Morgan Stanley (MS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MS POWR Grades
- MS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 72.46% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MS is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 31.56% of US stocks).
MS Stock Summary
- Morgan Stanley's market capitalization of $163,594,545,070 is ahead of 98.61% of US-listed equities.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.07 for Morgan Stanley; that's greater than it is for 93.65% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MS is more volatile than only 13.11% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Morgan Stanley are SCHW, HON, AXP, HSBC, and LIN.
- Visit MS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.morganstanley.com.
MS Valuation Summary
- MS's price/earnings ratio is 13.9; this is 26.36% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
- MS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MS.
MS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -43.94%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 19%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 82.88%.
The table below shows MS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.89% of graded US stocks.
- MS's asset turnover comes in at 0.051 -- ranking 299th of 443 Trading stocks.
- JHG, WY, and DEI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MS.
The table below shows MS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$76.29||52-week high||$109.73|
|Prev. close||$76.06||52-week low||$72.23|
|Day high||$76.86||Avg. volume||10,187,926|
|50-day MA||$80.84||Dividend yield||3.68%|
|200-day MA||$93.12||Market Cap||133.45B|
Morgan Stanley (MS) Company Bio
Morgan Stanley is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered at 1585 Broadway in the Morgan Stanley Building, Midtown Manhattan, New York City. With offices in more than 42 countries and more than 60,000 employees, the firm's clients include corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals. Morgan Stanley ranked No. 67 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MS Latest Social Stream
View Full MS Social Stream
Latest MS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Morgan Stanley that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MS as an investment opportunity.
As we recognize Black History Month, it’s a good time to pause and reflect on the financial gaps that put many diverse Americans at a financial disadvantage. While the work that must be done will be nothing short of tectonic to truly solve these challenges, there are actions we can take in our own individual finances to help us reach our personal goals while also supporting values around diversity. If you’re not sure where to start, here are simple steps to help align your financial choices with your values—whether that means focusing on raising up yourself, your family, or the wider community.
ASD Senior Fellow and illicit finance expert Josh Kirschenbaum joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss strategies the U.S. and European allies could take in imposing additional sanctions on Russia.
(Bloomberg) -- Credit Suisse Group AG, saddled with billions of dollars in losses from the collapse of Archegos Capital Management last year, is trying to help the U.S. Justice Department potentially build a case related to block trading against rivals Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group Inc.Most Read from BloombergRussia Vetoes UN Resolution as China Abstains: Ukraine UpdateTaiwan to Join in U.S.-Led Sanctions on Russia: Ukraine UpdateU.S. Moves to Sanction Putin as Russian Forces Surround K
Morgan Stanley says in a filing that since June 2019 it has been responding to requests for information from the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) said the Department of Justice has requested information regarding its block trading business, according to its 10-K annual filing. The company said that beginning in August 2021, it has been responding to the requests from the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York and...
MS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|