Medical Properties Trust, Inc. common stock (MPW): Price and Financial Metrics
MPW Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Medical Properties Trust Inc is higher than it is for about 98.67% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MPW's revenue has grown 50.56% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 89.53% of US companies in our set.
- Medical Properties Trust Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -23.29%, greater than the shareholder yield of just 10.42% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Medical Properties Trust Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be DRH, EVA, MAIN, GDS, and HASI.
- MPW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Medical Properties Trust Inc's official web site, go to www.medicalpropertiestrust.com.
MPW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MPW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.59||52-week high||$23.46|
|Prev. close||$21.80||52-week low||$12.35|
|Day high||$22.09||Avg. volume||4,357,960|
|50-day MA||$21.55||Dividend yield||5%|
|200-day MA||$19.46||Market Cap||11.69B|
Medical Properties Trust, Inc. common stock (MPW) Company Bio
Medical Properties Trust is a self-advised real estate investment trust formed to capitalize on the changing trends in healthcare delivery by acquiring and developing net-leased healthcare facilities. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Birmingham, Alabama.
MPW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Medical Properties Trust Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Medical Properties Trust Inc ranked in the 74th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Medical Properties Trust Inc, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.5 years comes in at 0.44%; that's greater than 77.03% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Medical Properties Trust Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 4.43% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 23.84% of stocks in its sector (Real Estate).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MPW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MPW Latest Social Stream
View Full MPW Social Stream
Latest MPW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Medical Properties Trust Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MPW as an investment opportunity.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (the “Company” or “MPT”) (NYSE: MPW) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.28 per share of common stock to be paid on April 8, 2021 to stockholders of record on March 18, 2021. Annual Meeting of Stockholders Medical Properties Trust also announced that its annual meeting of stockholders will be held at 10:30 Central Time on May 26, 2021 in Birmingham, Alabama. Stockholders of record
Real estate investment trusts (REITs) historically offer investors above-average dividend yields. Three high-yielding REITs that stand out this February are Medical Properties Trust (NYSE: MPW), SL Green Realty (NYSE: SLG), and Realty Income (NYSE: O). Medical Properties Trust is a healthcare REIT focused on owning hospitals.
Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (MPW) CEO Edward K. Aldag on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (MPW) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 4, 2021 11:00 ET Company Participants Charles Lambert - Vice President & Treasurer Edward K. Aldag - Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer Steven Hamner - Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Joshua Dennerlein -...
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (the “Company” or “MPT”) (NYSE: MPW) today announced financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and full-year ended December 31, 2020 as well as certain events occurring subsequent to quarter end. Net income of $0.20 and Normalized Funds from Operations (“NFFO”) of $0.41 for the 2020 fourth quarter and net income of $0.81 and NFFO of $1.57 for the full-year 2020, all on a per diluted share basis; Closed in the fourth
Inc. Conference Call. Welcome to the Medical Properties Trust conference call to discuss our fourth quarter and calendar year 2020 financial results. With me today are Edward K. Aldag, Jr., Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of the company and Steven Hamner, the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
MPW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MPWWant to do more research on Medical Properties Trust Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Medical Properties Trust Inc (MPW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Medical Properties Trust Inc (MPW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Medical Properties Trust Inc (MPW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!