Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (LOPE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LOPE POWR Grades
- LOPE scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.61% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for LOPE is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- LOPE's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 29.98% of US stocks).
LOPE Stock Summary
- LOPE's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 12.43% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -64.38%, Grand Canyon Education Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 4.7% of about US stocks.
- Grand Canyon Education Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 26.43%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.72% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to LOPE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HELE, EIG, FIX, WDFC, and LWAY.
- Visit LOPE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gce.com.
LOPE Valuation Summary
- LOPE's price/earnings ratio is 15.5; this is 31.57% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 156 months, LOPE's price/earnings ratio has gone down 100.7.
- Over the past 156 months, LOPE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LOPE.
LOPE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -14.28%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 19.07%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -22.58%.
The table below shows LOPE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LOPE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LOPE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.61% of graded US stocks.
- LOPE's asset turnover comes in at 0.474 -- ranking 33rd of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- SP, WW, and CHGG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LOPE.
The table below shows LOPE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LOPE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LOPE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$95.37||52-week high||$102.04|
|Prev. close||$94.19||52-week low||$70.00|
|Day high||$95.41||Avg. volume||391,522|
|50-day MA||$91.58||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$87.69||Market Cap||3.08B|
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (LOPE) Company Bio
Grand Canyon Education provides postsecondary education services in the United States and Canada, including graduate and undergraduate degree programs in the fields of education, healthcare, business, teaching, nursing, professional, and liberal arts. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
LOPE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LOPE Latest Social Stream
View Full LOPE Social Stream
Latest LOPE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Grand Canyon Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LOPE as an investment opportunity.
Barrington analyst Alexander Paris reiterated a Buy rating on Grand Canyon Education (LOPE – Research Report) today and set a price target of $90.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $79.09. According to TipRanks.com, Paris is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 19.0% and a 57.1% success rate. Paris covers the Services sector, focusing on stocks such as Universal Technical Institute, American Public Education, and Adtalem Global Education. Grand Canyon Education has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $90.33, representing a 14.2% upside. In a report released today, Robert W.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Grand Canyon Education (NASDAQ: LOPE)Q4 2021 Earnings CallFeb 16, 2022, 4:30 p.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood day, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by.
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LOPE), ("GCE" or the "Company"), is a publicly traded education services company that currently provides services to 27 university partners. GCE provides a full array of support services in the post-secondary education sector and has developed significant technological solutions, infrastructure and operational processes to provide superior services in these areas on a large scale. GCE today announced financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2021.
Milwaukee, WI, based Investment company Skylands Capital, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Grand Canyon Education Inc, Owens-Corning Inc, T-Mobile US Inc, Citigroup Inc, Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corp, sells Encore Wire Corp, NV5 Global Inc, Immersion Corp, Akamai Technologies Inc, Insperity Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Skylands Capital, LLC.
Grand Canyon Education's (NASDAQ:LOPE) five-year total shareholder returns outpace the underlying earnings growth
The main point of investing for the long term is to make money. But more than that, you probably want to see it rise...
LOPE Price Returns
Continue Researching LOPEWant to do more research on Grand Canyon Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Grand Canyon Education Inc (LOPE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Grand Canyon Education Inc (LOPE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Grand Canyon Education Inc (LOPE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch