Granite Construction Incorporated (GVA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GVA Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Granite Construction Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.73% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- GVA's price/sales ratio is 0.47; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 9.85% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Granite Construction Inc is reporting a growth rate of -192.28%; that's higher than only 10.08% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Granite Construction Inc are THG, CENT, SVT, TREC, and JAN.
- GVA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Granite Construction Inc's official web site, go to www.graniteconstruction.com.
GVA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GVA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.92||52-week high||$42.42|
|Prev. close||$38.97||52-week low||$16.51|
|Day high||$40.11||Avg. volume||390,322|
|50-day MA||$39.55||Dividend yield||1.3%|
|200-day MA||$30.05||Market Cap||1.83B|
Granite Construction Incorporated (GVA) Company Bio
Granite Construction operates as a heavy civil contractor and a construction materials producer in the United States. The company operates through Construction, Large Project Construction, and Construction Materials segments. The company was founded in 1922 and is based in Watsonville, California.
GVA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GVA, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Granite Construction Inc ranked in the 77th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GVA, they are:
- In the past 5.78 years, Granite Construction Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.35%; that's higher than 78.64% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- Granite Construction Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 12%; for context, that number is higher than 80.08% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Granite Construction Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -5.26. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 10.46% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GVA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GVA Latest Social Stream
View Full GVA Social Stream
Latest GVA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Granite Construction Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GVA as an investment opportunity.
Granite (NYSE:GVA) announced that it has been awarded a contract by the County of San Luis Obispo for the construction phase of the Runway 11-29 Rehabilitation Project at San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport in central California. Granite had previously received a contract for the construction manager at risk portion (CMAR) of the project in 2020 and provided preconstruction design assistance. The rehabilitation is the first CMAR contract for the County, a delivery method where the constructi
In this article, we will look at the top construction companies in the US in 2021. You can skip our detailed analysis of the construction industry’s outlook for 2021, and go directly to the Top 5 Construction Companies in USA in 2021. Like most industries, the construction and engineering sectors have taken a heavy hit […]
Granite's Nevada Region Earns AGC Pinnacle Award in Contractor's Excellence & Environmental Sustainability for Construction of Derby Dam Fish Screen
The Derby Dam Fish Screen project wins Granite AGC PINNACLE award.
Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) announced that Kyle Larkin, Granite’s president and chief executive officer, will participate in a virtual fireside chat hosted by Vertical Research Partners analyst Michael Dudas on June 16, 2021 at approximately 2:00 p.m. ET. This fireside chat will be available to Vertical Research Partners clients.
Granite Construction Joins Nearly 2,000 CEOs in Unprecedented Commitment to Advance Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Granite joins CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion.
GVA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GVAHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Granite Construction Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch