GATX Corporation (GATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$109.23||52-week high||$133.01|
|Prev. close||$109.97||52-week low||$84.96|
|Day high||$110.64||Avg. volume||144,250|
|50-day MA||$120.70||Dividend yield||1.96%|
|200-day MA||$115.18||Market Cap||3.87B|
GATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GATX POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where GATX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GATX is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- GATX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
GATX Stock Summary
- GATX CORP's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.15% of US equities in our set.
- For GATX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.28% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GATX is more volatile than only 16.03% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GATX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BKD, JOE, LPG, PNM, and AMC.
- GATX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GATX CORP's official web site, go to www.gatx.com.
GATX Valuation Summary
- GATX's price/sales ratio is 3; this is 150% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- GATX's price/earnings ratio has moved down 49.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GATX.
GATX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 1.65%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 37.34%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 17.66%.
The table below shows GATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GATX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.51% of graded US stocks.
- GATX's asset turnover comes in at 0.131 -- ranking 126th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- KEX, HA, and BCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GATX.
The table below shows GATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GATX Corporation (GATX) Company Bio
GATX Corporation leases, operates, manages, and re-markets assets in the rail and marine markets in North America and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Rail North America, Rail International, American Steamship Company (ASC), and Portfolio Management. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
GATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GATX Latest Social Stream
View Full GATX Social Stream
Latest GATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GATX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GATX as an investment opportunity.
Ryder (R) expects full-year adjusted earnings per share between $12.20 and $12.70 (prior view: $11.30-$12.05).
Sidoti Events, LLC, an affiliate of Sidoti & Company, LLC, has released the presentation schedule and weblinks for its two-day September Small-Cap Conference taking place Wednesday and Thursday, September 20-21, 2023. The presentation schedule is subject to change.
GATX Corporation ( NYSE:GATX ), might not be a large cap stock, but it received a lot of attention from a substantial...
J.B. Hunt (JBHT) will make use of its available cash balance to buy assets of BNSF Logistics.
Paul Stone will exit from the responsibilities of Hertz Global (HTZ) as a COO from Sep 30, 2023.
GATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|