GATX Corporation (GATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GATX POWR Grades
- GATX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 81.14% of US stocks.
- GATX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- GATX ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
GATX Stock Summary
- Gatx Corp's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.59% of US equities in our set.
- For GATX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 93.67% of US equities we're observing.
- Gatx Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -28.43%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 8.97% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Gatx Corp are HIW, DAC, TGH, BGS, and AER.
- GATX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Gatx Corp's official web site, go to www.gatx.com.
GATX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GATX's price/earnings ratio is 23.2% lower, now standing at 24.
- Over the past 243 months, GATX's price/sales ratio has gone up $1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GATX.
GATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$97.30||52-week high||$106.31|
|Prev. close||$97.06||52-week low||$56.56|
|Day high||$97.73||Avg. volume||201,084|
|50-day MA||$97.42||Dividend yield||2.06%|
|200-day MA||$85.35||Market Cap||3.44B|
GATX Corporation (GATX) Company Bio
GATX Corporation leases, operates, manages, and re-markets assets in the rail and marine markets in North America and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Rail North America, Rail International, American Steamship Company (ASC), and Portfolio Management. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
GATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GATX Latest Social Stream
View Full GATX Social Stream
Latest GATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gatx Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GATX as an investment opportunity.
While GATX Corporation ( NYSE:GATX ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw a double-digit...
Gatx (GATX) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
GATX Corp's (GATX) sound liquidity position is impressive. However, decline in profits in the Rail North America segment is a headwind.
CHICAGO, May 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GATX Corporation (NYSE:GATX) today announced publication of its first Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) report, which discloses metrics related to relevant environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors for calendar year 2020. Furthermore, the Company announced disclosure of its Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions data for calendar year 2019. GATX intends to publish 2020 GHG emissions data in the second half of 2021. “These disclosures signify GATX’s progress toward increased transparency on our ESG performance while further highlighting our longstanding commitment to important sustainability issues,” said Brian A. Kenney, president and chief executive officer of GATX. “We believe GATX’s continued focus on investing i...
While some investors are already well versed in financial metrics (hat tip), this article is for those who would like...
GATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|