Imax Corporation (IMAX): Price and Financial Metrics
IMAX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.35||52-week high||$21.82|
|Prev. close||$19.13||52-week low||$12.13|
|Day high||$19.45||Avg. volume||552,284|
|50-day MA||$18.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.94||Market Cap||1.06B|
IMAX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IMAX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where IMAX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.61% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IMAX is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- IMAX's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 23.5% of US stocks).
IMAX Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 271.32, IMAX CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 89.45% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 233.16, IMAX CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.56% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, IMAX CORP is reporting a growth rate of 85.93%; that's higher than 86.7% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to IMAX CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be MLSS, AMEH, ZOM, EXLS, and SIBN.
- IMAX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit IMAX CORP's official web site, go to www.imax.com.
IMAX Valuation Summary
- IMAX's price/sales ratio is 3; this is 114.29% higher than that of the median Communication Services stock.
- IMAX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 28.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IMAX.
IMAX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 133.14%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -21.18%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -64.17%.
The table below shows IMAX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IMAX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IMAX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.95% of graded US stocks.
- IMAX's asset turnover comes in at 0.219 -- ranking 49th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- BSET, FOXF, and HOG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IMAX.
The table below shows IMAX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Imax Corporation (IMAX) Company Bio
IMAX Corporation operates as an entertainment technology company specializing in motion picture technologies and presentations worldwide. The company operates in seven segments: IMAX Systems, Theater System Maintenance, Joint Revenue Sharing Arrangements, Film Production and IMAX Digital Re-Mastering, Film Distribution, Film Post-Production, and Other. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Mississauga, Canada.
IMAX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IMAX Latest Social Stream
View Full IMAX Social Stream
Latest IMAX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about IMAX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IMAX as an investment opportunity.
The labor strikes that have crippled Hollywood for the last five months may finally be coming to an end. A [tentative deal](https://www.wsj.com/business/media/hollywood-writers-reach-agreement-with-studios-streamers-to-end-strike-57fb5dd?mod=hp_lead_pos5) between the Writers Guild of America and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers was announced Sunday night. The deal is still being finalized and will need to be ratified by union members, and a separate deal still needs to be reached with the Screen Actors Guild before [production on most TV shows and movies](https://www.wsj.com/articles/streaming-brought-hollywood-to-a-standstill-now-comes-the-pain-3afcbb68) can resume.
With reference to the announcement made by Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc. (Letko) on September 22, 2023 stating its intention to vote against the take private transaction, IMAX Corporation reiterates its belief that the transaction is in the best interests of IMAX China shareholders and represents a compelling offer. While IMAX China's first half results are encouraging reflecting both theatre re-openings and increased box office market share, IMAX China's share price continued to exhibit wea
IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) made an award-winning debut at the 2023 International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam this week. The Company nabbed two Best of Show Awards for its Stream Smart™ product from leading industry publications – TVB Europe and TV Technology – bringing to life its vision of extending the IMAX focus on quality to wherever fans stream content.
Discovering the true worth of Imax Corp (IMAX) and its potential for higher future returns
Lions Gate (LGF.A) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock doesn't suggest further strength down the road.
IMAX Price Returns