Graham Holdings Company (GHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GHC POWR Grades
- GHC scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 78.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GHC is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 26 weeks.
- GHC's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 26.5% of US stocks).
GHC Stock Summary
- GHC's went public 32.89 years ago, making it older than 89.39% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, GHC has reported earnings growth of -66.25%, putting it ahead of just 19.66% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of GRAHAM HOLDINGS CO's share price is greater than that of only 3.4% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GRAHAM HOLDINGS CO, a group of peers worth examining would be RICK, SAIA, KSS, ITIC, and CMCL.
- Visit GHC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ghco.com.
GHC Valuation Summary
- GHC's price/earnings ratio is 21.1; this is 4.52% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GHC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 29.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GHC.
GHC Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 8.12%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -33.5%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -69.94%.
The table below shows GHC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GHC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GHC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.86% of graded US stocks.
- GHC's asset turnover comes in at 0.474 -- ranking 33rd of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- BFAM, UNF, and EDU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GHC.
The table below shows GHC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$610.54||52-week high||$675.00|
|Prev. close||$613.80||52-week low||$525.58|
|Day high||$618.00||Avg. volume||18,502|
|50-day MA||$608.69||Dividend yield||1.03%|
|200-day MA||$591.54||Market Cap||2.93B|
Graham Holdings Company (GHC) Company Bio
Graham Holdings is a diversified education and media company whose principal operations include educational services, television broadcasting, cable systems and online services, print and local television news. Its education services operates in three segments: Kaplan Higher Education, Kaplan Test Preparation and Kaplan International. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Washington, D.C.
Most Popular Stories View All
GHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GHC Latest Social Stream
View Full GHC Social Stream
Latest GHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GRAHAM HOLDINGS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GHC as an investment opportunity.
According to Benzinga Pro, during Q3, Graham Holdings (NYSE: GHC ) earned $33.84 million, a 150.8% increase from the preceding quarter. Graham Holdings also posted a total of $1.01 billion in sales, a 8.48% increase since Q2. Graham Holdings collected $933.30 million in revenue during Q2, but reported earnings showed a $66.61 million loss. What Is ROCE? Return on Capital Employed is a measure of yearly pre-tax profit relative to capital employed by a business. Changes in earnings and sales indicate shifts in a company''s ROCE. A higher ROCE is generally representative of … Full story available on Benzinga.com
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Graham Corporation ( NYSE:GHM ) by estimating the...
Crain's New York Business Names Kaplan Educational Foundation Executive Director Nolvia Delgado to its Prestigious "40 Under 40" List
NEW YORK, November 07, 2022--Crain's New York Business has named Kaplan Educational Foundation (KEF) Executive Director Nolvia Delgado to its prestigious "40 Under 40" list .
Graham (GHM) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 80% and 3.09%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Parker-Hannifin (PH) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 14.22% and 7.89%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
GHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|