Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (JEF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JEF POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where JEF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for JEF is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- JEF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
JEF Stock Summary
- JEFFERIES FINANCIAL GROUP INC's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.48% of US equities in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that JEF's revenue has grown -21.88% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 8.15% of US companies in our set.
- JEFFERIES FINANCIAL GROUP INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 26.65%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.13% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to JEF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HOG, RBB, UBSI, FRME, and BRKL.
- JEF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit JEFFERIES FINANCIAL GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.jefferies.com.
JEF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, JEF's price/sales ratio is 0% higher, now standing at 1.3.
- JEF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 5.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JEF.
JEF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- JEF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 34.64% of graded US stocks.
- JEF's asset turnover comes in at 0.146 -- ranking 123rd of 444 Trading stocks.
- MPW, STAG, and ACRE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with JEF.
The table below shows JEF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
JEF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JEF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.73||52-week high||$41.49|
|Prev. close||$38.02||52-week low||$25.88|
|Day high||$37.93||Avg. volume||1,521,629|
|50-day MA||$33.89||Dividend yield||3.16%|
|200-day MA||$32.28||Market Cap||8.63B|
Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (JEF) Company Bio
Jefferies Financial Group (formerly Leucadia National Corporation) operates in the investment banking and capital markets sector. Leucadia The company also owns and holds investments in various other businesses, including beef processing, manufacturing, energy projects, asset management, and real estate. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
JEF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JEF Latest Social Stream
View Full JEF Social Stream
Latest JEF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about JEFFERIES FINANCIAL GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JEF as an investment opportunity.
Don't believe for one second that Warren Buffett doesn't think about dividends. In his latest letter to Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.A) (NYSE: BRK.B) shareholders, he mentioned that the company received $785 million in dividends from just one stock in 2021 (it was Apple). Buffett's recent buys for Berkshire's portfolio also hints that dividends might have been on his mind.
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pershing Square Holdings, Ltd. (LN:PSH) (LN:PSHD) (NA:PSH) (“PSH”) today announced that it has purchased, through PSH’s agent, Jefferies International Limited (“Jefferies”), the following number of PSH’s Public Shares of no par value (ISIN Code: GG00BPFJTF46) (the "Shares"): Total Buyback Ticker/s: PSH (XAMS) Date of Purchase: 25 November 2022 Number of Public Shares Purchased: 1,973 Shares Average Price Paid Per Share: 34.99 USD Buyback Breakdown by Trading Venue
Regulatory News: Pershing Square Holdings, Ltd. (LN:PSH) (LN:PSHD) (NA:PSH) (“PSH”) today announced that it has purchased, through PSH’s agent, Jefferies International Limited (“Jefferies”), the following number of PSH’s Public Shares of no par value (ISIN Code: GG00BPFJTF46) (the "Shares"): Total Buyback
Berkshire Hathaway''s most recent 13F showed a new purchase of Jefferies Financial. See why JEF might be a solid financial stock to add to your portfolio.
Warren Buffett's company Berkshire Hathaway made some interesting stock purchases in the third quarter.
JEF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|