Independence Holding Company (IHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IHC POWR Grades
- IHC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 84.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IHC is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- IHC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0.86% of US stocks).
IHC Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1.11, Independence Holding Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 5.12% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Independence Holding Co is higher than it is for about just 0.37% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Independence Holding Co is reporting a growth rate of 716.44%; that's higher than 96.98% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Independence Holding Co, a group of peers worth examining would be BV, JHG, CR, EVI, and HI.
- Visit IHC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ihcgroup.com.
IHC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, IHC's price/earnings ratio is 43.64% lower, now standing at 6.2.
- Over the past 243 months, IHC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 0.4.
- IHC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IHC.
IHC Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 154.49%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 64.39%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 123.89%.
The table below shows IHC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IHC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IHC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.02% of graded US stocks.
- IHC's asset turnover comes in at 0.361 -- ranking 43rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- CIA, AXS, and JRVR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IHC.
The table below shows IHC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$56.70||52-week high||$57.43|
|Prev. close||$56.65||52-week low||$36.99|
|Day high||$56.71||Avg. volume||13,335|
|50-day MA||$51.01||Dividend yield||0.78%|
|200-day MA||$45.67||Market Cap||832.07M|
Independence Holding Company (IHC) Company Bio
Independence Holding Company, through its subsidiaries, engages in life and health insurance business primarily in the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
IHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IHC Latest Social Stream
View Full IHC Social Stream
Latest IHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Independence Holding Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IHC as an investment opportunity.
IHC ALERT - Nationally Ranked Shareholder Rights Firm Labaton Sucharow is Investigating Independence Holding Company (NYSE:IHC) for Potential Securities Violations and Breach of Fiduciary Duty
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / November 16, 2021 / Labaton Sucharow, a nationally ranked and award-winning shareholder rights firm, is investigating potential securities violations and breach of fiduciary duty claims against Independence Holding Company (NYSE:IHC).If you currently own stock or options in Independence Holding Company and want to receive additional information and protect your investments free of charge, please contact David J.
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates CSPR, CONE, IHC, GFED; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:
Shares of Independence Holding (NYSE:IHC) saw unusually-high trading volume on Monday . Approximately 1,133 shares changed hands during mid-day trading, a decline of 91% from the previous sessions volume of 12,450 shares.The stock last traded at $56.59 and had previously closed at $56.64. The stock has a market capitalization of $830.46 million, a price-to-earnings ratio 
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / November 15, 2021 /ADTRAN, Inc. (NasdaqGS:ADTN)Lifshitz Law Firm, P.
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates NPTN, IHC, GFED, MNTV; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies: NeoPhotonics Corporation (NYSE: NPTN) concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to Lumentum Holdings Inc. for $16.00 per share in cash. If you are a NeoPhotonics shareholder, click here to learn more about your rights and options. Independence Holding Company (NYSE: IHC
IHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IHCWant to do more research on Independence Holding Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Independence Holding Co (IHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Independence Holding Co (IHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Independence Holding Co (IHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch