Macy's Inc (M): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
M POWR Grades
- M scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 95.9% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for M is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- M's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 2.12% of US stocks).
M Stock Summary
- Macy's Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.43% of US listed stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Macy's Inc is higher than just 13.57% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.27, Macy's Inc has a higher such ratio than only 4.07% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Macy's Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be IMBI, HALL, CAL, UNM, and HBI.
- M's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Macy's Inc's official web site, go to www.macysinc.com.
M Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, M's EV/EBIT ratio is 445.45% lower, now standing at -64.6.
- Over the past 243 months, M's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 90.8.
- Over the past 243 months, M's price/earnings ratio has gone up 14.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for M.
M Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
M Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.08||52-week high||$22.30|
|Prev. close||$17.00||52-week low||$5.57|
|Day high||$17.56||Avg. volume||17,982,883|
|50-day MA||$18.15||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.61||Market Cap||5.33B|
Macy's Inc (M) Company Bio
Macy's sells a range of merchandise, including apparel and accessories for men, women, and children; cosmetics; home furnishings; and other consumer goods through its department stores and direct-to-consumer. The company was founded in 1830 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
M Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for M, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Macy's Inc ranked in the 7th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 96%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Macy's Inc, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 41. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 10.61% of US equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.59 years, is -0.24% -- higher than just 6.47% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Macy's Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -15.87. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 5.19% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
M Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
M Latest Social Stream
View Full M Social Stream
Latest M News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Macy's Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate M as an investment opportunity.
Over the past year, a number of retailers have talked about abandoning malls and opening stand-alone stores in shopping centers instead. First, establishing a shopping center presence gives retailers a chance to attract customers without the same competition that would normally be found in a mall setting. Off-mall stores in shopping centers help solve that issue to some degree.
J. Michael Prince, USPA Global Licensing President & CEO, joins Yahoo Finance’s Adam Shapiro and Seana Smith to discuss back to school trends, as spending is expected to reach record highs, and how the pandemic has changed consumer habits.
In the latest trading session, Macy's (M) closed at $16.63, marking a -0.6% move from the previous day.
NEW YORK, July 29, 2021--Macy’s, Inc. to Report Second Quarter Results on August 19, 2021
Macy's Inc. has named Maly Bernstein chief executive of the Bluemercury chain of beauty shops, effective September 13. Bernstein will be based out of the Bluemercury headquarters in Bethesda, Md. and report to Tony Spring, chief executive of Bloomingdale's. Bernstein was most recently vice president of e-commerce at CVS Health Corp. and has executive experience in the beauty and personal care space. Bernstein succeeds Marla Beck, who has moved on to pursue other opportunities. Macy's stock has r
M Price Returns