Genesco Inc. (GCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GCO POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GCO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.97% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GCO is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 163 days.
- GCO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
GCO Stock Summary
- GCO's went public 36.08 years ago, making it older than 92.74% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- GCO's current price/earnings ratio is 5.92, which is higher than just 9.4% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.36, Genesco Inc has a higher such ratio than only 7.4% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Genesco Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SCX, KELYA, OXM, LL, and MOV.
- Visit GCO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genesco.com.
GCO Valuation Summary
- GCO's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 83.87% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GCO's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GCO's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GCO.
GCO Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 22.81%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 176.24%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 8.16%.
The table below shows GCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GCO has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.39% of graded US stocks.
- GCO's asset turnover comes in at 1.372 -- ranking 89th of 165 Retail stocks.
- FAST, TTSH, and WMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GCO.
The table below shows GCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.89||52-week high||$73.72|
|Prev. close||$57.83||52-week low||$35.48|
|Day high||$60.07||Avg. volume||173,571|
|50-day MA||$64.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$59.59||Market Cap||860.21M|
Genesco Inc. (GCO) Company Bio
Genesco Inc. engages in the retail and wholesale of footwear, apparel, and accessories. The company operates in five segments: Journeys Group, Schuh Group, Lids Sports Group, Johnston & Murphy Group, and Licensed Brands. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
GCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCO Latest Social Stream
View Full GCO Social Stream
Latest GCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genesco Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCO as an investment opportunity.
Retailers such as Builders FirstSource (BLDR), Ulta Beauty (ULTA), Genesco (GCO) and Costco (COST) are finding innovative ways to navigate through industry challenges.
Genesco (GCO) possesses solid growth attributes, which could help it handily outperform the market.
If you are looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices, Genesco (GCO) could be a great choice. It is one of the several stocks that passed through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
Is Genesco (GCO) a great pick from the value investor's perspective right now? Read on to know more.
Genesco (GCO) reports total overall sales growth by 18% and 9% for the QTD period ended Dec.25 compared to the same period for FY21 and FY20 respectively.While total store sales reported
GCO Price Returns