Imax Corporation (IMAX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IMAX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where IMAX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.41% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IMAX is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- IMAX's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 15.06% of US stocks).
IMAX Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for IMAX is currently 54.9, higher than 92.81% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -84.03%, IMAX CORP's debt growth rate surpasses only 1.85% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, IMAX has reported earnings growth of -227.93%, putting it ahead of only 7.05% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to IMAX CORP are HUSA, EVOK, EVGO, INDO, and BLNK.
- IMAX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit IMAX CORP's official web site, go to www.imax.com.
IMAX Valuation Summary
- IMAX's price/earnings ratio is -39.1; this is 407.87% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, IMAX's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IMAX.
IMAX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 133.14%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -21.18%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -64.17%.
The table below shows IMAX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IMAX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IMAX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.95% of graded US stocks.
- IMAX's asset turnover comes in at 0.219 -- ranking 49th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- BSET, FOXF, and HOG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IMAX.
The table below shows IMAX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IMAX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IMAX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.99||52-week high||$20.50|
|Prev. close||$17.62||52-week low||$12.13|
|Day high||$18.67||Avg. volume||576,123|
|50-day MA||$17.25||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$15.87||Market Cap||970.92M|
Imax Corporation (IMAX) Company Bio
IMAX Corporation operates as an entertainment technology company specializing in motion picture technologies and presentations worldwide. The company operates in seven segments: IMAX Systems, Theater System Maintenance, Joint Revenue Sharing Arrangements, Film Production and IMAX Digital Re-Mastering, Film Distribution, Film Post-Production, and Other. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Mississauga, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
IMAX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IMAX Latest Social Stream
View Full IMAX Social Stream
Latest IMAX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about IMAX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IMAX as an investment opportunity.
EntTelligence Announces New Partnership with IMAX® for Advanced Moviegoer Insights and Measurement Analysis
EntTelligence today announced a new agreement that gives IMAX Corporation® (NYSE: IMAX) access to robust theatrical impression-based analytics. Under the agreement, IMAX will gain access to EntTelligence's pioneering platform, which provides detailed analysis from over 3,000 theaters. The specialized technology offers precise capacity and attendance measurement at the seat level within theater complexes.
IMAX CEO on new board members: We made 'a concerted effort' to find diverse candidates
IMAX CEO Richard Gelfond says adding two women to the company's board is about expertise as well as diversity.
Theater price hikes ‘could force some people to sit on their couch instead', analyst says
Macquarie Group Senior Analyst Chad Beynon joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the expectations for Sunday’s nights Oscars, the box office’s struggles to reach pre-pandemic levels, top theater picks for 2023, and the outlook for the film industry.
IMAX CEO on variable seat pricing at theaters: 'I don't generally like it'
IMAX CEO Richard Gelfond doesn't think profits from variable ticket pricing at the movies outweigh the headache.
Women in power: the push for corporate board diversity
IMAX (IMAX) made news after announcing it added two women to its board of directors. So far, in the first two months of 2023, 34 women have been added to the boards of S&P 500 companies. Overall, the number of women sitting on corporate boards in the U.S. is growing, but it's happening at a slower rate, especially compared to other countries. Yahoo Finance's Seana Smith and Dave Briggs dive deeper into this topic with Jennifer Siebel Newsom, First Partner of California and Co-Founder of the California Partner's Project. Key Video Moments 00:00:10 'Women account for 30% of Board seats' 00:00:25 On growth losing momentum 00:00:35 On U.S. Board diversity compared to other countries 00:01:06 On the biggest issues in the U.S.
IMAX Price Returns
Continue Researching IMAXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Imax Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Imax Corp (IMAX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Imax Corp (IMAX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Imax Corp (IMAX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...