Genesco Inc. (GCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GCO POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GCO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.37% of US stocks.
- GCO's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- GCO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 22.32% of US stocks).
GCO Stock Summary
- GENESCO INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.49% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of GENESCO INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- GCO's price/sales ratio is 0.24; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 6.63% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GENESCO INC, a group of peers worth examining would be BBW, BGFV, SPWH, HNI, and TLYS.
- Visit GCO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genesco.com.
GCO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GCO's price/sales ratio is 83.33% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, GCO's price/earnings ratio has gone down 6.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GCO.
GCO Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -54.89%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 356.44%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 170.44%.
The table below shows GCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GCO has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.39% of graded US stocks.
- GCO's asset turnover comes in at 1.372 -- ranking 89th of 165 Retail stocks.
- FAST, TTSH, and WMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GCO.
The table below shows GCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.70||52-week high||$72.34|
|Prev. close||$45.61||52-week low||$37.54|
|Day high||$45.23||Avg. volume||184,390|
|50-day MA||$45.44||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$55.66||Market Cap||571.12M|
Genesco Inc. (GCO) Company Bio
Genesco Inc. engages in the retail and wholesale of footwear, apparel, and accessories. The company operates in five segments: Journeys Group, Schuh Group, Lids Sports Group, Johnston & Murphy Group, and Licensed Brands. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
GCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCO Latest Social Stream
View Full GCO Social Stream
Latest GCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENESCO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCO as an investment opportunity.
Genesco ( NYSE:GCO ) Third Quarter 2023 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$603.8m (flat on 3Q 2022). Net income...
Inflation is also impacting the spending patterns of the Journeys consumer.
Q3 2023 Genesco Inc Earnings Call
Genesco (GCO) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 5.10% and 2.30%, respectively, for the quarter ended October 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Journeys, Johnston & Murphy parent Genesco stock drops after profit outlook slashed, due to 'sluggish' November
Shares of shoe and accessories seller Genesco Inc. dropped 7.0% in premarket trading Friday, after the parent of store brands including Journeys and Johnston & Murphy reported fiscal third-quarter profit and sales that beat expectations but slashed its full-year earnings outlook, citing a "sluggish" start to November, higher promotional activity and continued cost pressures. Net income for the quarter to Oct. 29 fell to $20.4 million, or $1.65 a share, from $32.9 million, or $2.25 a share, in th
GCO Price Returns