Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNW POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GNW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GNW is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- GNW's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 18.58% of US stocks).
GNW Stock Summary
- GNW's current price/earnings ratio is 4.56, which is higher than only 4.59% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for GNW is currently 1.9, higher than just 6.54% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- GNW's price/sales ratio is 0.22; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 3.18% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Genworth Financial Inc are TWI, SP, SBOW, CNO, and SBCF.
- GNW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Genworth Financial Inc's official web site, go to www.genworth.com.
GNW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.88||52-week high||$4.76|
|Prev. close||$3.85||52-week low||$1.87|
|Day high||$3.92||Avg. volume||9,349,878|
|50-day MA||$3.66||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.54||Market Cap||1.97B|
Genworth Financial Inc (GNW) Company Bio
Genworth Financial provides insurance, retirement, and homeownership solutions in the United States and internationally. It operates through U.S. Life Insurance, International Mortgage Insurance, U.S. Mortgage Insurance, International Protection, and Runoff segments. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
GNW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GNW, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Genworth Financial Inc ranked in the 86th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GNW, they are:
- In the past 5.57 years, Genworth Financial Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.03%; that's higher than merely 21.16% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- 38% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 9.77% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Genworth Financial Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 2.5% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GNW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNW Latest Social Stream
View Full GNW Social Stream
Latest GNW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genworth Financial Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNW as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Genworth Financial Inc. shares declined after the company postponed a planned initial public offering for its Enact Holdings Inc. unit, citing volatility in the mortgage-insurance market.The IPO, which was expected to raise as much as $623 million, would have been this week’s largest U.S. initial offering. Genworth dropped as much as 5.2% in New York before rebounding to $3.86 at 1:08 p.m., a 0.3% increase.The decision to put the sale on hold follows last month’s collapse of a takeover agreement Genworth had reached with China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co. Taking the mortgage-insurance business public was initially floated as part of a plan to help pay near-term debt as progress on the merger dragged on for more than four years.“Genworth does ultimately need the cash,” Jef...
(Bloomberg) -- Companies out on the road meeting investors to pitch an initial public offering have hit a bump.At least two planned listings have been delayed due to market volatility. Hear.com, a hearing-aid service provider backed by private equity firm EQT AB, has postponed its listing, which was slated to price on Thursday, according to people with knowledge of the matter, who asked not to be identified discussing confidential information.Hear.com was planning to raise as much as $324 million, filings show. Representatives for Hear.com and EQT declined to comment.Genworth Financial Inc. announced Thursday that it’s postponing the IPO of its subsidiary Enact Holdings Inc., citing trading volatility in the mortgage insurance sector. Genworth had planned to raise $542 million, accordin...
Genworth Financial Inc. said Thursday it has decided to postpone the planned initial public offering of its mortgage insurer Enact Holdings Inc., citing trading volatility in that sector. "In light of the recent significant trading volatility in the mortgage insurance (MI) sector, Genworth's Board of Directors determined that current market pricing for the planned offering does not accurately reflect Enact's value," Genworth Chief Executive Tom McInerney said in a statement. "Therefore, we have decided to postpone the IPO and will continue to evaluate our options as market conditions develop." The company remains positive on its long-term outlook for the mortgage insurance sector given strong trends in the U.S. housing market, and expects further tailwinds as the economy recovers from t...
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) (Genworth) today announced that it has postponed the previously announced initial public offering (IPO) of its subsidiary, Enact Holdings, Inc. (Enact).
Private mortgage insurance company and cross-border e-commerce are just among the seven diverse IPOs scheduled this week, with these offerings slated to raise $1.6 billion. Private Mortgage The largest deal of the week, Enact Holdings (NASDAQ: ACT ), is a private mortgage insurance company being spun out of Genworth Financial, plans to raise $497 million at a $3.6 billion market cap. While holding 17% share of the market in 2020, the company saw 60% increase in new insurance written during the year, although COVID-19 also brought higher delinquencies and losses. Facilitation Of Cross-Border e-Commerce Despite not being a globally renown name, Global-E Online (NASDAQ: GLBE) became an indispensable associate for cross-border e-commerce around the globe. The company is successfully taking ...
GNW Price Returns