MP Materials Corp. (MP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MP POWR Grades
- MP scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 65.29% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MP is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MP's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2.29% of US stocks).
MP Stock Summary
- MP's price/sales ratio is 8.89; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 87.94% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, MP MATERIALS CORP is reporting a growth rate of 105.17%; that's higher than 87.02% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MP's revenue has grown 58.91% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 87.17% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MP MATERIALS CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be TASK, SG, CLNE, SWIM, and EQC.
- To check out MP MATERIALS CORP's SEC filings, go to the company's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001801368.
MP Valuation Summary
- MP's price/sales ratio is 9.3; this is 447.06% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- MP's price/earnings ratio has moved up 72.8 over the prior 35 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MP.
MP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.51% of graded US stocks.
- MP's asset turnover comes in at 0.213 -- ranking 25th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows MP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MP Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MP, see our MP price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$45.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
MP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.32||52-week high||$60.19|
|Prev. close||$26.39||52-week low||$23.50|
|Day high||$27.26||Avg. volume||2,080,289|
|50-day MA||$31.15||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$31.57||Market Cap||4.67B|
MP Materials Corp. (MP) Company Bio
MP Materials Corp. owns and operates integrated rare earth mining and processing facilities. It owns and operates the Mountain Pass facility located in the Western Hemisphere. The company holds the mineral rights to the Mountain Pass mine and surrounding areas, as well as intellectual property rights related to the processing and development of rare earth minerals. It offers neodymium and praseodymium that are rare earth elements, which in combination form neodymium-praseodymium. The company was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Most Popular Stories View All
MP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MP Latest Social Stream
View Full MP Social Stream
Latest MP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MP MATERIALS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MP as an investment opportunity.
MP Materials Corp. (MP) Gains But Lags Market: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, MP Materials Corp. (MP) closed at $26.99, marking a +0.48% move from the previous day.
As MP Materials Corp.'s market cap (NYSE:MP) drops to US$4.9b, insiders might be questioning their decision to buy earlier this year
Insiders who acquired US$1.6m worth of MP Materials Corp.'s ( NYSE:MP ) stock at an average price of US$34.97 in the...
Newmont (NEM) Moves 7.0% Higher: Will This Strength Last?
Newmont (NEM) saw its shares surge in the last session with trading volume being higher than average. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions may not translate into further price increase in the near term.
MP Materials Corp. (MP) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, MP Materials Corp. (MP) closed at $29.38, marking a +0.14% move from the previous day.
MP Materials Elects Arnold W. Donald to Board
LAS VEGAS, March 08, 2023--MP Materials Corp. (NYSE: MP) announced today that Arnold W. Donald has been elected to the company’s board of directors. Mr. Donald brings decades of experience in corporate leadership and a track record of value creation to MP Materials. He is the former President and CEO of Carnival Corporation and currently serves as a Director of Bank of America Corporation and Salesforce, Inc.
MP Price Returns
Loading social stream, please wait...