Imax Corporation (IMAX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IMAX POWR Grades
- IMAX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 91.56% of US stocks.
- IMAX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- IMAX ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
IMAX Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Imax Corp is higher than 97.56% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -26.03%, Imax Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 15.76% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Imax Corp comes in at 86.04%, a number that bests 90.39% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Imax Corp are CRTD, HIMS, GRIL, ATER, and WMS.
- Visit IMAX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.imax.com.
IMAX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, IMAX's price/sales ratio is 264.29% higher, now standing at 5.1.
- IMAX's price/sales ratio has moved up 4.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, IMAX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 14.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IMAX.
IMAX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 17.48%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -25.13%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -199.81%.
The table below shows IMAX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IMAX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IMAX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.95% of graded US stocks.
- IMAX's asset turnover comes in at 0.219 -- ranking 49th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- BSET, FOXF, and HOG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IMAX.
The table below shows IMAX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IMAX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IMAX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.66||52-week high||$23.57|
|Prev. close||$16.01||52-week low||$13.60|
|Day high||$16.29||Avg. volume||627,015|
|50-day MA||$17.14||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.88||Market Cap||916.45M|
Imax Corporation (IMAX) Company Bio
IMAX Corporation operates as an entertainment technology company specializing in motion picture technologies and presentations worldwide. The company operates in seven segments: IMAX Systems, Theater System Maintenance, Joint Revenue Sharing Arrangements, Film Production and IMAX Digital Re-Mastering, Film Distribution, Film Post-Production, and Other. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Mississauga, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
IMAX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IMAX Latest Social Stream
View Full IMAX Social Stream
Latest IMAX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Imax Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IMAX as an investment opportunity.
IMAX Corporation (IMAX) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 23, 2022 5:00 PM ET Company Participants Brett Harriss – Head-Investor Relations Rich Gelfond – Chief Executive Officer Joe Sparacio – Interim Chief Financial Officer Megan Colligan – President-IMAX Entertainment Conference Call Participants Eric Handler – MKM Partners Steven Cahall –...
IMAX's fourth-quarter 2021 results reflect growth in revenues and global box office driven by the initial return of Hollywood blockbuster releases and rebound in the domestic box office.
Good afternoon everyone and thank you for joining us on today's fourth quarter and full-year earnings conference call. On the call today to review the financial results are Rich Gelfond, chief executive officer; and Joe Sparacio, our interim chief financial officer. Megan Colligan, president, IMAX Entertainment; and Rob Lister, chief legal officer, are also joining us today.
Imax (IMAX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 138.46% and 24.56%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full-year 2021 demonstrating its superiority at the global box office and the increasing diversification of its business — across platforms and around the world.
IMAX Price Returns