Macy's Inc (M): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
M POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where M ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.35% of US stocks.
- M's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- M's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 8.04% of US stocks).
M Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of MACY'S INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.93% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.19, MACY'S INC has a higher such ratio than just 5.75% of stocks in our set.
- MACY'S INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 28.19%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.54% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to M, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are COKE, GPS, PDCO, RYI, and ANF.
- M's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MACY'S INC's official web site, go to www.macysinc.com.
M Valuation Summary
- M's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 88.57% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- M's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 9.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for M.
M Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 151.16%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 88.68%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 16.14%.
The table below shows M's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
M's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- M has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.25% of graded US stocks.
- M's asset turnover comes in at 1.151 -- ranking 122nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- CRMT, CATO, and JWN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with M.
The table below shows M's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
M Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of M, see our M price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$22.77||Average Broker Recommendation||2.03 (Hold)|
M Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
M Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.27||52-week high||$27.30|
|Prev. close||$17.10||52-week low||$15.10|
|Day high||$17.93||Avg. volume||9,640,315|
|50-day MA||$21.31||Dividend yield||3.91%|
|200-day MA||$19.84||Market Cap||4.69B|
Macy's Inc (M) Company Bio
Macy's sells a range of merchandise, including apparel and accessories for men, women, and children; cosmetics; home furnishings; and other consumer goods through its department stores and direct-to-consumer. The company was founded in 1830 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
M Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
M Latest Social Stream
View Full M Social Stream
Latest M News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MACY'S INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate M as an investment opportunity.
Macy’s, Inc. Marks One Year Milestones for Mission Every One
NEW YORK, March 27, 2023--This spring, Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE: M) celebrates first-year milestones of its commitments tied to Mission Every One, an enterprise-wide social purpose platform focused on creating positive societal change. In 2022, Macy’s, Inc. launched Mission Every One by announcing $5 billion of the company’s spend through 2025 would be directed towards partners, products, people and programs that help create a more equitable and sustainable future. Commitments focus on three pillars o
Macy's (M) Strategic Endeavors on Track, Up 18% in 6 Months
Macy's (M) has been strengthening its omnichannel capabilities with investments in data and analytics. It is constantly making moves to offer a seamless customer experience.
Macy’s, Inc. Appoints Naveen Chopra to Board of Directors
NEW YORK, March 23, 2023--Macy’s, Inc. Appoints Naveen Chopra to Board of Directors
Bloomingdale's Promotes Denise Magid to Chief Merchant
Tony Spring, Bloomingdale's Chairman and CEO today announced the promotion of Denise Magid to the newly created role of Bloomingdale's Chief Merchandising Officer, effective March 21, 2023. Within this position, Magid will drive the strategic direction and performance of all Bloomingdale's merchandising initiatives. She will be responsible for building and enhancing new and existing partnerships, expanding the brand matrix and product assortment, and ultimately influencing the future growth of t
Implied Volatility Surging for Macy's (M) Stock Options
Investors need to pay close attention to Macy's (M) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
M Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Macy's Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Macy's Inc (M) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Macy's Inc (M) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Macy's Inc (M) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...