Imax Corporation (IMAX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IMAX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where IMAX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IMAX is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- IMAX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 8.28% of US stocks).
IMAX Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for IMAX CORP is higher than 90.55% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, IMAX has reported earnings growth of -122.07%, putting it ahead of just 12.87% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that IMAX's revenue has grown 63.52% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 85.24% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to IMAX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are INDO, SNCE, SKLZ, ATER, and EVOK.
- Visit IMAX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.imax.com.
IMAX Valuation Summary
- IMAX's price/sales ratio is 2.6; this is 62.5% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, IMAX's price/earnings ratio has gone down 52.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IMAX.
IMAX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 61.52%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -96.21%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -29.61%.
The table below shows IMAX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IMAX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IMAX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.95% of graded US stocks.
- IMAX's asset turnover comes in at 0.219 -- ranking 49th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- BSET, FOXF, and HOG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IMAX.
The table below shows IMAX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IMAX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IMAX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.24||52-week high||$22.10|
|Prev. close||$14.48||52-week low||$13.44|
|Day high||$15.26||Avg. volume||567,557|
|50-day MA||$15.74||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.03||Market Cap||854.89M|
Imax Corporation (IMAX) Company Bio
IMAX Corporation operates as an entertainment technology company specializing in motion picture technologies and presentations worldwide. The company operates in seven segments: IMAX Systems, Theater System Maintenance, Joint Revenue Sharing Arrangements, Film Production and IMAX Digital Re-Mastering, Film Distribution, Film Post-Production, and Other. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Mississauga, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
IMAX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IMAX Latest Social Stream
View Full IMAX Social Stream
Latest IMAX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about IMAX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IMAX as an investment opportunity.
Yahoo Finance entertainment reporter Allie Canal details the box office performances for films 'Don't Worry Darling', 'Avatar', and 'The Woman King' and what the box office projections are for Q4.
Rosenblatt analyst Steve Frankel reiterated a Buy and $25 price target on IMAX Corp (NYSE: IMAX). The analyst reaffirmed his bullish view citing high-profile releases due in Q4 and across 2023. Don't Worry Darling led the domestic box office with a solid debut of $19.2 million. However, the real story was the return of Avatar, which generated $10 million in North America and another $20.5 million from international markets to bring its global gross to $2.879 billion, boding well for the release
IMAX announces the acquisition of SSIMWAVE Inc., a leader in AI-driven video quality solutions for media and entertainment companies.
Rosenblatt Securities analyst Steve Frankel maintained a Buy rating on IMAX (IMAX - Research Report) today and set a price target of $25.00. The company's shares closed today at $13.77.Frankel covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Avid Technology, Dolby Laboratories, and Harmonic. According to TipRanks, Frankel has an average return of -7.5% and a 36.30% success rate on recommended stocks. Currently, the analyst consensus on IMAX is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $22.00.See today’s best-performing stocks on TipRanks >>The company has a one-year high of $22.10 and a one-year low of $14.00. Currently, IMAX has an average volume of 485.3K.
IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) today announced it has acquired SSIMWAVE Inc., a leader in AI-driven video quality solutions for media and entertainment companies. The move marks a significant expansion of IMAX's strategy to deliver the highest quality video images on any screen — to drive new, recurring revenue and grow its global leadership in entertainment technology.
IMAX Price Returns