Magellan Health, Inc. (MGLN): Price and Financial Metrics
MGLN Stock Summary
- Magellan Health Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.98% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 258, Magellan Health Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.64% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Magellan Health Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Magellan Health Inc are CHCT, HTA, CVA, HR, and PGRE.
- Visit MGLN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.magellanhealth.com.
MGLN Stock Price Chart More Charts
MGLN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.81||52-week high||$81.04|
|Prev. close||$67.13||52-week low||$57.79|
|Day high||$68.11||Avg. volume||127,845|
|50-day MA||$74.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$69.30||Market Cap||1.61B|
Magellan Health, Inc. (MGLN) Company Bio
Magellan Health provides services to health plans, managed care organizations (MCOs), employers, labor unions, military and governmental agencies, third party administrators, consultants and brokers. Its business is divided into five segments, which include managed healthcare, specialty solutions and pharmacy management. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
MGLN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Magellan Health Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Magellan Health Inc ranked in the 61st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 33%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Magellan Health Inc ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 70. Notably, its equity weight is greater than merely 24.22% of US equities in the Healthcare sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Magellan Health Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than 68.27% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Magellan Health Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 21 -- greater than 85.64% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|