Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (LOPE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LOPE POWR Grades
- LOPE scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 78.13% of US stocks.
- LOPE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- LOPE's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 16.94% of US stocks).
LOPE Stock Summary
- LOPE's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,577.4 -- higher than 97.05% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Grand Canyon Education Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 80.65% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.19 for Grand Canyon Education Inc; that's greater than it is for just 11.83% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Grand Canyon Education Inc are KAI, HTLD, MRCY, STE, and RMNI.
- Visit LOPE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gce.com.
LOPE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, LOPE's price/sales ratio is 226.67% higher, now standing at 4.9.
- LOPE's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.1 over the prior 154 months.
- LOPE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 33.3 over the prior 154 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LOPE.
LOPE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -19.83%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 127.94%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 0.47%.
The table below shows LOPE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LOPE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LOPE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$91.61||52-week high||$115.96|
|Prev. close||$92.17||52-week low||$75.64|
|Day high||$92.27||Avg. volume||311,703|
|50-day MA||$90.76||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$94.71||Market Cap||4.25B|
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (LOPE) Company Bio
Grand Canyon Education provides postsecondary education services in the United States and Canada, including graduate and undergraduate degree programs in the fields of education, healthcare, business, teaching, nursing, professional, and liberal arts. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
LOPE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Grand Canyon Education Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Grand Canyon Education Inc ranked in the 89th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 991.17% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Grand Canyon Education Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 93.22; that's higher than 95.77% of US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 4% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 14.83% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- LOPE's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 49.96% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
LOPE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LOPE Latest Social Stream
View Full LOPE Social Stream
Latest LOPE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Grand Canyon Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LOPE as an investment opportunity.
Grand Canyon Education (LOPE) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
As we already know from media reports and hedge fund investor letters, hedge funds delivered their best returns in a decade. Most investors who decided to stick with hedge funds after a rough 2018 recouped their losses by the end of the fourth quarter of 2019. A significant number of hedge funds continued their strong […]
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Release Date and Conference Call Details
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOPE) announced today that it will report its 2021 second quarter results after market close on Thursday, August 5, 2021. The Company will host a conference call to discuss the results in more detail at 1:30 P.M. (4:30 P.M. ET) the same day.
Warren Buffett famously said, 'Volatility is far from synonymous with risk.' When we think about how risky a company...
Disappointing guidance helped push the stock lower.
LOPE Price Returns
Continue Researching LOPEWant to do more research on Grand Canyon Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Grand Canyon Education Inc (LOPE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Grand Canyon Education Inc (LOPE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Grand Canyon Education Inc (LOPE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch