Forward Air Corporation (FWRD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FWRD POWR Grades
- FWRD scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 95.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FWRD is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- FWRD's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 45.01% of US stocks).
FWRD Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for FWRD is 2.8 -- better than 82.38% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 31.59%, Forward Air Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 78.53% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Forward Air Corp is reporting a growth rate of 232.1%; that's higher than 91.12% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FWRD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are XELB, ATNI, TCBK, CSTR, and FMNB.
- Visit FWRD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.forwardair.com.
FWRD Valuation Summary
- FWRD's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 48.48% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- FWRD's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 18.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, FWRD's price/earnings ratio has gone up 22.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FWRD.
FWRD Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -65.56%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 2.67%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 45.24%.
The table below shows FWRD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FWRD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FWRD has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 57.51% of graded US stocks.
- FWRD's asset turnover comes in at 1.398 -- ranking 19th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- PTSI, ULH, and PATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FWRD.
The table below shows FWRD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FWRD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FWRD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$108.03||52-week high||$125.71|
|Prev. close||$106.77||52-week low||$80.56|
|Day high||$109.20||Avg. volume||163,790|
|50-day MA||$96.17||Dividend yield||0.9%|
|200-day MA||$101.20||Market Cap||2.90B|
Forward Air Corporation (FWRD) Company Bio
Forward Air Corporation provides surface transportation and related logistics services. The company operates in three segments: Forward Air (Forward Air); Forward Air Solutions (FASI); and Total Quality (TQI). The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Greeneville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
FWRD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FWRD Latest Social Stream
View Full FWRD Social Stream
Latest FWRD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Forward Air Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FWRD as an investment opportunity.
Forward Air Corporation's (NASDAQ:FWRD) Fundamentals Look Pretty Strong: Could The Market Be Wrong About The Stock?
Forward Air (NASDAQ:FWRD) has had a rough month with its share price down 8.1%. However, stock prices are usually...
Forward Air (NASDAQ: FWRD) reported stronger-than-expected Q4 results, topping both earnings and revenue estimates. Solid growth strategies, as well as robust demand, drove results leading to an all-time high quarterly record for revenue, net income, and EPS. Forward Air provides scheduled, expedited less-than-truckload (LTL) service for airlines, forwarders and related logistics businesses. FRWD provides balanced airport-to-airport options dedicated to time-definite shipments across North America. Q4 Beat Markedly, adjusted earnings of $1.40 per share more than doubled year-over-year and impressively beat analysts’ expectations of $1.31 per share. The company reported earnings of $0.55 per share for the prior-year period. Further, revenues jumped 31.3% year-over-year to $459.
Forward Air (FWRD) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 9.38% and 4.74%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
GREENEVILLE, Tenn., February 09, 2022--Forward Air Corporation (NASDAQ:FWRD) (the "Company", "we", "our", or "us") today reported financial results for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2021 as presented in the tables below on a continuing operations basis (Pool Distribution was previously reported as a discontinued operation).
Port of Los Angeles Executive Director Gene Seroka joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss America's supply chain crisis and what needs to be done to improve this port issue.
FWRD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|