Kansas City Southern (KSU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KSU POWR Grades
- KSU scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KSU is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- KSU ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
KSU Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $24,714,189,562, Kansas City Southern has a greater market value than 89.49% of US stocks.
- Kansas City Southern's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.45% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 190.4, Kansas City Southern P/E ratio is greater than that of about 96.35% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kansas City Southern, a group of peers worth examining would be LUMN, PSX, UHAL, TEF, and ATO.
- Visit KSU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kcsouthern.com.
KSU Valuation Summary
- KSU's price/earnings ratio is 204.8; this is 686.18% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, KSU's price/sales ratio has gone up 8.2.
- KSU's price/sales ratio has moved up 8.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KSU.
KSU Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 93.62%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 7.18%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 185.6%.
The table below shows KSU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KSU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KSU has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.83% of graded US stocks.
- KSU's asset turnover comes in at 0.274 -- ranking 67th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- EXPE, BKNG, and LUV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KSU.
The table below shows KSU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KSU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KSU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$275.60||52-week high||$315.39|
|Prev. close||$272.43||52-week low||$171.82|
|Day high||$277.49||Avg. volume||1,121,561|
|50-day MA||$279.74||Dividend yield||0.79%|
|200-day MA||$257.09||Market Cap||25.07B|
Kansas City Southern (KSU) Company Bio
Kansas City Southern is a transportation holding company with domestic and international rail operations in North America that are focused on the north/south freight corridor connecting commercial and industrial markets in the central United States with industrial cities in Mexico. The company was founded in 1962 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
KSU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KSU Latest Social Stream
View Full KSU Social Stream
Latest KSU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kansas City Southern that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KSU as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- The head of Quebec’s largest fund manager is backing the board and management of Canadian National Railway Co. in their fight against an unhappy shareholder, saying they were right to attempt a takeover of Kansas City Southern even though the bid failed. Most Read from BloombergIstanbul Turns Taps on Old Fountains, Joining Global Push for Free DrinksThe Global Housing Market Is Broken, and It’s Dividing Entire CountriesIn Paris, the Wrapped Arc de Triomphe Is a Polarizing PackageH
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited and Kansas City Southern have signed a merger agreement to form a single-line rail network linking the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
Canadian National (CNI) aims to improve its operating ratio to 57% next year owing to reduced costs and improved efficiencies.
The Montreal-based railway said that as part of the plan it expects in 2022 to reduce capital spending to 17 per cent of revenue.
Canadian National Railway Co said on Friday it would resume a previously approved share buyback, days after walking away from its $29.6-billion deal for U.S. railroad operator Kansas City Southern. The largest Canadian railroad expects to complete the remaining C$1.1 billion ($869.02 million) of share repurchases by the end of January next year, it said in a statement. The company, under fire from some investors for its failed bid to buy Kansas City Southern, said it was targeting C$700 million of operating income improvements in 2022 by increasing labor productivity and reviewing its non-rail businesses.
KSU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|