GATX Corporation (GATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GATX POWR Grades
- GATX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.59% of US stocks.
- GATX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- GATX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 14.49% of US stocks).
GATX Stock Summary
- GATX's went public 33.91 years ago, making it older than 90.45% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- For GATX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 92.27% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GATX is more volatile than only 6.79% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Gatx Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be BKD, LSI, UMH, HHC, and AROC.
- GATX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Gatx Corp's official web site, go to www.gatx.com.
GATX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GATX's price/sales ratio is 21.21% lower, now standing at 2.6.
- Over the past 243 months, GATX's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.5.
- GATX's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GATX.
GATX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1.69%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -58.53%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 70.19%.
The table below shows GATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GATX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 29.91% of graded US stocks.
- GATX's asset turnover comes in at 0.133 -- ranking 127th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- HA, KEX, and SAVE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GATX.
The table below shows GATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$88.27||52-week high||$106.31|
|Prev. close||$87.54||52-week low||$61.68|
|Day high||$89.32||Avg. volume||180,776|
|50-day MA||$89.63||Dividend yield||2.27%|
|200-day MA||$92.19||Market Cap||3.13B|
GATX Corporation (GATX) Company Bio
GATX Corporation leases, operates, manages, and re-markets assets in the rail and marine markets in North America and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Rail North America, Rail International, American Steamship Company (ASC), and Portfolio Management. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
GATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GATX Latest Social Stream
View Full GATX Social Stream
Latest GATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gatx Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GATX as an investment opportunity.
Presentation Times and Weblinks Released for Over 130 Presenting CompaniesWednesday and Thursday, September 22 - 23, 2021NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / September 21, 2021 / Sidoti & Company, LLC proudly releases the presentation schedule, with weblink click-throughs, for its Sidoti Fall Virtual Small Cap Investor Conference, to be held on Wednesday, September 22, 2021, and Thursday, September 23, 2021. Virtual Agenda - Wednesday, September 22nd - All Times EDT Click on Company Name to Open Link to
When you buy shares in a company, it's worth keeping in mind the possibility that it could fail, and you could lose...
GATX Corporation to Present at the Cowen Annual Global Transportation and Sustainable Mobility Conference
CHICAGO, September 02, 2021--GATX Corporation (NYSE:GATX) today announced that Robert C. Lyons, executive vice president and president, Rail North America, will present at the Cowen Annual Global Transportation and Sustainable Mobility Virtual Conference on Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2021. The presentation will include an overview of GATX’s operations.
United Airlines (UAL) is benefiting from continued improved in air-travel demand and reduced unit costs.
Gatx (GATX) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
GATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|