Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company (HMHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HMHC POWR Grades
- HMHC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 97.44% of US stocks.
- HMHC's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- HMHC's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 10.49% of US stocks).
HMHC Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 13.53 for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co; that's greater than it is for 95.97% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HMHC is more volatile than 94.13% of stocks we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for HMHC comes in at 25.55% -- higher than that of 91.02% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co, a group of peers worth examining would be SFST, BHLB, CALB, ALTA, and FFWM.
- Visit HMHC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hmhco.com.
HMHC Valuation Summary
- HMHC's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 21.43% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 95 months, HMHC's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
- HMHC's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 95 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HMHC.
HMHC Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -22.46%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -427.72%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 0.17%.
The table below shows HMHC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HMHC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HMHC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.61% of graded US stocks.
- HMHC's asset turnover comes in at 0.523 -- ranking 11th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- TRI, JW.A, and NWSA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HMHC.
The table below shows HMHC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HMHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HMHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.78||52-week high||$14.44|
|Prev. close||$13.52||52-week low||$1.61|
|Day high||$14.12||Avg. volume||1,322,876|
|50-day MA||$12.98||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.79||Market Cap||1.76B|
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company (HMHC) Company Bio
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company provides education solutions for educational institutions and consumers worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Education and Trade Publishing. The company was established in 2013 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
HMHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HMHC Latest Social Stream
View Full HMHC Social Stream
Latest HMHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HMHC as an investment opportunity.
Learning technology company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) (Nasdaq: HMHC) today announced that Joe Abbott, the Company's Chief Financial Officer, will participate in the Goldman Sachs 30th Annual Communacopia Conference.
HMH Supports Educators Heading Back-to-School Nationwide with Major Platform Enhancements that Support Learning Recovery
Learning technology company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt today announced major enhancements to its connected teaching and learning platform, Ed® and to the HMH Growth Measure, its embedded, evidence-based assessment system. This next step in the evolution of HMH's platform and built-in assessment functionality will create even more seamless integration across district and school edtech ecosystems, underscoring HMH's commitment to supporting educators in COVID learning recovery and improving outcome
Learning technology company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) (Nasdaq: HMHC) today announced that Jack Lynch, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer and Joe Abbott, the Company's Chief Financial Officer, will participate in the BMO 2021 Technology Summit.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Announces Strong Second Quarter 2021 Results; Delivers Billings Growth of 25%; Raises Full Year Guidance
Learning technology company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt ("HMH" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: HMHC) announced financial results for the second quarter which ended June 30, 2021.
The Post-Pandemic Classroom: Confidence in Using Tech Rises, But Teachers are Concerned About the State of the Profession and Student Emotional Well-being
Teacher optimism has fallen to pre-pandemic levels, according to new research out today from learning technology company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH). In its 2021 Educator Confidence Report, an annual barometer, now in its seventh year, for how educators on the front lines in schools across the country are feeling about the state of teaching and learning, only 38 percent of educators reported a somewhat or very positive view of the state of their profession – down from 49 percent in 2020. Eve
HMHC Price Returns
Continue Researching HMHCHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co (HMHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co (HMHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co (HMHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch