Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company (HMHC): Price and Financial Metrics
HMHC Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co is higher than merely 16.59% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 78.87% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.55, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co has a higher such ratio than merely 18.23% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HMHC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HBP, SBH, TCS, LWAY, and HI.
- HMHC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co's official web site, go to www.hmhco.com.
HMHC Stock Price Chart More Charts
HMHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.39||52-week high||$9.31|
|Prev. close||$6.59||52-week low||$4.49|
|Day high||$6.64||Avg. volume||383,289|
|50-day MA||$6.09||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.84||Market Cap||794.48M|
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company (HMHC) Company Bio
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company provides education solutions for educational institutions and consumers worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Education and Trade Publishing. The company was established in 2013 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
HMHC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co ranked in the 21st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 76.83%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is -1.93 -- which is good for besting merely 15.52% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- 48% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 18.7% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|