Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNW POWR Grades
- GNW scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 92.85% of US stocks.
- GNW's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- GNW ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
GNW Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.88, Genworth Financial Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 3.46% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Genworth Financial Inc is higher than only 5.33% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.19, Genworth Financial Inc has a higher such ratio than only 2.72% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Genworth Financial Inc are CNO, TWI, SBCF, HONE, and SWN.
- Visit GNW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genworth.com.
GNW Valuation Summary
- GNW's price/earnings ratio is 4.1; this is 66.12% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 209 months, GNW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 4.6.
- Over the past 209 months, GNW's price/earnings ratio has gone down 5.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GNW.
GNW Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.38%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -45.07%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -32.27%.
The table below shows GNW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GNW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.32||52-week high||$4.76|
|Prev. close||$3.30||52-week low||$1.95|
|Day high||$3.38||Avg. volume||7,266,599|
|50-day MA||$3.89||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.79||Market Cap||1.68B|
Genworth Financial Inc (GNW) Company Bio
Genworth Financial provides insurance, retirement, and homeownership solutions in the United States and internationally. It operates through U.S. Life Insurance, International Mortgage Insurance, U.S. Mortgage Insurance, International Protection, and Runoff segments. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
GNW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GNW, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Genworth Financial Inc ranked in the 71th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GNW, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 42% of its capital from equity, and 58% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 14.14% of US equities in the Financial Services sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.75 years comes in at -0.13%; that's greater than just 11.37% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Genworth Financial Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than only 1.13% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GNW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNW Latest Social Stream
View Full GNW Social Stream
Latest GNW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genworth Financial Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNW as an investment opportunity.
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) announced today that Genworth Holdings, Inc. ("Genworth Holdings"), its direct wholly-owned subsidiary, has completed the redemption of all $513 million aggregate principal amount of its outstanding 7.625% Senior Notes (the "Notes") due 2021. Cash used for the redemption was approximately $532 million, which included the aggregate principal amount of the Notes being redeemed, plus a make-whole premium and accrued and unpaid interest to, but excluding, the red
Traders - Genworth Financial Inc : Price Now Near $3.34; Daily Chart Shows Downtrend on 50 Day Basis
The Hourly View for GNW At the time of this writing, GNW ''s price is up $0.01 from the hour prior. GNW has seen its price go down 4 out of the past 5 hours , thus creating some
If you''re a trend trader, consider that the strongest clear trend on the daily chart exists on the 50 day timeframe. The post Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): Price Now Near $3.34; Daily Chart Shows Downtrend on 50 Day Basis appeared first on ETF Daily News .
Many prominent investors, including Warren Buffett, David Tepper and Stan Druckenmiller, have been cautious regarding the current bull market and missed out as the stock market reached another high in recent weeks. On the other hand, technology hedge funds weren’t timid and registered double digit market beating gains. Financials, energy and industrial stocks initially suffered […]
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) today announced it would issue its earnings release containing second quarter results after the market closes on August 3, 2021. A conference call will be held on August 4, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. (ET) to discuss the quarter's results.
GNW Price Returns