GATX Corporation (GATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GATX POWR Grades
- GATX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 84.27% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GATX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- GATX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 16.46% of US stocks).
GATX Stock Summary
- GATX CORP's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.45% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of GATX CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 17.14% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GATX CORP is higher than it is for about 93.57% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GATX CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be LSI, WSR, LPG, HHC, and INSW.
- GATX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GATX CORP's official web site, go to www.gatx.com.
GATX Valuation Summary
- GATX's EV/EBIT ratio is 23.1; this is 32.76% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GATX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GATX.
GATX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -32.28%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 4.33%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -15.99%.
The table below shows GATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GATX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.51% of graded US stocks.
- GATX's asset turnover comes in at 0.131 -- ranking 126th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- KEX, HA, and BCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GATX.
The table below shows GATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$110.12||52-week high||$127.58|
|Prev. close||$111.91||52-week low||$84.96|
|Day high||$112.11||Avg. volume||171,881|
|50-day MA||$99.19||Dividend yield||1.89%|
|200-day MA||$103.67||Market Cap||3.88B|
GATX Corporation (GATX) Company Bio
GATX Corporation leases, operates, manages, and re-markets assets in the rail and marine markets in North America and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Rail North America, Rail International, American Steamship Company (ASC), and Portfolio Management. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
GATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GATX Latest Social Stream
View Full GATX Social Stream
Latest GATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GATX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GATX as an investment opportunity.
Gatx (GATX) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
If you're looking for a multi-bagger, there's a few things to keep an eye out for. Typically, we'll want to notice a...
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Thomas A. Ellman, executive vice president and chief financial officer, GATX Corporation (NYSE:GATX), will present at the Stephens Annual Investment Conference on Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022. GATX’s presentation will begin at 10:00 a.m. ET. To listen to a live webcast of the event, please access the appropriate link at www.gatx.com at least 15 minutes prior to the start time. The webcast will be archived for 90 days. COMPANY DESCRIPTION At GATX Corporation (NYSE:GATX), we
CHICAGO, November 01, 2022--GATX Corporation (NYSE:GATX) today announced that James B. Ream has been named as the Company’s independent chair of its board of directors, effective today. Mr. Ream succeeds Brian A. Kenney, who retired as the Company’s president and chief executive officer in April 2022 and who has served on the board as non-executive chair for a transitional period ending Oct. 31, 2022. The board previously announced its intention to separate the board chair and CEO roles followin
GATX Corporation ( NYSE:GATX ), might not be a large cap stock, but it received a lot of attention from a substantial...
GATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|