Forward Air Corporation (FWRD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FWRD POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where FWRD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.19% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FWRD is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- FWRD's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 45.32% of US stocks).
FWRD Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for FWRD is 2.43 -- better than 79.94% of US stocks.
- FWRD's current price/earnings ratio is 98.17, which is higher than 91.87% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for FWRD is currently 39.77, higher than 88.65% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FWRD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ESE, HSTM, MYE, GRC, and KBAL.
- Visit FWRD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.forwardair.com.
FWRD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FWRD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$97.72||52-week high||$100.93|
|Prev. close||$95.37||52-week low||$42.38|
|Day high||$98.06||Avg. volume||132,683|
|50-day MA||$90.31||Dividend yield||0.86%|
|200-day MA||$74.42||Market Cap||2.67B|
Forward Air Corporation (FWRD) Company Bio
Forward Air Corporation provides surface transportation and related logistics services. The company operates in three segments: Forward Air (Forward Air); Forward Air Solutions (FASI); and Total Quality (TQI). The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Greeneville, Tennessee.
FWRD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for FWRD, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Forward Air Corp ranked in the 14th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Forward Air Corp, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.78 years comes in at -0.02%; that's greater than merely 20.38% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Forward Air Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 27 -- greater than 89.1% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Industrials), Forward Air Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 23.77% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FWRD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FWRD Latest Social Stream
View Full FWRD Social Stream
Latest FWRD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Forward Air Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FWRD as an investment opportunity.
Forward Air Corporation (FWRD) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call April 30, 2021, 09:00 AM ET Company Participants Thomas Schmitt - Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Conference Call Participants Jack Atkins - Stephens Tyler Brown - Raymond James Todd Fowler - KeyBanc Capital Markets Scott Group - Wolfe Research Bruce...
FWRD earnings call for the period ending March 31, 2021.
Forward Air (FWRD) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 7.14% and 6.10%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Forward Air Corporation (NASDAQ:FWRD) (the "Company," "we," "our," or "us") today reported financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2021 as presented in the tables below on a continuing operations basis (Pool Distribution is being reported as a discontinued operation).
Forward Air (FWRD) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
FWRD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|