Laureate Education, Inc. - (LAUR): Price and Financial Metrics
LAUR Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -31.92%, Laureate Education Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 11.79% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that LAUR's revenue has grown -68.47% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 2.93% of US companies in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, LAUR is more volatile than only 6.81% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Laureate Education Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be RLGY, SHO, POR, SXC, and AMS.
- Visit LAUR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.laureate.net.
LAUR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LAUR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.16||52-week high||$15.46|
|Prev. close||$12.85||52-week low||$7.49|
|Day high||$12.93||Avg. volume||878,063|
|50-day MA||$13.82||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.44||Market Cap||2.42B|
Laureate Education, Inc. - (LAUR) Company Bio
Laureate Education, Inc. provides undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Baltimore, Maryland
LAUR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Laureate Education Inc. To summarize, we found that Laureate Education Inc ranked in the 74th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Laureate Education Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 63% of its capital from equity, and 37% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 23.73% of US equities in the Consumer Defensive sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Laureate Education Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 13%; for context, that number is higher than 86.92% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Laureate Education Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -6.37. This coverage rate is greater than that of just 10.64% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
LAUR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LAUR Latest Social Stream
View Full LAUR Social Stream
Latest LAUR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Laureate Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LAUR as an investment opportunity.
Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAUR) plans to release results for the quarter ended March 31, 2021, on Thursday, May 6, 2021, before the stock market opens. Following the release, the Company will host a telephone conference call with investors and analysts at 8:30 a.m. ET to discuss the first quarter results and the Company's business outlook.
Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAUR) today announced the appointment of Rick Buskirk as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective April 1, 2021. Mr. Buskirk, who currently is Laureate's Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, succeeds Jean-Jacques Charhon, who has resigned to pursue an opportunity outside the company.
Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAUR) today announced that it has completed the divestiture of its operations in Honduras to Fundación Nasser, transferring control of Fundaempresa, which manages Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana (UNITEC), including Centro Universitario Tecnológico (CEUTEC).
Laureate Education, Inc. -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Laureate Education, Inc.
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Laureate Education, Inc.Global Credit Research - 03 Mar 2021New York, March 03, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings of Laureate Education, Inc. and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 24 February 2021 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. Since 1 January 2019, Moody's practice has been to issue a press release following each periodic review to announce...
Laureate Education Should you short it before the Earnings result? : Stock market Insights & financial analysis
Laureate Education announce their quarterly, annual earnings. See the latest EPS estimates. Listen to the conference call and remind yourself by…
LAUR Price Returns
Continue Researching LAURWant to do more research on Laureate Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Laureate Education Inc (LAUR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Laureate Education Inc (LAUR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Laureate Education Inc (LAUR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch