Macy's Inc (M): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
M POWR Grades
- M scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.03% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for M is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- M ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
M Stock Summary
- Macy's Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.9% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.39, Macy's Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 6.51% of stocks in our set.
- M's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 83.9% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to M, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PAG, OMC, COKE, RNR, and JBT.
- Visit M's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.macysinc.com.
M Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, M's price/sales ratio is 71.43% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- Over the past 243 months, M's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 100.8.
- Over the past 243 months, M's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for M.
M Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 91.79%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 37.33%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -80.88%.
The table below shows M's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
M's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- M has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.97% of graded US stocks.
- M's asset turnover comes in at 1.151 -- ranking 122nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- CRMT, CATO, and JWN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with M.
The table below shows M's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
M Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
M Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.38||52-week high||$28.41|
|Prev. close||$26.59||52-week low||$6.01|
|Day high||$27.46||Avg. volume||18,149,258|
|50-day MA||$22.79||Dividend yield||2.26%|
|200-day MA||$18.41||Market Cap||8.48B|
Macy's Inc (M) Company Bio
Macy's sells a range of merchandise, including apparel and accessories for men, women, and children; cosmetics; home furnishings; and other consumer goods through its department stores and direct-to-consumer. The company was founded in 1830 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
M Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
M Latest Social Stream
View Full M Social Stream
Latest M News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Macy's Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate M as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, October 22, 2021--Macy’s, Inc. Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Dividend
Macy’s possibly spinning off its online business captured investors’ imaginations. The move could be fueled by a rich valuation of Saks Fifth Avenue’s own spin.
Macy's (M) is a brick-and-mortar and online retail department store operator. Macy's sells everything from clothes, to home goods and furniture. The stores are generally anchor stores for local malls, which have struggled in recent years. I am neutral on M stock. (See Analysts’ Top Stocks on TipRanks) Secular Trends The rise of-commerce and decline of regional malls is well documented. Once the go-to retailers for clothing, home goods, jewelry, and other products, department stores are now on the decline. Since the year 2000, department store sales have declined over 34.5%. Further, according to CNBC, 25% of the remaining malls in the United States could close within the next five years.
Shares of Macy's (NYSE: M) were climbing higher this week after investors responded positively to news that Saks Fifth Avenue's e-commerce unit was seeking to go public early next year at a valuation of $6 billion, making Macy's business look more valuable by comparison. The news came after activist investor Jana Partners had urged Macy's in a letter last week to make a similar move, splitting its digital business from its brick-and-mortar stores. Macy's shares surged on Monday after the news broke about Saks.
JBL, M, ACI, and SONO made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on October 21, 2021.
M Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|