Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JWN POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where JWN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for JWN is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- JWN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
JWN Stock Summary
- NORDSTROM INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.97% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.18, NORDSTROM INC has a higher such ratio than only 4.37% of stocks in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 16.76 for NORDSTROM INC; that's greater than it is for 97.19% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NORDSTROM INC, a group of peers worth examining would be VSCO, UNB, AEG, GLBZ, and SBH.
- JWN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NORDSTROM INC's official web site, go to shop.nordstrom.com.
JWN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, JWN's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.93% lower, now standing at 10.1.
- Over the past 243 months, JWN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 26.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JWN.
JWN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.97%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -19.52%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 156.85%.
The table below shows JWN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
JWN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- JWN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.51% of graded US stocks.
- JWN's asset turnover comes in at 1.414 -- ranking 87th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ROST, KSS, and PSMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with JWN.
The table below shows JWN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
JWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.73||52-week high||$36.43|
|Prev. close||$16.93||52-week low||$16.14|
|Day high||$17.25||Avg. volume||6,418,901|
|50-day MA||$20.82||Dividend yield||4.54%|
|200-day MA||$23.14||Market Cap||2.66B|
Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN) Company Bio
Nordstrom Inc. is a fashion specialty retailer specializing in apparel, shoes, cosmetics, and accessories for men, women, and children in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
JWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JWN Latest Social Stream
View Full JWN Social Stream
Latest JWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORDSTROM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JWN as an investment opportunity.
Nordstrom (JWN) closed at $18.02 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.58% move from the prior day.
Seattle-based fashion retailer Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE: JWN) has announced plans to open a new Nordstrom Rack in the spring of 2023. The new store will be located in Best in the West shopping center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Live shopping has already taken China by storm and is gaining more popularity in the U.S. by the day.
Nordstrom (JWN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Nordstrom Inc. (NYSE: JWN) has adopted a "poison pill" to prevent outsiders from acquiring more than 10% of the company. On Tuesday, the Seattle-based luxury retailer announced its board approved an anti-takeover shareholder rights plan, which is set to expire in a year. Liverpool's acquisition makes it the company's second-largest shareholder, though members of the Nordstrom family collectively own more than 30%, according to various reports.
JWN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|