Marcus Corporation (The) (MCS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCS POWR Grades
- MCS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 80.97% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MCS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
MCS Stock Summary
- Marcus Corp's stock had its IPO on March 29, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.29% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Marcus Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 16.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that MCS's revenue has grown 92.79% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 91.21% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MCS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AEL, APRN, PUMP, LBRT, and WTRH.
- Visit MCS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.marcuscorp.com.
MCS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, MCS's EV/EBIT ratio is 138.92% lower, now standing at -6.5.
- Over the past 243 months, MCS's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.2.
- MCS's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCS.
MCS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.07% of graded US stocks.
- MCS's asset turnover comes in at 0.17 -- ranking 34th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- CNK, LYV, and FUN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCS.
The table below shows MCS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.78||52-week high||$22.32|
|Prev. close||$14.77||52-week low||$13.41|
|Day high||$15.09||Avg. volume||179,666|
|50-day MA||$15.00||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.18||Market Cap||467.18M|
Marcus Corporation (The) (MCS) Company Bio
The Marcus Corporation operates through two segments, Movie Theatres, and Hotels and Resorts. The company operates movie theatres in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Ohio, and hotels, resorts, and other properties for third parties in Wisconsin, California, Georgia, Minnesota, Nevada, Florida, and Texas. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Most Popular Stories View All
MCS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCS Latest Social Stream
View Full MCS Social Stream
Latest MCS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Marcus Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCS as an investment opportunity.
Marcus (MCS) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
The Marcus Corp.'s chief financial officer Doug Neis will retire on May 15 following 36 years with the Milwaukee-based company. Corporate controller and treasurer Chad Paris will succeed Neis.
The Marcus Corporation Announces Douglas A. Neis to Retire; Chad Paris to Succeed Neis as Chief Financial Officer
MILWAUKEE, February 24, 2022--The Marcus Corporation Announces Douglas A. Neis to Retire; Chad Paris to Succeed Neis as Chief Financial Officer
The Marcus Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2021 and Full Year Results Release Date and Conference Call
MILWAUKEE, February 17, 2022--The Marcus Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2021 and Full Year Results Release Date and Conference Call
Wisconsin firm's buy of boutique hotel ranks among highest dollar value for a downtown property in recent years.
MCS Price Returns