Magellan Health, Inc. (MGLN): Price and Financial Metrics
MGLN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Magellan Health Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.41, Magellan Health Inc has a higher such ratio than just 8.17% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, MGLN has reported earnings growth of 154.89%, putting it ahead of 90.97% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MGLN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are JBGS, CHCT, TRNO, UBA, and RTLR.
- MGLN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Magellan Health Inc's official web site, go to www.magellanhealth.com.
MGLN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGLN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$93.32||52-week high||$95.43|
|Prev. close||$93.20||52-week low||$30.60|
|Day high||$93.62||Avg. volume||489,971|
|50-day MA||$90.89||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$79.10||Market Cap||2.42B|
Magellan Health, Inc. (MGLN) Company Bio
Magellan Health provides services to health plans, managed care organizations (MCOs), employers, labor unions, military and governmental agencies, third party administrators, consultants and brokers. Its business is divided into five segments, which include managed healthcare, specialty solutions and pharmacy management. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
MGLN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Magellan Health Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Magellan Health Inc ranked in the 39th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 45.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Magellan Health Inc, consider:
- Magellan Health Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 17.75% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Magellan Health Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than merely 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Healthcare), Magellan Health Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 66.88% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MGLN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGLN Latest Social Stream
View Full MGLN Social Stream
Latest MGLN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Magellan Health Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGLN as an investment opportunity.
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: WeissLaw LLP Reminds MGLN, SMTX, FLIR, and TCF Shareholders About Its Ongoing Investigations
If you own shares in any of the companies listed above and would like to discuss our investigations or have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests, please contact:
INVESTIGATION ALERT: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates MGLN, CUB, CATM, CHNG; Shareholders Are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 23, 2021 / Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, continues to investigate the following companies:Magellan Health, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGLN) concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to Centene Corporation for $95.
Change Healthcare Inc. (NASDAQ: CHNG)
INVESTIGATION ALERT: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates the Following Companies on Behalf of Shareholders - TPCO, CEI, MGLN, RNET, WDR
Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 19, 2021 / Juan Monteverde, founder and managing partner at Monteverde & Associates PC, a national securities firm rated Top 50 in the 2018 and 2019 ISS Securities Class Action Services Report and headquartered at the Empire State Building in New York City, is investigating: * Magellan Health, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGLN)relating to its proposed acquisition by Centene Corporation.
MGLN Price Returns
Continue Researching MGLNWant to do more research on Magellan Health Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!