Medical Properties Trust, Inc. common stock (MPW): Price and Financial Metrics
MPW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.31||52-week high||$14.00|
|Prev. close||$5.79||52-week low||$5.30|
|Day high||$5.70||Avg. volume||14,042,313|
|50-day MA||$8.14||Dividend yield||9.97%|
|200-day MA||$9.51||Market Cap||3.18B|
MPW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MPW POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MPW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.61% of US stocks.
- MPW's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MPW's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.02% of US stocks).
MPW Stock Summary
- MPW's current price/earnings ratio is 50.56, which is higher than 88.44% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MEDICAL PROPERTIES TRUST INC is higher than it is for about 98.66% of US stocks.
- MEDICAL PROPERTIES TRUST INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 22.58%, greater than the shareholder yield of 92.18% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MEDICAL PROPERTIES TRUST INC, a group of peers worth examining would be GHI, MAIN, BNL, NS, and DKL.
- MPW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MEDICAL PROPERTIES TRUST INC's official web site, go to www.medicalpropertiestrust.com.
MPW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, MPW's price/earnings ratio is 91.3% higher, now standing at 52.8.
- Over the past 221 months, MPW's price/earnings ratio has gone up 21.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MPW.
MPW Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -50.25%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 14.71%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 12.18%.
The table below shows MPW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MPW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MPW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.82% of graded US stocks.
- MPW's asset turnover comes in at 0.08 -- ranking 258th of 444 Trading stocks.
- STAG, JEF, and TCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MPW.
The table below shows MPW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Medical Properties Trust, Inc. common stock (MPW) Company Bio
Medical Properties Trust is a self-advised real estate investment trust formed to capitalize on the changing trends in healthcare delivery by acquiring and developing net-leased healthcare facilities. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Birmingham, Alabama.
MPW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MPW Latest Social Stream
View Full MPW Social Stream
Latest MPW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MEDICAL PROPERTIES TRUST INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MPW as an investment opportunity.
This medical office real estate company has been a disappointment, but could it be a smart value play?
Dividend stocks can be great investments. The best ones generate passive income and provide some stock price appreciation. Marc Rapport (Medical Properties Trust): Medical Properties Trust is one of the world's largest private owners of hospitals and similar properties, with 444 properties and about 44,000 licensed beds in 10 countries.
There's one thing that's not controversial about Medical Properties Trust, though: It offers one of the juiciest dividends you'll find. A good case can be made that buying Medical Properties Trust now would violate the investing axiom to "never try to catch a falling knife." The real estate investment trust (REIT) stock has plunged close to 37% so far this year, with no clear signs of a rebound.
While there are some fine REITs on the market, each of these have a fatal flaw that help lower their grades to an “F” rating.
In this article, we discuss 15 worst performing dividend stocks year-to-date. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance this year, and go directly to read 5 Worst Performing Dividend Stocks YTD. In 2023, dividend-paying stocks have not performed as well as other types of investments because many investors are showing […]
MPW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MPWWant to do more research on Medical Properties Trust Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Medical Properties Trust Inc (MPW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Medical Properties Trust Inc (MPW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Medical Properties Trust Inc (MPW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch