Hallador Energy Company (HNRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HNRG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HNRG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 74.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HNRG is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- HNRG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
HNRG Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of HALLADOR ENERGY CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 12.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, HALLADOR ENERGY CO is reporting a growth rate of -222.89%; that's higher than only 7.1% of US stocks.
- The volatility of HALLADOR ENERGY CO's share price is greater than that of 76.89% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HALLADOR ENERGY CO, a group of peers worth examining would be TUSK, CENX, ARLP, ZNH, and MESA.
- Visit HNRG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.halladorenergy.com.
HNRG Valuation Summary
- HNRG's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 52.63% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HNRG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 646.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HNRG.
HNRG Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -663.66%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -44.76%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 103.11%.
The table below shows HNRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HNRG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HNRG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.97% of graded US stocks.
- HNRG's asset turnover comes in at 0.603 -- ranking 6th of 9 Coal stocks.
- HCC, ARLP, and NRP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HNRG.
The table below shows HNRG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HNRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HNRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.12||52-week high||$10.99|
|Prev. close||$10.20||52-week low||$2.06|
|Day high||$10.28||Avg. volume||362,370|
|50-day MA||$7.38||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.76||Market Cap||333.79M|
Hallador Energy Company (HNRG) Company Bio
Hallador Energy Company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the mining, production, and sale of steam coal for the electric power generation industry in the United States.
Most Popular Stories View All
HNRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HNRG Latest Social Stream
View Full HNRG Social Stream
Latest HNRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HALLADOR ENERGY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HNRG as an investment opportunity.
Hallador Energy ( NASDAQ:HNRG ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$85.1m (up 6.6% from 3Q...
Hallador Energy Company Reports Third Quarter 2022 Financial and Operating Results, Pays Down 34% of Outstanding Bank Debt
TERRE HAUTE, Ind., Nov. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hallador Energy Company (NASDAQ – HNRG) today reported a net income of $1.6 million, $.05 per share, adjusted EBITDA of $18.4 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2022. Brent Bilsland, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Q3 was a transitional quarter for Hallador. We signed materially higher priced contracts and expanded our production capacity to take advantage of higher market prices. Subsequent to Q3, in October, we compl
TERRE HAUTE, Ind., Nov. 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (Nasdaq: HNRG) – Hallador Energy Company today announced that the Company plans to release its third quarter 2022 financial results on Form 10-Q after the markets close on Monday, November 14, 2022. Earnings Conference Call and Webcast Management will host an investor conference call and webcast on Tuesday, November 15, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. ET to discuss its third quarter 2022 financial results. The call will be webcast live on our website at ww
In early 2022, I was looking closely at the coal sector, specifically for the purpose of seeing whether or not there was a company that was trading at a low price, knowing that if I found it, it would be able to leverage the price of coal nicely for solid gains.
I found it in Hallador Energy Company (HNRG), which at the time was trading a little above the $2.00 per share mark, eventually jumping to a 52-week high of $7.95 before pulling back to about $7.50 as I write.
In this article, I want to primarily talk about the outlook given by management concerning the next year, and what to consider if thinking about taking a position in the ...
Hallador Energy Company, Hoosier Energy finalize ownership transfer of Merom Generating Station, multiyear PPA
TERRE HAUTE & BLOOMINGTON, Ind., Oct. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hallador Energy Company (NASDAQ – HNRG), through its new subsidiary Hallador Power Company, LLC, has finalized its acquisition of Hoosier Energy’s 1-Gigawatt Merom Generating Station, located in Sullivan County, Indiana, in return for assuming certain decommissioning costs and environmental responsibilities. The transaction includes a 3.5-year power purchase agreement (PPA). Hoosier will purchase 100% of the plant’s energy and ca
HNRG Price Returns