LPL Financial Holdings Inc. (LPLA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LPLA POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where LPLA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 74.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for LPLA is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- LPLA's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 28.23% of US stocks).
LPLA Stock Summary
- LPLA has a market capitalization of $11,217,627,439 -- more than approximately 82.44% of US stocks.
- LPL Financial Holdings Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 90.58% of US listed stocks.
- LPLA's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 77.47% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to LPL Financial Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GPS, ACGL, JELD, CROX, and ONEW.
- LPLA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit LPL Financial Holdings Inc's official web site, go to www.lpl.com.
LPLA Valuation Summary
- LPLA's price/sales ratio is 1.8; this is 45.45% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 130 months, LPLA's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.8.
- LPLA's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 130 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LPLA.
LPLA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -20.26%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 27.39%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -51.62%.
The table below shows LPLA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LPLA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LPLA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$143.96||52-week high||$159.74|
|Prev. close||$140.32||52-week low||$73.14|
|Day high||$144.13||Avg. volume||593,538|
|50-day MA||$139.97||Dividend yield||0.71%|
|200-day MA||$123.99||Market Cap||11.51B|
LPL Financial Holdings Inc. (LPLA) Company Bio
LPL Financial Holdings provides an integrated platform of brokerage and investment advisory services to independent financial advisors and financial advisors at financial institutions in the United States. The company was established in 1989 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
LPLA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for LPL Financial Holdings Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that LPL Financial Holdings Inc ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for LPL Financial Holdings Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.75 years, is -0.01% -- higher than just 21.17% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- LPL Financial Holdings Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 22.45% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, LPL Financial Holdings Inc experienced a tax rate of about 17% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than 65.6% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
LPLA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LPLA Latest Social Stream
View Full LPLA Social Stream
Latest LPLA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about LPL Financial Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LPLA as an investment opportunity.
Advisors open new Linsco by LPL Financial office in Raleigh, N.C.CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LPL Financial LLC (Nasdaq:LPLA) today announced that financial advisors Kyle Smith CFP® and Michael Sandlin CFP®, AAMS have joined LPL, affiliating with Linsco by LPL Financial, the firm’s employee advisor model. Smith and Sandlin reported having served approximately $740 million in advisory, brokerage and retirement plan assets*. They join LPL from Truist Investment Services, form
No summary available.
CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LPL Financial LLC (Nasdaq: LPLA) announced today that financial advisors Joe Roddy CFP ® , Steve Mayer CFP ® , and Laurie Elfrank of West End Advisory Group have joined LPL Financials broker-dealer, corporate registered investment advisor (RIA) and custodial platforms. The team reported having served approximately $170 million in advisory, brokerage and retirement plan assets*. They join LPL from Cetera Financial Group.
It’s the 10th team to form an independent practice with LPL Financial’s Strategic Wealth Services, which was created more than a year ago to entice away talent from the wirehouses.
Interactive Brokers (IBKR) records a rise in revenues and lower expenses in the second quarter of 2021.
LPLA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching LPLAHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on LPL Financial Holdings Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
LPL Financial Holdings Inc (LPLA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
LPL Financial Holdings Inc (LPLA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
LPL Financial Holdings Inc (LPLA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch