Lincoln National Corporation (LNC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LNC POWR Grades
- LNC scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 68.42% of US stocks.
- LNC's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- LNC's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 3.1% of US stocks).
LNC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Lincoln National Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For LNC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.9% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 17.49 for Lincoln National Corp; that's greater than it is for 97.45% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to LNC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SLRC, FDUS, GLAD, TSLX, and PSEC.
- LNC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Lincoln National Corp's official web site, go to www.lfg.com.
LNC Valuation Summary
- LNC's EV/EBIT ratio is 9; this is 4.65% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- LNC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 7.4 over the prior 243 months.
- LNC's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LNC.
LNC Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 23.33%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 24.19%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 31.13%.
The table below shows LNC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LNC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LNC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 22.86% of graded US stocks.
- LNC's asset turnover comes in at 0.052 -- ranking 121st of 133 Insurance stocks.
- VOYA, FAF, and PRU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LNC.
The table below shows LNC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LNC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LNC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.15||52-week high||$77.57|
|Prev. close||$71.32||52-week low||$44.59|
|Day high||$68.83||Avg. volume||1,424,012|
|50-day MA||$71.74||Dividend yield||2.47%|
|200-day MA||$66.04||Market Cap||12.32B|
Lincoln National Corporation (LNC) Company Bio
Lincoln National Corporation engages in multiple insurance and retirement businesses in the United States. It operates through Annuities, Retirement Plan Services, Life Insurance, and Group Protection segments. The company was founded in 1904 and is based in Radnor, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
LNC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LNC Latest Social Stream
View Full LNC Social Stream
Latest LNC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Lincoln National Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LNC as an investment opportunity.
Aflac's (AFL) latest dividend hike of 21.2% indicates a strong financial position and effective deployment of capital.
Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC reduced its stake in shares of Lincoln National Co. (NYSE:LNC) by 3.1% in the second quarter, according to its most recent filing with the SEC. The institutional investor owned 2,115,248 shares of the financial services providers stock after selling 67,153 shares during the period. Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC owned about 1.13% 
Lincoln National's (LNC) board increases share buyback authorization in an effort to support prudent capital deployment.
Faced With Rising Taxes and Ongoing Market Uncertainty, Pre-retirees Lean on New Investment Options to Maximize Savings Potential
RADNOR, Pa., November 15, 2021--Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE: LNC) today announced the upcoming launch of a new crediting strategy within its highly recognized indexed variable annuity, Lincoln Level Advantage®. Beginning Nov. 22, 2021, new contracts with Lincoln Level Advantage will offer a spread crediting strategy, in addition to several existing investing options, providing investors with a new option for portfolio growth opportunities, balanced with added protection. Lincoln Financial’s la
Equities research analysts expect that Lincoln National Co. (NYSE:LNC) will report $4.76 billion in sales for the current fiscal quarter, according to Zacks Investment Research. Two analysts have issued estimates for Lincoln Nationals earnings, with the highest sales estimate coming in at $4.81 billion and the lowest estimate coming in at $4.70 billion. Lincoln National 
LNC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|