Intrepid Potash, Inc (IPI): Price and Financial Metrics
IPI Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -21.29%, Intrepid Potash Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 15.6% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, IPI has reported earnings growth of -186.64%, putting it ahead of only 10.42% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Intrepid Potash Inc's share price is greater than that of 97.07% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Intrepid Potash Inc are SND, HURN, WHG, HMTV, and EXLS.
- Visit IPI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.intrepidpotash.com.
IPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.69||52-week high||$35.61|
|Prev. close||$31.17||52-week low||$6.00|
|Day high||$33.12||Avg. volume||247,226|
|50-day MA||$24.94||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.20||Market Cap||394.70M|
Intrepid Potash, Inc (IPI) Company Bio
Intrepid Potash is the main U.S. producer of potash and supplies, used for crop development, industrial applications and as an ingredient in animal feed. The company is based in Denver, Colorado.
IPI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Intrepid Potash Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Intrepid Potash Inc ranked in the 9th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Intrepid Potash Inc ended up being:
- In the past 5.52 years, Intrepid Potash Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.28%; that's higher than just 6.44% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Intrepid Potash Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -4.24. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 13.18% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
IPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IPI Latest Social Stream
View Full IPI Social Stream
Latest IPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Intrepid Potash Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IPI as an investment opportunity.
Every investor in Intrepid Potash, Inc. ( NYSE:IPI ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. Insiders...
Denver, CO, Feb. 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intrepid Potash Inc. (NYSE:IPI) (“Intrepid”) today announced the following increase to its potash price at all locations. Effective February 8, 2021, Intrepid increased its agricultural pricing for potash by $50 per ton at all locations and on all new orders. Potash price is now posted at $140 per ton above the 2020 summer-fill value. Orders taken at the previous price level are expected to be delivered by the end of April. “Intrepid continues to benefit from great early season demand for fertilizer as increasing commodity prices, tightening inventory levels, and strong farm economics are quickly leading to the best spring season in years.” said Bob Jornayvaz, Intrepid's Executive Chairman, President, and CEO. “After two years of lackluster ...
Shares of Intrepid Potash jumped 36.1% on Thursday after the fertilizer manufacturer reported a significant rise in prices for potash and its Trio specialty fertilizer in the agricultural markets. Intrepid (IPI) said that after a $20 per ton increase in December, the Trio price rose by $60 per ton in agricultural markets, up 27% above the 2020 summer pricing. Meanwhile, potash prices increased by $90 per ton in agricultural markets, reflecting 31% growth from 2020 summer pricing. The $90 per ton increase includes a $40 per ton growth in December.
This article will reflect on the compensation paid to Bob Jornayvaz who has served as CEO of Intrepid Potash, Inc...
DENVER, CO, Nov. 02, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intrepid Potash, Inc. (Intrepid) (NYSE:IPI) today reported its results for the third quarter of 2020. Key…
IPI Price Returns
Continue Researching IPIHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Intrepid Potash Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!