Genesco Inc. (GCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.05||52-week high||$53.25|
|Prev. close||$30.10||52-week low||$17.31|
|Day high||$30.52||Avg. volume||255,263|
|50-day MA||$28.61||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$34.79||Market Cap||377.52M|
GCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCO POWR Grades
- GCO scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 82.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GCO is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- GCO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
GCO Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GCO is 4.38 -- better than 89.08% of US stocks.
- GENESCO INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- GCO's price/sales ratio is 0.15; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 4% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GENESCO INC are NUS, KFY, CAL, HVT, and SAMG.
- Visit GCO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genesco.com.
GCO Valuation Summary
- GCO's price/earnings ratio is 39.2; this is 161.33% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GCO's price/earnings ratio has moved up 25 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GCO.
GCO Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -190.71%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -38.83%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 170.44%.
The table below shows GCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GCO has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.39% of graded US stocks.
- GCO's asset turnover comes in at 1.372 -- ranking 89th of 165 Retail stocks.
- FAST, TTSH, and WMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GCO.
The table below shows GCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Genesco Inc. (GCO) Company Bio
Genesco Inc. engages in the retail and wholesale of footwear, apparel, and accessories. The company operates in five segments: Journeys Group, Schuh Group, Lids Sports Group, Johnston & Murphy Group, and Licensed Brands. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
GCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCO Latest Social Stream
View Full GCO Social Stream
Latest GCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENESCO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCO as an investment opportunity.
We have narrowed our search to five retail - apparel and shoe industry stocks that have strong potential for the rest of 2023. These stocks are: AEO, GCO, URBN, ANF, SKX.
Genesco (GCO) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
While Genesco Inc. ( NYSE:GCO ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it received a lot of attention...
Genesco Inc. (NYSE:GCO) Q2 2024 Earnings Call Transcript August 31, 2023 Genesco Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $0.85, expectations were $-1.23. Operator: Good day, everyone, and welcome to Genesco’s Second Quarter Fiscal 2024 Conference Call. Just a reminder, today’s call is being recorded. I will now turn the call over to Darryl MacQuarrie, […]
Q2 2024 Genesco Inc Earnings Call
GCO Price Returns