Macy's Inc (M): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
M POWR Grades
- M scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 99.68% of US stocks.
- M's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- M's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 4.71% of US stocks).
M Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of MACY'S INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.87% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- M's price/sales ratio is 0.17; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 4.42% of US stocks.
- MACY'S INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 75.85%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.44% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MACY'S INC, a group of peers worth examining would be GPS, COKE, CAL, RYI, and MAN.
- Visit M's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.macysinc.com.
M Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, M's price/earnings ratio is 72.55% lower, now standing at 2.8.
- M's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for M.
M Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 66.4%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 31.22%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -14.37%.
The table below shows M's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
M's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- M has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.25% of graded US stocks.
- M's asset turnover comes in at 1.151 -- ranking 122nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- CRMT, CATO, and JWN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with M.
The table below shows M's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
M Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
M Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.53||52-week high||$37.95|
|Prev. close||$17.53||52-week low||$15.10|
|Day high||$17.87||Avg. volume||13,192,456|
|50-day MA||$17.70||Dividend yield||3.59%|
|200-day MA||$22.00||Market Cap||4.75B|
Macy's Inc (M) Company Bio
Macy's sells a range of merchandise, including apparel and accessories for men, women, and children; cosmetics; home furnishings; and other consumer goods through its department stores and direct-to-consumer. The company was founded in 1830 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
M Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
M Latest Social Stream
View Full M Social Stream
Latest M News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MACY'S INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate M as an investment opportunity.
Grocery promotions remain below prepandemic levels as markets reduce circulars and take losses to put some items on sale.
Macy's (M) closed at $15.67 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.07% move from the prior day.
Climate change is playing right into the hands of the agriculture industry.
BLOOMINGDALE'S CONTINUES ITS PINK CAMPAIGN IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE BREAST CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION AND THE TUTU PROJECT
Bloomingdale's today announced its continued commitment to support breast cancer awareness with its annual Pink Campaign. In partnership with The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) and The Tutu Project, the leading retailer will launch Give Pink, Get More, as well as host PINK Yoga and PINK Parties in stores around the US on October 8th.
Macy's is borrowing a page from Amazon's and other retailers' playbooks in a bid to attract shoppers to its online offerings and boost e-commerce sales.
M Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|