Kansas City Southern (KSU): Price and Financial Metrics
KSU Stock Summary
- Kansas City Southern's market capitalization of $23,315,411,192 is ahead of 89.65% of US-listed equities.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1,560.27, Kansas City Southern is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 97.38% of US stocks.
- Kansas City Southern's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.62% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KSU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CABO, MOS, RSG, PENN, and WRK.
- Visit KSU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kcsouthern.com.
KSU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KSU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$297.05||52-week high||$298.75|
|Prev. close||$256.40||52-week low||$122.35|
|Day high||$298.75||Avg. volume||1,153,873|
|50-day MA||$232.86||Dividend yield||0.84%|
|200-day MA||$197.58||Market Cap||27.01B|
Kansas City Southern (KSU) Company Bio
Kansas City Southern is a transportation holding company with domestic and international rail operations in North America that are focused on the north/south freight corridor connecting commercial and industrial markets in the central United States with industrial cities in Mexico. The company was founded in 1962 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
KSU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Kansas City Southern with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Kansas City Southern ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Kansas City Southern, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.75 years, is 0.41% -- higher than 76.09% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than only 23.3% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KSU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KSU Latest Social Stream
View Full KSU Social Stream
Latest KSU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kansas City Southern that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KSU as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, April 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aegion Corporation (NASDAQ: AEGN) Lifshitz Law Firm, P.C. announces investigation into possible breach of fiduciary duties in connection with the sale of AEGN to affiliates of New Mountain Capital, L.L.C. for $26.00 per share. If you are a investor, and would like additional information about our investigation, please complete the Information Request Form or contact Joshua Lifshitz, Esq. by telephone at (516)493-9780. Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) Lifshitz Law Firm, P.C. announces investigation into possible breach of fiduciary duties in connection with the sale of KSU to CP for 0.489 CP shares and $90.00 in cash per KSU share. If you are a investor, and would like additional information about our investigation, please complete the Informa...
Kansas City Southern (KSU) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call April 16, 2021 8:15 A.M. ET Company Participants Ashley Thorne - Vice President, Investor Relations Pat Ottensmeyer - President and Chief Executive Officer Mike Naatz - Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Mike Upchurch - Executive Vice President and Chief...
The following slide deck was published by Kansas City Southern in conjunction with their 2021 Q1 earnings call....
Companies Reporting Before The Bell • Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU ) is expected to report quarterly earnings at $1.94 per share on revenue of $710.89 million. • National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation 5.500% Subordinated Notes due 2064 (Subordinated Deferrable Interest Notes) (NYSE: NRUC ) is expected to report earnings for its third quarter. • Ally Financial (NYSE: ALLY ) is estimated to report quarterly … Full story available on Benzinga.com
KSU earnings call for the period ending March 31, 2021.
KSU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching KSUWant to see what other sources are saying about Kansas City Southern's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!