General Finance Corporation (GFN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GFN POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where GFN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.8% of US stocks.
- GFN's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- GFN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 55th percentile.
GFN Stock Summary
- GFN's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,350.53 -- higher than 97% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- The volatility of General Finance CORP's share price is greater than that of 89.91% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- General Finance CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 6.99%, greater than the shareholder yield of 75.14% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GFN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AMCX, ICUI, TDY, LZB, and MASI.
- Visit GFN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.generalfinance.com.
GFN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GFN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.01||52-week high||$19.30|
|Prev. close||$18.99||52-week low||$5.59|
|Day high||$19.01||Avg. volume||161,711|
|50-day MA||$15.83||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$10.02||Market Cap||574.88M|
General Finance Corporation (GFN) Company Bio
General Finance Corporation provides portable storage, modular space, and liquid containment solutions in North America and the Asia-Pacific regions. Its portable storage products include storage containers used in classroom equipment storage, construction equipment and tool storage, disaster shelters, landscaping sheds, recreational equipment storage, and retail inventory storage applications; and freight containers used in freight transportation by road and rail. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Pasadena, California.
GFN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for General Finance CORP with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that General Finance CORP ranked in the 60th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 30% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of General Finance CORP, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of General Finance CORP over the past 5.24 years is 0.2%; that's higher than 61.79% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- 57% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 20.2% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 43% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 79.76% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GFN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GFN Latest Social Stream
View Full GFN Social Stream
Latest GFN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Finance CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GFN as an investment opportunity.
United Rentals, Inc. (NYSE: URI) ("United Rentals") today announced that its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, UR Merger Sub VI Corporation, a Delaware corporation ("Merger Sub"), has successfully completed its previously announced tender offer (the "Offer") to purchase all of the outstanding shares of common stock, par value $0.0001 per share, of General Finance Corporation (NASDAQ: GFN) ("General Finance") for a price of $19.00 per share, net to the holder thereof in cash, without interest, less any applicable withholding of taxes. At 12:00 midnight, New York time, at the end of the day of Friday, May 21, 2021, the Offer expired as scheduled and was not extended. Merger Sub expects to complete the acquisition of General Finance on Tuesday, May 25, through a merger under Section 251(h)...
Lifshitz Law Firm, P.C. Announces Investigation of CNBKA, EQC, MNR, GFN, KNL, MLHR, LMNX, EBSB, INDB, PMBC, BANC, PFOH, FMAO, WRI, and KIM
Century Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:CNBKA)Lifshitz Law Firm, P.C. announces investigation into possible breach of fiduciary duties in connection with the sale of CNBKA to EBC for $115.28 per share.
Industrial stocks suffered badly last year.
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates XOG, SOLY, GFN, MFNC; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, May 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies: Extraction Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ: XOG) concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to Bonanza Creek Energy, Inc. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Extraction shareholders will receive a fixed exchange ratio of 1.1711 shares of Bonanza Creek common shares for each share of Extraction common stock owned on the closing date. Upon completion of the transaction, Extraction Oil will own approximately 50% of the combined company, to be named Civitas Resources, Inc. If you are an Extraction Oil shareholder, click here to learn more about your rights and options. ...
NEW YORK, May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Moore Kuehn, PLLC, a law firm focusing in securities litigation located on Wall Street in downtown New York City, is investigating potential claims concerning whether the following proposed mergers are fair to shareholders. Moore Kuehn may seek increased consideration, additional disclosures, or other relief on behalf of the shareholders of these companies: General Finance Corporation (NASDAQ: GFN) A tender offer expiring on May 21, 2021, was commenced by United Rentals to acquired General Finance Corporation for $19.00 per share. The solicitation statements filed with the SEC in support of the acquisition may omit material information regarding the financial metrics and analyses used to evaluate the merger. EQT Corporation (NYSE: EQT) EQT Corp...
GFN Price Returns