Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNW POWR Grades
- GNW scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 88.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GNW is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- GNW's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 17.82% of US stocks).
GNW Stock Summary
- GNW's current price/earnings ratio is 4.61, which is higher than only 8.87% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -32.75%, GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 9.59% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GNW comes in at 31.13% -- higher than that of 95.27% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CZNC, WSBC, BCML, UCBI, and UVSP.
- Visit GNW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genworth.com.
GNW Valuation Summary
- GNW's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 86.21% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 227 months, GNW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 4.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GNW.
GNW Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -8.04%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 16.61%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 740.78%.
The table below shows GNW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GNW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GNW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.27% of graded US stocks.
- GNW's asset turnover comes in at 0.085 -- ranking 112th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MKL, CINF, and WTM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GNW.
The table below shows GNW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GNW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.54||52-week high||$5.55|
|Prev. close||$5.54||52-week low||$3.43|
|Day high||$5.54||Avg. volume||2,783,799|
|50-day MA||$5.13||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$4.31||Market Cap||2.75B|
Genworth Financial Inc (GNW) Company Bio
Genworth Financial provides insurance, retirement, and homeownership solutions in the United States and internationally. It operates through U.S. Life Insurance, International Mortgage Insurance, U.S. Mortgage Insurance, International Protection, and Runoff segments. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GNW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNW Latest Social Stream
View Full GNW Social Stream
Latest GNW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNW as an investment opportunity.
RICHMOND, Va., January 06, 2023--Genworth Financial Schedules Earnings Conference Call for February 7
Genworth Financial has high income growth over the past 5 years and rising free cash flow. Click here to read our analysis of GNW stock.
Genworth Financial Inc. (NYSE:GNW) shares, rose in value on Friday, 12/09/22, with the stock price down by -1.20% to the previous day’s close as strong demand from buyers drove the stock to $4.96. Actively observing the price movement in the last trading, the stock closed the session at $5.02, falling within a range of $4.96 … Is Genworth Financial Inc. (NYSE: GNW) A Suitable Stock For New Investors Today? Read More »
In this piece, we will take a look at the 20 biggest life insurance companies in the U.S. For more companies, head on over to 5 Biggest Life Insurance Companies in the U.S. Even though one would suspect otherwise, insurance is one of the oldest industries in the world. Humans have been conducting trade since […]
ADMA Biologics, Borr Drilling, and Nordic American Tankers lead the momentum category by roughly doubling in the past year while the large-cap Russell 1000 fell 15% and the small-cap Russell 2000 lost almost a fifth of its value.
GNW Price Returns