44% of US stocks).
FWRD Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for FWRD is 2.86 -- better than 81.98% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, FWRD has reported earnings growth of 169.67%, putting it ahead of 91.05% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of FORWARD AIR CORP's share price is greater than that of just 15.56% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FORWARD AIR CORP are NATR, WYY, GNLN, AAN, and UHS.
- FWRD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FORWARD AIR CORP's official web site, go to www.forwardair.com.
FWRD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, FWRD's price/sales ratio is 7.69% higher, now standing at 1.4.
- FWRD's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FWRD.
FWRD Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 31.9%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -10.66%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 163.67%.
The table below shows FWRD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FWRD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FWRD has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 57.51% of graded US stocks.
- FWRD's asset turnover comes in at 1.398 -- ranking 19th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- PTSI, ULH, and PATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FWRD.
The table below shows FWRD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FWRD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FWRD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$105.56||52-week high||$117.57|
|Prev. close||$104.60||52-week low||$84.04|
|Day high||$107.58||Avg. volume||151,972|
|50-day MA||$106.31||Dividend yield||0.91%|
|200-day MA||$99.39||Market Cap||2.81B|
Forward Air Corporation (FWRD) Company Bio
Forward Air Corporation provides surface transportation and related logistics services. The company operates in three segments: Forward Air (Forward Air); Forward Air Solutions (FASI); and Total Quality (TQI). The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Greeneville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
FWRD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FWRD Latest Social Stream
View Full FWRD Social Stream
Latest FWRD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FORWARD AIR CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FWRD as an investment opportunity.
Forward Air Corporation Announces Timing of Fourth Quarter 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call
GREENEVILLE, Tenn., January 16, 2023--Forward Air Corporation (NASDAQ:FWRD) will release its fourth quarter 2022 earnings after the market closes on Wednesday, February 8, 2023 and hold a conference call to discuss those results on the following day, Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. ET. The Company’s conference call will be available online on the Investor Relations portion of the Company’s website at ir.forwardaircorp.com, or by dialing (877) 226-8189, Access Code: 8042513. Since we use
Is Forward Air Corporation's (NASDAQ:FWRD) Stock's Recent Performance A Reflection Of Its Financial Health?
Forward Air's (NASDAQ:FWRD) stock up by 5.8% over the past three months. Since the market usually pay for a company’s...
GREENEVILLE, Tenn., January 10, 2023--Forward Air Corporation (NASDAQ: FWRD) (the "Company" or "Forward") today announced a $12,000 donation to Hope For The Warriors on behalf of the Company’s charitable arm, Operation: Forward Freedom (OFF), which supports veteran-related causes throughout the year. The donation from OFF is a combination of a percentage of sales from the Forward company store and a match from Forward.
GREENEVILLE, Tenn., January 04, 2023--Forward Air Corporation (NASDAQ: FWRD) (the "Company" or "Forward") is executing a growth strategy that involves organic infrastructure investments, such as the ongoing LTL network expansion, as well as inorganic investments, including acquisitions of complementary businesses. As part of its inorganic growth strategy, Forward today announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire the assets of Land Air Express, Inc. ("Land Air Express"), a privatel
Today we will run through one way of estimating the intrinsic value of Forward Air Corporation ( NASDAQ:FWRD ) by...
FWRD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|