Guess?, Inc. (GES): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GES POWR Grades
- GES scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 95.53% of US stocks.
- GES's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- GES ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
GES Stock Summary
- Guess Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 89.84% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.54, Guess Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 12.19% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, GES has reported earnings growth of -514.33%, putting it ahead of merely 3.92% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GES, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HZO, LAWS, ASO, ZUMZ, and MHO.
- GES's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Guess Inc's official web site, go to www.guess.com.
GES Valuation Summary
- GES's price/earnings ratio is 17.8; this is 8.25% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GES's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, GES's price/earnings ratio has gone up 297.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GES.
GES Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 66.99%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 226.5%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -5.78%.
The table below shows GES's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GES's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GES has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.48% of graded US stocks.
- GES's asset turnover comes in at 0.978 -- ranking 18th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- OXM, RL, and DECK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GES.
The table below shows GES's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.78||52-week high||$25.27|
|Prev. close||$19.25||52-week low||$16.05|
|Day high||$20.30||Avg. volume||1,052,066|
|50-day MA||$18.68||Dividend yield||4.68%|
|200-day MA||$21.18||Market Cap||1.18B|
Guess?, Inc. (GES) Company Bio
Guess Inc. designs, markets, distributes and licenses a lifestyle collection of contemporary apparel, denim, handbags, watches, footwear and other related consumer products. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
GES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GES Latest Social Stream
View Full GES Social Stream
Latest GES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Guess Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GES as an investment opportunity.
New Activist Breeds: SPACs, ESG and M&A – Full Video Highlights of 2022 CorpGov Winter Activism Forum
Activism isn’t only alive and well – it’s taking new forms that will impact the entire ecosystem, from proxy advisors to bankers to companies themselves. To discuss the market landscape, CorpGov and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association hosted the 2022 Winter Activism Forum on Feb. 16 featuring leading market participants and advisors who […]
Replay – 2022 CorpGov Winter Activism Forum with Jefferies, Glass Lewis, Longacre Square, V&E, ICR, Morrow Sodali, Legion Partners
CorpGov and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association hosted the 2022 Winter Activism Forum featuring leading market participants and advisors who have consulted on board intelligence and the most prominent activism campaigns in recent years. The panel discussed the 2022 proxy season, ESG-based activism, proxy advisor considerations, “SPAC-tivism” and more with data from AI-enabled […]
Join CorpGov’s Winter Activism Forum Feb. 16 with Jefferies, Glass Lewis, Longacre Square, V&E, ICR, Morrow Sodali, Legion Partners
IPO Edge sister platform CorpGov and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association will host the 2022 Winter Activism Forum on Wednesday, Feb. 16 at 2:30pm ET featuring leading market […]
Activist investor Legion Partners is calling for fashion designer Guess Inc. (NYSE:GES) to remove the company's co-founders from its board following sexual-misconduct allegations. Guess gained 1.4% in after hours trading. Legion Partners, which has a roughly 2.5% stake in Guess (GES), is calling for the board to remove Paul Marciano and his...
LOS ANGELES, February 08, 2022--Guess?, Inc. (NYSE: GES) today issued the following statement in response to a letter released by Legion Partners.
GES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|