Hallador Energy Company (HNRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HNRG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HNRG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.27% of US stocks.
- HNRG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- HNRG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 20.78% of US stocks).
HNRG Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Hallador Energy Co is higher than just 5.86% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- HNRG's price/sales ratio is 0.28; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 4.67% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for HNRG comes in at 33.74% -- higher than that of 93.08% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hallador Energy Co, a group of peers worth examining would be INSW, SM, DSSI, LNDC, and ARLP.
- Visit HNRG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.halladorenergy.com.
HNRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HNRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.08||52-week high||$2.46|
|Prev. close||$2.13||52-week low||$0.60|
|Day high||$2.21||Avg. volume||356,429|
|50-day MA||$2.03||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.31||Market Cap||63.68M|
Hallador Energy Company (HNRG) Company Bio
Hallador Energy Company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the mining, production, and sale of steam coal for the electric power generation industry in the United States.
HNRG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for HNRG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Hallador Energy Co ranked in the 24th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 74.67%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Hallador Energy Co ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 0.33; that's higher than only 20.36% of US stocks in the Basic Materials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.74 years, is -0.18% -- higher than merely 9.71% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- 35% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 8.05% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HNRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HNRG Latest Social Stream
View Full HNRG Social Stream
Latest HNRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hallador Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HNRG as an investment opportunity.
If you're looking at a mature business that's past the growth phase, what are some of the underlying trends that pop...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 4, 2021 / Hallador Energy Co. (NASDAQ:HNRG) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 4, 2021 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time.
TERRE HAUTE, Ind., May 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hallador Energy Company (NASDAQ – HNRG) today reported net loss of $1.0 million, ($.03) per share, adjusted EBITDA of $11.4 million. Brent Bilsland, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We are pleased that our cost structure was dramatically lower in the 1st quarter of 2021. This increased productivity has yet to be turned into cash as shipments were interrupted due to the coldest February in 30 years. Though the cold weather has delayed our cash flow, it has led to continued improvements in market conditions which allowed us to increase our sales by 400,000 tons for the year." ●Q1 2021 production costs were $28.88/ton, significantly lower than Q4 2020 costs of $33.87 and Q1 2020 costs of $31.67. ○Oaktown costs were $27.21 f...
TERRE HAUTE, Ind., April 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (Nasdaq: HNRG) – Hallador Energy Company today announced that the Company plans to release its first quarter 2021 financial results on Form 10-Q after the markets close on Monday, May 3, 2021. Earnings Conference Call and Webcast Management will host an investor conference call and webcast on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. ET to discuss its first quarter 2021 financial results. The call will be webcast live on our website at www.halladorenergy.com under Webcasts and available for a limited time. To participate in the conference call, please dial: Domestic Callers Toll-free (888) 347-5317 Canadian Callers Toll-free (855) 669-9657 Conference ID #: Hallador Energy Company HNRG call Conference replay through May 11, 2021 Domestic Cal...
Shares of Hallador Energy (NASDAQ:HNRG) increased by 57.41% in the past three months. Before we understand the importance of debt, let us look at how much debt Hallador Energy has. Hallador Energy's Debt According to the Hallador Energy's most recent financial statement as reported on November 2, 2020, total debt is at $150.20 million, with $113.72 million in long-term debt and $36.47 million in current debt. Adjusting for $5.30 million in cash-equivalents, the company has a net debt of $144.89 million. Let's define some of the terms we used in the paragraph above. Current debt is the portion of a company's debt which is due within 1 year, while long-term debt is the portion due in more than 1 year. Cash equivalents include cash and any liquid securities with maturity periods of 90 days...
HNRG Price Returns