Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNW POWR Grades
- GNW scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 92.33% of US stocks.
- GNW's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- GNW's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 19.11% of US stocks).
GNW Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2.18, Genworth Financial Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 1.1% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- GNW's price/sales ratio is 0.25; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 3.98% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GNW comes in at 78.28% -- higher than that of 97.71% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Genworth Financial Inc are MOD, GOOS, WTM, KAR, and APOG.
- GNW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Genworth Financial Inc's official web site, go to www.genworth.com.
GNW Valuation Summary
- GNW's price/earnings ratio is 1.5; this is 86.36% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- GNW's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 6 over the prior 210 months.
- Over the past 210 months, GNW's price/earnings ratio has gone down 7.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GNW.
GNW Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -12.83%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 114.64%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.38%.
The table below shows GNW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GNW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GNW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.27% of graded US stocks.
- GNW's asset turnover comes in at 0.085 -- ranking 112th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MKL, CINF, and WTM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GNW.
The table below shows GNW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GNW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.98||52-week high||$4.61|
|Prev. close||$3.94||52-week low||$3.23|
|Day high||$4.04||Avg. volume||3,773,287|
|50-day MA||$3.83||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.95||Market Cap||2.03B|
Genworth Financial Inc (GNW) Company Bio
Genworth Financial provides insurance, retirement, and homeownership solutions in the United States and internationally. It operates through U.S. Life Insurance, International Mortgage Insurance, U.S. Mortgage Insurance, International Protection, and Runoff segments. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GNW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNW Latest Social Stream
View Full GNW Social Stream
Latest GNW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genworth Financial Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNW as an investment opportunity.
The industry is having trouble hiring and retaining aides because of a national labor shortage, according to a Genworth study.
Change in Long-Term Care Costs in Hawaii Mixed; Labor Market Shifts and Continued COVID-19 Pressure Affect Future Costs
RICHMOND, Va., February 16, 2022--Genworth releases 2021 Cost of Care Survey. See how Hawaii ranks in comparison to national trends.
Change in Long-Term Care Costs in Alaska Mixed; Labor Market Shifts and Continued COVID-19 Pressure Affect Future Costs
RICHMOND, Va., February 16, 2022--Genworth releases 2021 Cost of Care Survey. See how Alaska ranks in comparison to national trends.
Change in Long-Term Care Costs in Washington Mixed; Labor Market Shifts and Continued COVID-19 Pressure Affect Future Costs
RICHMOND, Va., February 16, 2022--Genworth releases 2021 Cost of Care Survey. See how Washington ranks in comparison to national trends.
Increase in Long-Term Care Costs in Oregon Mirror National Trends; Labor Market Shifts and Continued COVID-19 Pressure Affect Future Costs
RICHMOND, Va., February 16, 2022--Genworth releases 2021 Cost of Care Survey. See how Oregon ranks in comparison to national trends.
GNW Price Returns