Macy's Inc (M): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
M POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where M ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.74% of US stocks.
- M's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- M ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
M Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for M is 6.76 -- better than 95.02% of US stocks.
- M's price/sales ratio is 0.32; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 5.78% of US stocks.
- Macy's Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 30.61%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.59% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Macy's Inc are EME, SFM, BLDR, USFD, and PAG.
- M's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Macy's Inc's official web site, go to www.macysinc.com.
M Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, M's price/sales ratio is 71.43% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- Over the past 243 months, M's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 100.8.
- Over the past 243 months, M's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for M.
M Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -416.88%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 107.49%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -23.57%.
The table below shows M's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
M's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- M has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.25% of graded US stocks.
- M's asset turnover comes in at 1.151 -- ranking 122nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- CRMT, CATO, and JWN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with M.
The table below shows M's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
M Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
M Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.03||52-week high||$37.95|
|Prev. close||$21.30||52-week low||$15.68|
|Day high||$19.93||Avg. volume||13,327,635|
|50-day MA||$24.51||Dividend yield||2.96%|
|200-day MA||$25.00||Market Cap||5.42B|
Macy's Inc (M) Company Bio
Macy's sells a range of merchandise, including apparel and accessories for men, women, and children; cosmetics; home furnishings; and other consumer goods through its department stores and direct-to-consumer. The company was founded in 1830 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
M Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
M Latest Social Stream
View Full M Social Stream
Latest M News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Macy's Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate M as an investment opportunity.
Citigroup was the latest firm to turn more constructive on Macy's (M +2.1%) with an upgrade to Neutral from Sell on the department store operator after it checked back on valuation. Citi's Paul Lejuez: "While we continue to believe M faces substantial structural challenges (see below), we believe the stock...
Macy's (NYSE: M) reported fourth-quarter and fiscal 2021 earnings results before the markets opened on Tuesday, Feb. 22. Macy's deliberated the segment's sale for the potential value the stand-alone business could bring but ultimately decided against a deal. This was true at both Macy's, Inc. and brand levels.
Macy's has not one but two credit cards and a revamped loyalty points program—that doesn't require a Macy's account at all.
Each creative designed a fashion-forward capsule of spring items, inspired by their perspective and style.
The major market averages fell for a third consecutive day on news that Russia had moved its military forces into Ukraine under the guise of a peacekeeping mission, and that the U.S. and its allies were imposing punitive economic sanctions on Moscow. Stocks rallied off their lows following President Biden's...
M Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|