Independence Holding Company (IHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IHC POWR Grades
- IHC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 81.76% of US stocks.
- IHC's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- IHC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
IHC Stock Summary
- IHC's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1.11 -- higher than merely 5.83% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- For IHC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 0.43% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Independence Holding Co is reporting a growth rate of 716.44%; that's higher than 96.82% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to IHC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EIG, FHI, EBF, EVI, and TAYD.
- IHC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Independence Holding Co's official web site, go to www.ihcgroup.com.
IHC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, IHC's price/earnings ratio is 43.64% lower, now standing at 6.2.
- Over the past 243 months, IHC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 0.4.
- IHC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IHC.
IHC Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -84.18%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 65.73%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.04%.
The table below shows IHC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IHC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IHC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.02% of graded US stocks.
- IHC's asset turnover comes in at 0.361 -- ranking 43rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- CIA, AXS, and JRVR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IHC.
The table below shows IHC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.01||52-week high||$57.43|
|Prev. close||$57.00||52-week low||$36.99|
|Day high||$57.05||Avg. volume||23,210|
|50-day MA||$56.77||Dividend yield||0.21%|
|200-day MA||$49.86||Market Cap||841.47M|
Independence Holding Company (IHC) Company Bio
Independence Holding Company, through its subsidiaries, engages in life and health insurance business primarily in the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
IHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IHC Latest Social Stream
View Full IHC Social Stream
Latest IHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Independence Holding Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IHC as an investment opportunity.
Independence Holding Company Declares Dividends in Connection With Potential Going-Private Transaction
STAMFORD, Conn., Feb. 04, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Independence Holding Company (NYSE: IHC) (the “Company” or “IHC”) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a prorated dividend on the Company’s shares of common stock, contingent upon the consummation of the merger of Geneve Acquisition Corp., an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Geneve Holdings, Inc. (“Geneve”), with and into the Company, resulting in the Company being an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Geneve (the “Merger
How do you pick the next stock to invest in? One way would be to spend days of research browsing through thousands of publicly traded companies. However, an easier way is to look at the stocks that smart money investors are collectively bullish on. Hedge funds and other institutional investors usually invest large amounts of […]
STAMFORD, Conn., Jan. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Independence Holding Company (NYSE: IHC) today announced the completion of the sale of its subsidiary Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York (“Standard Security Life”) to Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company (“Reliance Standard”). All conditions to the consummation of the sale were satisfied and the transaction closed effective January 1, 2022. Roy T. K. Thung, Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are very pleased to find a
STAMFORD, Conn., Jan. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Independence Holding Company (NYSE: IHC) today announced the completion of the sale of its subsidiary Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc. (“Madison National Life”) to Horace Mann Educators Corporation (“Horace Mann”). All conditions to the consummation of the sale were satisfied and the transaction closed effective January 1, 2022. Roy T. K. Thung, Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are very pleased that the transaction closed on
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Kaskela Law LLC Announces Investigation of Independence Holding Co. (IHC) and Encourages IHC Shareholders to Contact the Firm
PHILADELPHIA, PA / ACCESSWIRE / December 29, 2021 / Kaskela Law LLC announces that it is investigating Independence Holding Company (NYSE:IHC) ("IHC") on behalf of the company's current shareholders.On November 9, 2021, IHC announced that it had agreed be acquired by Geneve Holdings, Inc.
IHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IHCWant to do more research on Independence Holding Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Independence Holding Co (IHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Independence Holding Co (IHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Independence Holding Co (IHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch