Johnson Controls International plc Ordinary Share (JCI): Price and Financial Metrics
JCI Stock Summary
- JCI has a higher market value than 94.11% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $40,047,122,644.
- Johnson Controls International plc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Johnson Controls International plc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 5.58%, greater than the shareholder yield of 76.86% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to JCI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CRH, BF.B, HUM, DG, and TRI.
- Visit JCI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.johnsoncontrols.com.
JCI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JCI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.60||52-week high||$56.83|
|Prev. close||$56.10||52-week low||$22.77|
|Day high||$56.60||Avg. volume||4,608,403|
|50-day MA||$50.42||Dividend yield||1.87%|
|200-day MA||$42.06||Market Cap||40.01B|
Johnson Controls International plc Ordinary Share (JCI) Company Bio
Johnson Controls operates as a diversified technology and industrial company worldwide. Its Building Efficiency segment designs, produces, markets, and installs integrated heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as building management systems, controls, and security and mechanical equipment. The companys Automotive Experience segment designs and manufactures interior products and systems for passenger cars and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles serving original equipment manufacturers. The company was founded in 1885 and is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
JCI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Johnson Controls International plc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Johnson Controls International plc ranked in the 46th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 25.33%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Johnson Controls International plc ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 5.32 -- which is good for besting 57.64% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- Johnson Controls International plc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 23.75% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
JCI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JCI Latest Social Stream
View Full JCI Social Stream
Latest JCI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Johnson Controls International plc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JCI as an investment opportunity.
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) Chairman and Chief Executive Officer George Oliver, and Vice President and Chief Sustainability, Government and Regulatory Affairs Officer Katie McGinty will speak at Baird's 2021 Sustainability Conference held virtually on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021 at 1:50 p.m. EST. A live webcast of each presentation will be available on the company's website at: http://investors.johnsoncontrols.com/news-and-events/events-and-presentations.
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI), the global leader for smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, the National Urban League and the Milwaukee Urban League today announced a partnership to help the organizations expand their initiatives supporting employment, education, advocacy as well as equitable justice and democracy.
The following slide deck was published by Johnson Controls International plc in conjunction with this event....
Brookfield bought Clarios from Johnson Controls International Plc for $13.2-billion in 2019
(Bloomberg) -- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is preparing to take car battery maker Clarios public about two years after buying it from Johnson Controls International Plc., according to people familiar with the matter.The Canadian firm is considering an initial public offering for Clarios later this year, said the people, who asked to not be identified because the matter isn’t public.Clarios, based in Glendale, Wisconsin, could be worth $20 billion in an IPO, the people said. Brookfield paid $13.2 billion for it in 2019.No final decision has been made and Brookfield could opt to keep the business.A representative for Brookfield and Clarios declined to comment.Brookfield acquired Clarios through its private equity affiliate Brookfield Business Partners LP.The business has been thrivin...
JCI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JCIWant to see what other sources are saying about Johnson Controls International plc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Johnson Controls International plc (JCI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Johnson Controls International plc (JCI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Johnson Controls International plc (JCI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!