Graham Holdings Company (GHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GHC Stock Summary
- GHC's went public 31.13 years ago, making it older than 88.12% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- GHC's current price/earnings ratio is 9.44, which is higher than just 10.97% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GHC comes in at 6.5% -- higher than that of 78.79% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GHC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SCHL, PVH, DXPE, STN, and UNVR.
- GHC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Graham Holdings Co's official web site, go to www.ghco.com.
GHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$576.00||52-week high||$634.00|
|Prev. close||$566.81||52-week low||$267.89|
|Day high||$576.00||Avg. volume||19,730|
|50-day MA||$568.46||Dividend yield||1.06%|
|200-day MA||$444.97||Market Cap||2.88B|
Graham Holdings Company (GHC) Company Bio
Graham Holdings is a diversified education and media company whose principal operations include educational services, television broadcasting, cable systems and online services, print and local television news. Its education services operates in three segments: Kaplan Higher Education, Kaplan Test Preparation and Kaplan International. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Washington, D.C.
GHC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Graham Holdings Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Graham Holdings Co ranked in the 94th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 2449% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GHC, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.8 years comes in at 1.3%; that's greater than 92.96% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Graham Holdings Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 10.01% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Graham Holdings Co experienced a tax rate of about 19% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than 81.58% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GHC Latest Social Stream
View Full GHC Social Stream
Latest GHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Graham Holdings Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GHC as an investment opportunity.
Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC) today reported net income attributable to common shares of $300.4 million ($58.13 per share) for the year ended December 31, 2020, compared to $327.9 million ($61.21 per share) for the year ended December 31, 2019. For the fourth quarter of 2020, the Company reported net income attributable to common shares of $237.1 million ($47.34 per share), compared to $145.9 million ($27.25 per share) for the same period of 2019.
Legendary fund manager Li Lu (who Charlie Munger backed) once said, 'The biggest investment risk is not the volatility...
Graham Holdings (GHC) declares $1.51/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 0.98%Payable May 13; for shareholders of record April 16; ex-div April 15.See GHC Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC) announced today that Tony Allen has been elected to the Board of Directors.
Exclusive Partnership Between Kaplan and ConnecME Marks a New Era of Educational Solutions in the Middle East
ConnecME Education, the leading provider of international education solutions in the Middle East and North Africa, launches partnership with Kaplan.
GHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GHCWant to see what other sources are saying about Graham Holdings Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!