Graham Holdings Company (GHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GHC Stock Summary
- Graham Holdings Co's stock had its IPO on January 24, 1990, making it an older stock than 87.58% of US equities in our set.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for GHC is currently 19.6, higher than 74.03% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 117.5%, Graham Holdings Co's debt growth rate surpasses 87.88% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Graham Holdings Co, a group of peers worth examining would be MWA, UMBF, AN, JW.A, and AEO.
- Visit GHC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ghco.com.
GHC Stock Price Chart More Charts
GHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$521.60||52-week high||$756.26|
|Prev. close||$530.90||52-week low||$518.81|
|Day high||$533.12||Avg. volume||29,020|
|50-day MA||$601.12||Dividend yield||1.11%|
|200-day MA||$661.71||Market Cap||2.77B|
Graham Holdings Company (GHC) Company Bio
Graham Holdings is a diversified education and media company whose principal operations include educational services, television broadcasting, cable systems and online services, print and local television news. Its education services operates in three segments: Kaplan Higher Education, Kaplan Test Preparation and Kaplan International. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Washington, D.C.
GHC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GHC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Graham Holdings Co ranked in the 11st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Graham Holdings Co ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 11.67; that's higher than 76.07% of US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.48 years, is -0.12% -- higher than merely 14.63% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Graham Holdings Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 14.29% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|