Hallador Energy Company (HNRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HNRG POWR Grades
- HNRG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.27% of US stocks.
- HNRG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- HNRG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 17.33% of US stocks).
HNRG Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for HNRG is currently 2.35, higher than just 7.77% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- HNRG's price/sales ratio is 0.4; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 6.95% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HNRG is more volatile than 91.49% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Hallador Energy Co are INSW, LAUR, MUX, SM, and CPG.
- Visit HNRG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.halladorenergy.com.
HNRG Valuation Summary
- HNRG's price/earnings ratio is -27.8; this is 221.4% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HNRG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 55.5.
- HNRG's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HNRG.
HNRG Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -6.7%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -39.66%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 10.5%.
The table below shows HNRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HNRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HNRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.01||52-week high||$3.48|
|Prev. close||$3.11||52-week low||$0.61|
|Day high||$3.22||Avg. volume||378,861|
|50-day MA||$2.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.80||Market Cap||92.15M|
Hallador Energy Company (HNRG) Company Bio
Hallador Energy Company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the mining, production, and sale of steam coal for the electric power generation industry in the United States.
HNRG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Hallador Energy Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Hallador Energy Co ranked in the 24th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 72.17%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Hallador Energy Co ended up being:
- In the past 5.74 years, Hallador Energy Co has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.18%; that's better than only 7.45% of cash flow producing equities in the Basic Materials sector, where it is classified.
- Hallador Energy Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HNRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HNRG Latest Social Stream
View Full HNRG Social Stream
Latest HNRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hallador Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HNRG as an investment opportunity.
Every investor in Hallador Energy Company ( NASDAQ:HNRG ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups...
Out of thousands of stocks that are currently traded on the market, it is difficult to identify those that will really generate strong returns. Hedge funds and institutional investors spend millions of dollars on analysts with MBAs and PhDs, who are industry experts and well connected to other industry and media insiders on top of that. Individual investors can piggyback […]
TERRE HAUTE, Ind., June 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hallador Energy Company (NASDAQ – HNRG) announced today it will join with Hoosier Energy Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. to develop up to 1000 megawatts (MW) of renewable power. The new generation will be located near the Merom Coal Generation Station in Sullivan, IN which Hoosier Energy expects to retire in May 2023. The plan calls for Hallador to develop approximately 200MW of energy from solar and battery storage through power purchase agreements with Hoosier Energy in 2025. Hallador will seek other customers to develop the remaining generation capacity at the Merom interconnection site. "We are excited for the opportunity to work with Hallador Energy and open a path for them to develop renewable energy near the Merom Station,” sa...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 4, 2021 / Hallador Energy Co. (NASDAQ:HNRG) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 4, 2021 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time.
TERRE HAUTE, Ind., May 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hallador Energy Company (NASDAQ – HNRG) today reported net loss of $1.0 million, ($.03) per share, adjusted EBITDA of $11.4 million. Brent Bilsland, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We are pleased that our cost structure was dramatically lower in the 1st quarter of 2021. This increased productivity has yet to be turned into cash as shipments were interrupted due to the coldest February in 30 years. Though the cold weather has delayed our cash flow, it has led to continued improvements in market conditions which allowed us to increase our sales by 400,000 tons for the year." ●Q1 2021 production costs were $28.88/ton, significantly lower than Q4 2020 costs of $33.87 and Q1 2020 costs of $31.67. ○Oaktown costs were $27.21 f...
HNRG Price Returns