Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (LOPE): Price and Financial Metrics
LOPE Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 780.36, Grand Canyon Education Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 94.65% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Grand Canyon Education Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 81.97% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.19 for Grand Canyon Education Inc; that's greater than it is for just 12.32% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Grand Canyon Education Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PINC, MMI, FCN, MANT, and ROCK.
- LOPE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Grand Canyon Education Inc's official web site, go to www.gce.com.
LOPE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LOPE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$112.96||52-week high||$115.96|
|Prev. close||$113.67||52-week low||$74.87|
|Day high||$114.64||Avg. volume||328,740|
|50-day MA||$107.74||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$92.96||Market Cap||5.29B|
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (LOPE) Company Bio
Grand Canyon Education provides postsecondary education services in the United States and Canada, including graduate and undergraduate degree programs in the fields of education, healthcare, business, teaching, nursing, professional, and liberal arts. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
LOPE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Grand Canyon Education Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Grand Canyon Education Inc ranked in the 89th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Grand Canyon Education Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 76.68 -- which is good for besting 94.1% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 13.33% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- LOPE's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 47% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
LOPE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LOPE Latest Social Stream
View Full LOPE Social Stream
Latest LOPE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Grand Canyon Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LOPE as an investment opportunity.
The 2021 March Madness Tournament kicked off on Thursday night with a round of play-in games to round out the field of 64 teams. This year’s NCAA Basketball tournament will feature a publicly-traded company as one of the competitors for the first time. What To Know: Grand Canyon University will take on the Iowa Hawkeyes on Saturday evening in a 15-seed versus 2-seed matchup. The appearance by Grand Canyon University marks the first time a formerly for-profit contestant has appeared in the field of 64 teams, according to Sportico . Grand Canyon University became a Division I school in 2017 after a four-year process. In 2018, Grand Canyon Education Inc (NASDAQ: LOPE ) sold off … Full story available on Benzinga.com
The 2021 March Madness Tournament kicked off on Thursday night with a round of play-in games to round out the field of 64 teams. This year’s NCAA Basketball tournament will feature a school with close connections to a publicly-traded company as one of the competitors. What To Know: Grand Canyon University will take on the Iowa Hawkeyes on Saturday evening in a 15-seed versus 2-seed matchup. The appearance by Grand Canyon University marks the first time a formerly for-profit contestant has appeared in the field of 64 teams, according to Sportico. Grand Canyon University became a Division I school in 2017 after a four-year process. In 2018, Grand Canyon Education Inc (NASDAQ: LOPE) sold off certain assets to a new non-profit group which is now Grand Canyon University. As part of the 2018 ...
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Notifies Shareholders of an Investigation Concerning Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by Certain Officers and Directors of Grand Canyon Education, Inc.- LOPE
New York, New York--(Newsfile Corp. - March 5, 2021) - Levi & Korsinsky announces it has commenced an investigation of Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LOPE) possible breaches of fiduciary duty. To obtain additional information, go to:https://www.zlk.com/tag-along/grand-canyon-education-inc-information-request-formor contact Joseph E. Levi, Esq. either via email at [email protected] or by telephone at (212) 363-7500. There is no cost or obligation to you.Levi & Korsinsky is a nationally recognized firm with offices in New York, Connecticut, ...
LONG TERM SHAREHOLDER REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Grand Canyon Education, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
Los Angeles, California--(Newsfile Corp. - March 4, 2021) - The Schall Law Firm, a national shareholder rights litigation firm, announces that it is investigating claims on behalf of investors in Grand Canyon Education, Inc. ("Grand Canyon" or "the Company") (NASDAQ: LOPE) for potential breaches of fiduciary duty on the part of its directors and management.If you are a shareholder, click here to participate.We also encourage you to contact Brian Schall of the Schall Law ...
When you buy a stock there is always a possibility that it could drop 100%. But on a lighter note, a good company can...
LOPE Price Returns
Continue Researching LOPEWant to do more research on Grand Canyon Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Grand Canyon Education Inc (LOPE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Grand Canyon Education Inc (LOPE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Grand Canyon Education Inc (LOPE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!