Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JWN POWR Grades
- JWN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.71% of US stocks.
- JWN's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- JWN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 7.22% of US stocks).
JWN Stock Summary
- NORDSTROM INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.94% of US listed stocks.
- JWN's price/sales ratio is 0.22; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 4.53% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 15.01 for NORDSTROM INC; that's greater than it is for 96.7% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NORDSTROM INC, a group of peers worth examining would be VSCO, BJ, INT, DIT, and HY.
- Visit JWN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to shop.nordstrom.com.
JWN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, JWN's price/sales ratio is 77.78% lower, now standing at 0.2.
- JWN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JWN.
JWN Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 1803.03%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 687.1%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 107.5%.
The table below shows JWN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
JWN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- JWN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.51% of graded US stocks.
- JWN's asset turnover comes in at 1.414 -- ranking 87th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ROST, KSS, and PSMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with JWN.
The table below shows JWN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
JWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.38||52-week high||$29.59|
|Prev. close||$21.14||52-week low||$15.52|
|Day high||$27.15||Avg. volume||7,162,226|
|50-day MA||$18.27||Dividend yield||2.88%|
|200-day MA||$21.03||Market Cap||4.22B|
Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN) Company Bio
Nordstrom Inc. is a fashion specialty retailer specializing in apparel, shoes, cosmetics, and accessories for men, women, and children in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
JWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JWN Latest Social Stream
View Full JWN Social Stream
Latest JWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORDSTROM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JWN as an investment opportunity.
Stocks dropped on Friday, weighed down by a stronger-than-expected jobs report and poorly received earnings reports from Amazon and Alphabet. The robust employment growth raised fears that the Federal Reserve would need to push rates even higher to get inflation under control.
Amid the overall slide, Bill.com (BILL) was a standout decliner, as its earnings report showed slowing growth in a key performance metric. Meanwhile, Centene (CNC) added to its recent weakness, sliding to a new 52-week low....
Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN) soared over 30% in after hours trading on a report that activist investor Ryan Cohen has taken a large stake in the department store chain and wants board changes.
Cohen is said to be one of the top five non-family holder of the retailer, according a WSJ report, which cites people familiar. Cohen wants to replace at least one director and is focused on former Bed Bath & Beyond (Seeking Alpha | February 3, 2023
Stocks are recovering from steep premarket losses, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average sporting solid gains by midday, while the S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite sit just below fair value.
Nordstrom stock is in focus on Friday as shares rally over 20% on news that Ryan Cohen has taken a large position in the firm.
JWN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|