Granite Construction Incorporated (GVA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GVA POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GVA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.81% of US stocks.
- GVA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- GVA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 26.49% of US stocks).
GVA Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 264.77, GRANITE CONSTRUCTION INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 90.61% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that GVA's revenue has grown -27.52% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 6.87% of US companies in our set.
- GRANITE CONSTRUCTION INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 11.24%, greater than the shareholder yield of 85.69% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GRANITE CONSTRUCTION INC, a group of peers worth examining would be GTLS, DISH, SIG, PATK, and AAWW.
- GVA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GRANITE CONSTRUCTION INC's official web site, go to www.graniteconstruction.com.
GVA Valuation Summary
- GVA's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 70% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- GVA's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GVA.
GVA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -120.31%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 278.15%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -33.59%.
The table below shows GVA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GVA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GVA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.41% of graded US stocks.
- GVA's asset turnover comes in at 1.487 -- ranking 14th of 51 Construction stocks.
- ORN, WLMS, and AGX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GVA.
The table below shows GVA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GVA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GVA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.71||52-week high||$41.42|
|Prev. close||$34.52||52-week low||$25.35|
|Day high||$34.87||Avg. volume||368,828|
|50-day MA||$30.42||Dividend yield||1.51%|
|200-day MA||$30.81||Market Cap||1.52B|
Granite Construction Incorporated (GVA) Company Bio
Granite Construction operates as a heavy civil contractor and a construction materials producer in the United States. The company operates through Construction, Large Project Construction, and Construction Materials segments. The company was founded in 1922 and is based in Watsonville, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
GVA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GVA Latest Social Stream
View Full GVA Social Stream
Latest GVA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GRANITE CONSTRUCTION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GVA as an investment opportunity.
WATSONVILLE, Calif., November 22, 2022--Granite (NYSE:GVA) President and CEO Kyle Larkin has been selected for appointment to the Board of Directors of the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA). Larkin will be appointed to an at-large seat starting in 2023, with his first official meeting at the NAPA annual meeting in Miami, Florida in February.
WATSONVILLE, Calif., November 22, 2022--Granite (NYSE:GVA) Executive Vice President and COO Jim Radich has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA).
WATSONVILLE, Calif., November 21, 2022--Granite (NYSE:GVA) announced that its Alaska Region received the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Alaska’s 2022 ConocoPhillips Excellence in Safety Award. The ConocoPhillips Excellence in Safety Awards are presented to encourage and honor excellence in construction safety throughout Alaska. The awards recognize builders in five divisions; Granite won the Highway Division award.
WATSONVILLE, Calif., November 21, 2022--Granite (NYSE:GVA) announced today that it has been selected as the Construction Manager/General Contractor (CMGC) for the Albion River Bridge Replacement/Rehabilitation project. Located near Albion, California, the project will be delivered using the CM/GC method, which includes the contractor early in the design process to incorporate the contractor’s perspective in the planning process. This method provides more opportunities for innovation and efficien
An Intrinsic Calculation For Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE:GVA) Suggests It's 44% Undervalued
How far off is Granite Construction Incorporated ( NYSE:GVA ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial...
GVA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GVAHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Granite Construction Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch