Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (JEF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JEF POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where JEF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.01% of US stocks.
- JEF's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- JEF's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 34.38% of US stocks).
JEF Stock Summary
- Jefferies Financial Group Inc's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.52% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.12, Jefferies Financial Group Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 7.48% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- As for revenue growth, note that JEF's revenue has grown 59.78% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 90.75% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Jefferies Financial Group Inc are HOG, KRNY, ONB, NFBK, and RBB.
- Visit JEF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.jefferies.com.
JEF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, JEF's price/sales ratio is 68.57% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- JEF's price/sales ratio has moved down $1.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, JEF's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $8.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JEF.
JEF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JEF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.70||52-week high||$34.86|
|Prev. close||$29.99||52-week low||$14.14|
|Day high||$30.90||Avg. volume||2,242,513|
|50-day MA||$31.97||Dividend yield||2.61%|
|200-day MA||$26.45||Market Cap||7.58B|
Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (JEF) Company Bio
Jefferies Financial Group (formerly Leucadia National Corporation) operates in the investment banking and capital markets sector. Leucadia The company also owns and holds investments in various other businesses, including beef processing, manufacturing, energy projects, asset management, and real estate. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in New York, New York.
JEF Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Jefferies Financial Group Inc. To summarize, we found that Jefferies Financial Group Inc ranked in the 82th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 386.17%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for JEF, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 19% of its capital from equity, and 81% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 3.96% of US equities in the Financial Services sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Jefferies Financial Group Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 6%; for context, that number is higher than only 0.09% of tickers in our DCF set.
- JEF's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 0.09% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
JEF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JEF Latest Social Stream
View Full JEF Social Stream
Latest JEF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Jefferies Financial Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JEF as an investment opportunity.
Jefferies (JEF) closed the most recent trading day at $29.99, moving -0.17% from the previous trading session.
Miller/Howard Investments, an investment management firm, published its first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. Miller/Howard’s Infrastructure Strategy remains well-positioned to capitalize on momentum toward value and income stocks. The strategy has a yield over twice that of the S&P 500 and is trading well-below the broader market’s […]
Amazon users have continued to spend more online even after COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, according to Jefferies.
In the latest trading session, Jefferies (JEF) closed at $31.20, marking a -0.64% move from the previous day.
Leucadia Asset Management Announces Strategic Relationship With Ken Xu and Strategic Vision Investment
NEW YORK & LONDON & HONG KONG, Jun 15, 2021--Leucadia Asset Management ("LAM") today announced a strategic relationship with Strategic Vision Investment ("SVI"), a Hong-Kong based asset manager run by Ken Xu, who is Chief Investment Officer. SVI employs both a long/short and a long-only equities strategy focused on Greater China.
JEF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|