Laureate Education, Inc. - (LAUR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LAUR POWR Grades
- LAUR scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for LAUR is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- LAUR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 29.04% of US stocks).
LAUR Stock Summary
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for LAUREATE EDUCATION INC comes in at 410.82%, a number that bests 97.42% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, LAUR is more volatile than only 5% of stocks we're observing.
- LAUREATE EDUCATION INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 100.38%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.91% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to LAUREATE EDUCATION INC are NR, SXI, WGO, ASGN, and MBUU.
- Visit LAUR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.laureate.net.
LAUR Valuation Summary
- LAUR's price/earnings ratio is 4.5; this is 75% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 69 months, LAUR's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LAUR.
LAUR Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -37.77%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -25.61%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 135.68%.
The table below shows LAUR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LAUR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LAUR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.95% of graded US stocks.
- LAUR's asset turnover comes in at 0.059 -- ranking 49th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- EVI, BFAM, and SCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LAUR.
The table below shows LAUR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LAUR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LAUR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.05||52-week high||$18.17|
|Prev. close||$11.01||52-week low||$9.41|
|Day high||$11.10||Avg. volume||1,197,662|
|50-day MA||$11.25||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.77||Market Cap||1.82B|
Laureate Education, Inc. - (LAUR) Company Bio
Laureate Education, Inc. provides undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Baltimore, Maryland
Most Popular Stories View All
LAUR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LAUR Latest Social Stream
View Full LAUR Social Stream
Latest LAUR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about LAUREATE EDUCATION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LAUR as an investment opportunity.
Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAUR) (the "Company") today announced that its board of directors approved, pursuant to the previously announced adoption of a plan of partial liquidation (the "Plan") related to the distribution of net proceeds from the Company's sale of Walden e-Learning LLC (the "Sale"), the payment of a special cash distribution (the "Distribution") equal to $0.83 per each share of the Company's Common Stock, par value $0.004 per share, to each holder of record on September
Sumadi, an artificial intelligence-powered online proctoring business (part of Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAUR)), today announced it has joined the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN). The APN is a global community of AWS Partners that leverage programs, expertise, and resources to build, market, and sell customer offerings.
Legendary fund manager Li Lu (who Charlie Munger backed) once said, 'The biggest investment risk is not the volatility...
Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAUR) (the "Company") today announced that its management team will host one-on-one and small group meetings at the Morgan Stanley Latin America Virtual Conference taking place on September 15 - 16, 2022 and the BTG Pactual LATAM CEO Conference taking place on October 11 - 13, 2022 at the InterContinental New York Barclay Hotel.
Investors need to pay close attention to Laureate Education (LAUR) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
LAUR Price Returns
Continue Researching LAURWant to do more research on Laureate Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Laureate Education Inc (LAUR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Laureate Education Inc (LAUR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Laureate Education Inc (LAUR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch