Laureate Education, Inc. - (LAUR): Price and Financial Metrics
LAUR Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.13, Laureate Education Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 4% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Laureate Education Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.87% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Laureate Education Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 37.98%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.95% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Laureate Education Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ATI, VGR, PYX, CVI, and WLKP.
- Visit LAUR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.laureate.net.
LAUR Stock Price Chart More Charts
LAUR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.09||52-week high||$21.66|
|Prev. close||$21.33||52-week low||$14.32|
|Day high||$21.31||Avg. volume||1,069,389|
|50-day MA||$18.75||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.02||Market Cap||4.61B|
Laureate Education, Inc. - (LAUR) Company Bio
Laureate Education, Inc. provides undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Baltimore, Maryland
LAUR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Laureate Education Inc. To summarize, we found that Laureate Education Inc ranked in the 85st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 563%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Laureate Education Inc, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 2.76 years, is 0.83% -- higher than 90.14% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Laureate Education Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 11.34% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Laureate Education Inc experienced a tax rate of about 9% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than just 24.84% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|