Genesco Inc. (GCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GCO POWR Grades
- GCO scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.36% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GCO is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- GCO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
GCO Stock Summary
- GCO's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 92.65% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.43, Genesco Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 7.91% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, GCO has reported earnings growth of -193.84%, putting it ahead of merely 10.7% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GCO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HOFT, SPWH, LL, CNXN, and KELYA.
- Visit GCO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genesco.com.
GCO Valuation Summary
- GCO's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 83.87% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GCO's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GCO's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GCO.
GCO Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 672.58%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 8.16%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -145.48%.
The table below shows GCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GCO has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.32% of graded US stocks.
- GCO's asset turnover comes in at 1.372 -- ranking 89th of 164 Retail stocks.
- TTSH, WMT, and CVS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GCO.
The table below shows GCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.67||52-week high||$67.26|
|Prev. close||$63.13||52-week low||$17.54|
|Day high||$63.54||Avg. volume||138,899|
|50-day MA||$59.39||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$50.67||Market Cap||931.77M|
Genesco Inc. (GCO) Company Bio
Genesco Inc. engages in the retail and wholesale of footwear, apparel, and accessories. The company operates in five segments: Journeys Group, Schuh Group, Lids Sports Group, Johnston & Murphy Group, and Licensed Brands. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
GCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCO Latest Social Stream
View Full GCO Social Stream
Latest GCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genesco Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCO as an investment opportunity.
David Swartz, Morningstar Research Equity Analyst, joins Yahoo Finance Live to breakdown Nike's latest financial results, supply chain challenges and the company's move to cut revenue forecasts.
"Genesco is the perfect partner to help Iconix further grow and maximize the Starter brand," said Iconix Brand Group Inc. president and CEO Robert Galvin.
People have finally started spending on clothing and apparel, helping stocks of The Gap (GPS), Foot Locker (FL) and The TJX Companies (TJX).
Rising fears over the pandemic once again saw people relying more on e-commerce in August, driving stocks like COST, TJX, CPRI, FL and GCO.
Retailers with a strong online presence like RH (RH), The TJX Companies, (TJX), Capri Holdings (CPRI), Foot Locker (FL), and Genesco (GCO) are likely to benefit in the near term.
GCO Price Returns