GATX Corporation (GATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GATX POWR Grades
- GATX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 88.87% of US stocks.
- GATX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GATX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
GATX Stock Summary
- GATX's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 389.3 -- higher than 92.44% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- GATX's went public 35.42 years ago, making it older than 91.53% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GATX CORP is higher than it is for about 93.83% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GATX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LSI, ELS, BRX, NFE, and NSA.
- Visit GATX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gatx.com.
GATX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GATX's EV/EBIT ratio is 50.64% higher, now standing at 23.5.
- GATX's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GATX.
GATX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 1.65%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 37.34%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 17.66%.
The table below shows GATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GATX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.51% of graded US stocks.
- GATX's asset turnover comes in at 0.131 -- ranking 126th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- KEX, HA, and BCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GATX.
The table below shows GATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$106.70||52-week high||$127.58|
|Prev. close||$105.95||52-week low||$84.96|
|Day high||$107.25||Avg. volume||148,773|
|50-day MA||$108.83||Dividend yield||2.1%|
|200-day MA||$102.45||Market Cap||3.77B|
GATX Corporation (GATX) Company Bio
GATX Corporation leases, operates, manages, and re-markets assets in the rail and marine markets in North America and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Rail North America, Rail International, American Steamship Company (ASC), and Portfolio Management. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
GATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GATX Latest Social Stream
View Full GATX Social Stream
Latest GATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GATX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GATX as an investment opportunity.
GATX's (NYSE:GATX) investors will be pleased with their respectable 85% return over the last three years
By buying an index fund, you can roughly match the market return with ease. But many of us dare to dream of bigger...
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies, Ryder System and GATX
Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies, Ryder System and GATX are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
Are You Looking for a High-Growth Dividend Stock?
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Gatx (GATX) have what it takes? Let's find out.
3 Transport Equipment & Leasing Stocks to Watch Amid Industry Hiccups
While rising economic uncertainty has dampened the Zacks Transportation - Equipment and Leasing industry's prospects' players like WAB, R and GATX are well equipped to tide over the headwinds.
6 Reasons Why Investors Should Add GATX to Their Portfolio
GATX expects current-year earnings in the range of $6.50-$6.90 per share.
GATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GATXWant to do more research on Gatx Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Gatx Corp (GATX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Gatx Corp (GATX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Gatx Corp (GATX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...