MP Materials Corp. (MP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MP POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MP is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MP's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 2.46% of US stocks).
MP Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 10.39, MP MATERIALS CORP has a higher such ratio than 89.66% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, MP MATERIALS CORP is reporting a growth rate of 197.36%; that's higher than 91.77% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for MP MATERIALS CORP comes in at 93.94%, a number that bests 91.06% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SWIM, SGLY, COWN, PTLO, and SG.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to MP's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001801368.
MP Valuation Summary
- MP's price/earnings ratio is 23.2; this is 98.29% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- MP's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 128.9 over the prior 31 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MP.
MP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.51% of graded US stocks.
- MP's asset turnover comes in at 0.213 -- ranking 25th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows MP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.93||52-week high||$60.19|
|Prev. close||$33.25||52-week low||$26.19|
|Day high||$34.34||Avg. volume||2,570,207|
|50-day MA||$30.68||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$36.77||Market Cap||5.85B|
MP Materials Corp. (MP) Company Bio
MP Materials Corp. owns and operates integrated rare earth mining and processing facilities. It owns and operates the Mountain Pass facility located in the Western Hemisphere. The company holds the mineral rights to the Mountain Pass mine and surrounding areas, as well as intellectual property rights related to the processing and development of rare earth minerals. It offers neodymium and praseodymium that are rare earth elements, which in combination form neodymium-praseodymium. The company was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Most Popular Stories View All
MP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MP Latest Social Stream
View Full MP Social Stream
Latest MP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MP MATERIALS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MP as an investment opportunity.
Passive investing in an index fund is a good way to ensure your own returns roughly match the overall market. While...
ClearBridge Investments, an investment management company, released its “ClearBridge Sustainability Leaders Strategy” third 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. The strategy outperformed its benchmark in the third quarter, the Russell 3000 Index. Only the industrial sector contributed positively to the strategy’s absolute performance among the ten sectors the strategy invested […]
‘The next four weeks will be better’: Jim Cramer sees reasons to be more positive on stocks and gives these 2 names his stamp of approval
Unhappy with the state of the portfolio after miserable 2022 stock market action? You are probably far from alone. Most investors have struggled to make headway in this year’s ongoing bear market, which has provided only short periods of relief. That said, with the year’s end getting ever nearer, Jim Cramer, the well-known host of CNBC’s ‘Mad Money’ program, thinks the bears are showing signs of exhaustion and this spells good news for battered investors.
When close to half the companies in the United States have price-to-earnings ratios (or "P/E's") below 14x, you may...
With rising demand for advanced computing hardware and renewable energy solutions, many investors have hope for the rare-earth elements (REEs) niche of the mining industry. Fortunately, just a trace amount of a REE like cerium, neodymium, lanthanum, or terbium can go a long way in the manufacture of all sorts of items from batteries to medical equipment. Most REE production takes place in China, so many investors looking for a U.S.-based company have landed on MP Materials (NYSE: MP) as a top way to invest in this space.
MP Price Returns