Laureate Education, Inc. - (LAUR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LAUR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where LAUR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 64.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for LAUR is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- LAUR ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
LAUR Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Laureate Education Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.01% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Laureate Education Inc comes in at -92.3%, a number that bests merely 1.3% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for LAUR comes in at 50.84% -- higher than that of 95.62% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Laureate Education Inc are GLDD, CMP, FRTA, CAG, and CURO.
- LAUR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Laureate Education Inc's official web site, go to www.laureate.net.
LAUR Valuation Summary
- LAUR's EV/EBIT ratio is -10; this is 155.56% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- LAUR's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1.9 over the prior 56 months.
- Over the past 56 months, LAUR's price/sales ratio has gone up 12.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LAUR.
LAUR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LAUR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.56% of graded US stocks.
- LAUR's asset turnover comes in at 0.05 -- ranking 50th of 51 Personal Services stocks.
- EVI, BFAM, and GHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LAUR.
The table below shows LAUR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LAUR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LAUR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.24||52-week high||$18.05|
|Prev. close||$17.54||52-week low||$11.79|
|Day high||$17.60||Avg. volume||845,546|
|50-day MA||$15.79||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.62||Market Cap||3.25B|
Laureate Education, Inc. - (LAUR) Company Bio
Laureate Education, Inc. provides undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Baltimore, Maryland
Most Popular Stories View All
LAUR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LAUR Latest Social Stream
View Full LAUR Social Stream
Latest LAUR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Laureate Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LAUR as an investment opportunity.
Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAUR) (the "Company") today announced that, in connection with the Company's recently announced special cash distribution of $7.01 per share (the "Distribution"), Nasdaq has determined that the Company's Class A common stock will trade with "due bills" representing an assignment of the right to receive the Distribution during the period from October 5, 2021 through and including October 29, 2021 (the "Due Bill Period").
Good morning. investor!
Thinking about buying stock in The Metals Company, Leap Therapeutics, Phio Pharmaceuticals, Ion Geophysical, or Laureate Education?
NEW YORK, Sept. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- InvestorsObserver issues critical PriceWatch Alerts for TMC, LPTX, PHIO, IO, and LAUR. To see how InvestorsObserver''s proprietary scoring system rates these stocks, view the InvestorsObserver''s PriceWatch Alert by selecting the corresponding link.
Laureate Education Inc. plans to provide shareholders with a billion-dollar treat right before Halloween. The Baltimore-based, for-profit higher education company said late Wednesday that it expects to pay a special cash distribution of $7.01 per share to Class A and Class B common stockholders on Oct. 29. Shareholders of Laureate stock as of Oct. 6 will be eligible for the payment.
Gainers IronNet Cybersecurity, Inc. (NASDAQ: IRNT) rose 59.7% to $51.30 in pre-market trading. IronNet Cybersecurity emerged as the most-discussed stock on Reddit’s r/WallStreetBets forum as of Wednesday night. TMC the metals company Inc. (NASDAQ: TMC) rose 38.3% to $13.83 in pre-market trading amid high WallStreetBets interest. Leap Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: LPTX) rose 28% to $2.47 in pre-market trading following news of updated results for its DKN-01 plus tislelizumab showed 'compelling' act
LAUR Price Returns
Continue Researching LAURWant to do more research on Laureate Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Laureate Education Inc (LAUR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Laureate Education Inc (LAUR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Laureate Education Inc (LAUR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch