Magellan Health, Inc. (MGLN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MGLN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MGLN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.45% of US stocks.
- MGLN's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 47 weeks.
- MGLN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
MGLN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Magellan Health Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.43% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that MGLN's revenue has grown -27.41% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 9.52% of US companies in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MGLN is more volatile than merely 0.67% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Magellan Health Inc are CLSK, JBGS, NYC, RDNT, and VSEC.
- MGLN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Magellan Health Inc's official web site, go to www.magellanhealth.com.
MGLN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, MGLN's price/sales ratio is 86.84% lower, now standing at 0.5.
- MGLN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 12.9 over the prior 213 months.
- MGLN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 213 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MGLN.
MGLN Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 204.21%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -59.13%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -44.83%.
The table below shows MGLN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MGLN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MGLN has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 22.94% of graded US stocks.
- MGLN's asset turnover comes in at 1.436 -- ranking 9th of 80 Healthcare stocks.
- FLGT, PMD, and UHS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MGLN.
The table below shows MGLN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MGLN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGLN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$94.62||52-week high||$95.43|
|Prev. close||$94.62||52-week low||$69.35|
|Day high||$95.25||Avg. volume||277,158|
|50-day MA||$94.55||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$92.69||Market Cap||2.49B|
Magellan Health, Inc. (MGLN) Company Bio
Magellan Health provides services to health plans, managed care organizations (MCOs), employers, labor unions, military and governmental agencies, third party administrators, consultants and brokers. Its business is divided into five segments, which include managed healthcare, specialty solutions and pharmacy management. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
MGLN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGLN Latest Social Stream
View Full MGLN Social Stream
Latest MGLN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Magellan Health Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGLN as an investment opportunity.
Magellan Rx Management’s AIDS Drug Assistance Program Center of Excellence Expands Program That Significantly Improves Medication Adherence and Quality of Care for Patients with HIV
PHOENIX, September 15, 2021--Magellan Rx has expanded Navigate Whole Health to include ADAP that applies a comprehensive approach to managing care for patients with HIV.
Magellan Health Provides Free Consultation Services and Referrals to Local Community Resources to Individuals Impacted by Hurricane Ida
PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Magellan Health will open a free 24-hour crisis line for all individuals impacted by the aftermath of Hurricane Ida.
Growth and Innovation Division at Magellan Health Announces New Appointments for Alisa Bahl, Ph.D. and Sean Gregory, Ph.D.
PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Magellan Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: MGLN) today announced it has appointed Alisa Bahl, Ph.D., as chief of strategy and innovation for Magellan Health, and Sean Gregory, Ph.D. as senior vice president of analytics and insight for Magellan Health. We welcome Alisa and Sean, two accomplished healthcare leaders, to Magellan Healths Growth and Innovation team, and look forward to leveraging their extensive clinical, managed care and research expertise to address complex health
Magellan Healthcare Launches Clinically Proven Video Game Solution to Support Emotional Health for Youth
PHOENIX, August 26, 2021--Magellan Healthcare announced it is now offering Mightier, a clinically-proven biofeedback video game for children, to health plans and employers.
PHOENIX, August 24, 2021--Magellan Healthcare has announced high-touch and high-tech resources to advance suicide prevention and intervention.
MGLN Price Returns