Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company (HMHC): Price and Financial Metrics
HMHC Stock Summary
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.25% of US listed stocks.
- HMHC's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 95.34% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co's share price is greater than that of 91.4% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HMHC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GCI, MRC, MDP, MOD, and CNFR.
- Visit HMHC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hmhco.com.
HMHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HMHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.63||52-week high||$8.43|
|Prev. close||$7.96||52-week low||$1.03|
|Day high||$8.13||Avg. volume||1,812,184|
|50-day MA||$6.73||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.88||Market Cap||972.14M|
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company (HMHC) Company Bio
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company provides education solutions for educational institutions and consumers worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Education and Trade Publishing. The company was established in 2013 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
HMHC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for HMHC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co ranked in the 8th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 96%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co ended up being:
- 56% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 21.46% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -6.46. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 10.44% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co experienced a tax rate of about 3% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than only 18.82% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HMHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HMHC Latest Social Stream
View Full HMHC Social Stream
Latest HMHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HMHC as an investment opportunity.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) (NASDAQ: HMHC) today announced that it will release its first quarter 2021 financial and operating results on Thursday, May 6, 2021, before the market opens.
HMH's International Center for Leadership in Education and Jasper County School District Launch Partnership to Boost Student Performance, Foster Transformational Change
Jasper County School District (JCSD) has launched a partnership with the International Center for Leadership in Education (ICLE), a division of learning technology company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) dedicated to working side by side with educators to implement meaningful practices and support all learners and teachers. Together, ICLE and JCSD will develop and implement a new initiative to foster rigorous and relevant learning environments districtwide.
News Corporation -- Moody's assigns Ba1 CFR to News Corporation and Ba2 to new $750 million notes, outlook is stable
Rating Action: Moody's assigns Ba1 CFR to News Corporation and Ba2 to new $750 million notes, outlook is stableGlobal Credit Research - 07 Apr 2021New York, April 07, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") assigned to News Corporation ("News Corp or the Company") a Ba1 Corporate Family Rating (CFR), Ba1-PD Probability of Default Rating (PDR), SGL-1 Speculative Grade Liquidity Rating and Ba2 to the Company's new $750 million senior unsecured notes (the Notes). The outlook is stable.News Corp is issuing $750 million of senior unsecured notes maturing 2029.
HMH Expands Access to Intervention Solutions to Support School Districts and Educators Nationwide in COVID-19 Learning Recovery Efforts
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in interrupted schooling for millions of students, and learning technology company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which reaches more than 90% of the country's K-12 classrooms, is responding with new flexible models and implementation structures designed to accelerate recovery in reading and math.
Background Houghton Mifflin Harcourt or HMH (HMHC) is a leader in learning media and technology for Elementary and Secondary School (K-12). Prior to the recent sale of its media business, the company was organized along two business divisions: Education and HMH Books & Media. The Education Business consists of two...
HMHC Price Returns
Continue Researching HMHCHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co (HMHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co (HMHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co (HMHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!