Marcus Corporation (The) (MCS): Price and Financial Metrics
MCS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.28||52-week high||$18.23|
|Prev. close||$15.11||52-week low||$13.62|
|Day high||$15.32||Avg. volume||348,895|
|50-day MA||$16.43||Dividend yield||1.29%|
|200-day MA||$15.65||Market Cap||483.96M|
MCS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MCS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCS is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MCS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 7.73% of US stocks).
MCS Stock Summary
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, MARCUS CORP is reporting a growth rate of -178.47%; that's higher than merely 8.88% of US stocks.
- The volatility of MARCUS CORP's share price is greater than that of merely 8.58% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- MARCUS CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 15.99%, greater than the shareholder yield of 88.54% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MCS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CVEO, PBH, CNDT, PLBY, and HYFM.
- Visit MCS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.marcuscorp.com.
MCS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, MCS's price/sales ratio is 61.11% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- Over the past 243 months, MCS's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCS.
MCS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -65.68%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -81.52%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -65.68%.
The table below shows MCS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.07% of graded US stocks.
- MCS's asset turnover comes in at 0.17 -- ranking 34th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- CNK, LYV, and FUN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCS.
The table below shows MCS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MCS, see our MCS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$24.33||Average Broker Recommendation||1.33 (Strong Buy)|
Marcus Corporation (The) (MCS) Company Bio
The Marcus Corporation operates through two segments, Movie Theatres, and Hotels and Resorts. The company operates movie theatres in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Ohio, and hotels, resorts, and other properties for third parties in Wisconsin, California, Georgia, Minnesota, Nevada, Florida, and Texas. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Most Popular Stories View All
MCS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCS Latest Social Stream
View Full MCS Social Stream
Latest MCS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MARCUS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCS as an investment opportunity.
The Marcus Corporation to Participate at 23rd Annual B. Riley Securities Institutional Investor Conference
MILWAUKEE, May 16, 2023--The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS) today announced that Chad M. Paris, chief financial officer and treasurer, will participate at the upcoming B. Riley Securities’ 23rd Annual Institutional Investor Conference on Thursday, May 25, 2023, in Beverly Hills, California.
Gabelli Funds to Host 15th Annual Media & Entertainment Symposium Thursday, June 8, 2023
RYE, N.Y., May 16, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gabelli Funds will host its 15th Annual Media & Entertainment Symposium at the Harvard Club in New York City on Thursday, June 8, 2023. The symposium will feature discussions with leading companies and organizations across the media ecosystem, with an emphasis on industry dynamics, current trends, and business fundamentals, as well as a Sports Investing Panel. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet with management in a one-on-one setting. For
The Marcus Corporation to Webcast 2023 Rescheduled Annual Shareholders’ Meeting May 23
MILWAUKEE, May 11, 2023--The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS) today announced it will webcast its rescheduled Annual Meeting of Shareholders, which is planned to be held on Tuesday, May 23, 2023, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Central/10:00 a.m. Eastern time. The business portion of the meeting will be followed by an update on the company’s operations.
The Marcus Corporation Announces Postponement of 2023 Annual Shareholders' Meeting
MILWAUKEE, May 09, 2023--The Marcus Corporation Announces Postponement of 2023 Annual Shareholders' Meeting
Is There An Opportunity With The Marcus Corporation's (NYSE:MCS) 31% Undervaluation?
Key Insights Using the 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity, Marcus fair value estimate is US$24.53 Current share price of...
MCS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MCSWant to do more research on Marcus Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Marcus Corp (MCS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Marcus Corp (MCS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Marcus Corp (MCS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...