GATX Corporation (GATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GATX POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where GATX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GATX is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- GATX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
GATX Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 553.68, Gatx Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 94.77% of US stocks.
- Gatx Corp's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.62% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Gatx Corp is higher than it is for about 91.83% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GATX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RPT, LSI, SMLP, BRX, and HHC.
- GATX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Gatx Corp's official web site, go to www.gatx.com.
GATX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GATX's price/sales ratio is 21.21% lower, now standing at 2.6.
- Over the past 243 months, GATX's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.5.
- GATX's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GATX.
GATX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 140.4%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -18.83%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -5.39%.
The table below shows GATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GATX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.51% of graded US stocks.
- GATX's asset turnover comes in at 0.131 -- ranking 126th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- KEX, HA, and BCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GATX.
The table below shows GATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$105.95||52-week high||$127.58|
|Prev. close||$104.50||52-week low||$84.50|
|Day high||$107.52||Avg. volume||198,636|
|50-day MA||$114.59||Dividend yield||1.99%|
|200-day MA||$102.76||Market Cap||3.77B|
GATX Corporation (GATX) Company Bio
GATX Corporation leases, operates, manages, and re-markets assets in the rail and marine markets in North America and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Rail North America, Rail International, American Steamship Company (ASC), and Portfolio Management. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
GATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GATX Latest Social Stream
View Full GATX Social Stream
Latest GATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gatx Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GATX as an investment opportunity.
Despite a dip in revenues, Golar LNG's (GLNG) bottom line improves significantly in Q4 owing to reduced expenses.
Here is how Gatx (GATX) and Hoegh LNG (HMLP) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Improved market sentiments surrounding the Drybulk market are likely to have aided Eagle Bulk Shipping's (EGLE) Q4 performance.
Gatx (GATX) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Expeditors' (EXPD) Q4 results benefit from strong airfreight tonnage volumes and higher revenues across all segments.
GATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|