Morgan Stanley (MS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.85% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MS is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- MS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
MS Stock Summary
- MS has a market capitalization of $190,484,175,708 -- more than approximately 98.89% of US stocks.
- For MS, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 84.23% of US equities we're observing.
- MS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 93.13% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WFC, COST, PEP, UPS, and HON.
- MS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Morgan Stanley's official web site, go to www.morganstanley.com.
MS Valuation Summary
- MS's price/earnings ratio is 13.9; this is 26.36% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
- MS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MS.
MS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 80.94%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 127.96%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 145.18%.
The table below shows MS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 27.75% of graded US stocks.
- MS's asset turnover comes in at 0.051 -- ranking 303rd of 457 Trading stocks.
- DEI, DX, and GS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MS.
The table below shows MS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$102.47||52-week high||$105.81|
|Prev. close||$103.04||52-week low||$45.86|
|Day high||$104.17||Avg. volume||10,079,420|
|50-day MA||$99.34||Dividend yield||2.72%|
|200-day MA||$84.23||Market Cap||186.96B|
Morgan Stanley (MS) Company Bio
Morgan Stanley is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered at 1585 Broadway in the Morgan Stanley Building, Midtown Manhattan, New York City. With offices in more than 42 countries and more than 60,000 employees, the firm's clients include corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals. Morgan Stanley ranked No. 67 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MS Latest Social Stream
View Full MS Social Stream
Latest MS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Morgan Stanley that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MS as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Intuit Inc., the maker of TurboTax and QuickBooks software, agreed to buy privately held email marketing firm Mailchimp for $12 billion in cash and stock, uniting two providers of services for small businesses.The deal, announced in a statement Monday that confirmed an earlier Bloomberg News report, will bolster Intuit’s offerings for businesses looking for ways to reach and serve customers online. Intuit has offered QuickBooks accounting software to clients for decades, supplemen
In the latest trading session, Morgan Stanley (MS) closed at $104.40, marking a +0.75% move from the previous day.
Morgan Stanley at Work and Empower Retirement Join Forces to Modernize Workplace Wealth Solutions for Plan Sponsors and Participants
NEW YORK, September 13, 2021--Morgan Stanley at Work announced today a strategic partnership with Empower Retirement that provides a modern, comprehensive workplace retirement offering for employers who want to attract and retain top talent through benefits. The partnership is an expansion of both firms’ long-standing relationship, leveraging Morgan Stanley’s investment services experience and Empower’s comprehensive and leading-edge technology and product and service capabilities.
In this article, we will be taking a look at the 10 best value dividend stocks to buy now. To skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to see the 5 Best Value Dividend Stocks to Buy Now. Value investing, the investment strategy pioneered by American economist Benjamin Graham, and religiously […]
Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman, Julie Hyman, Brian Sozzi, and Brian Cheung discuss President Biden’s vaccine mandate and what it means for businesses.
MS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|