Morgan Stanley (MS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MS POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.97% of US stocks.
- MS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 169 days.
- MS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
MS Stock Summary
- MS has a market capitalization of $181,504,769,147 -- more than approximately 98.77% of US stocks.
- For MS, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 84.24% of US equities we're observing.
- MS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 93.48% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Morgan Stanley, a group of peers worth examining would be SCHW, DHR, NFLX, UPS, and TXN.
- MS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Morgan Stanley's official web site, go to www.morganstanley.com.
MS Valuation Summary
- MS's price/earnings ratio is 13.9; this is 26.36% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
- MS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MS.
MS Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 22.82%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 66.01%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 127.96%.
The table below shows MS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.89% of graded US stocks.
- MS's asset turnover comes in at 0.051 -- ranking 299th of 443 Trading stocks.
- JHG, WY, and DEI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MS.
The table below shows MS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$101.80||52-week high||$106.47|
|Prev. close||$101.15||52-week low||$66.85|
|Day high||$101.92||Avg. volume||13,766,510|
|50-day MA||$99.51||Dividend yield||2.77%|
|200-day MA||$96.19||Market Cap||182.67B|
Morgan Stanley (MS) Company Bio
Morgan Stanley is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered at 1585 Broadway in the Morgan Stanley Building, Midtown Manhattan, New York City. With offices in more than 42 countries and more than 60,000 employees, the firm's clients include corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals. Morgan Stanley ranked No. 67 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MS Latest Social Stream
View Full MS Social Stream
Latest MS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Morgan Stanley that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MS as an investment opportunity.
In a report released yesterday, Eoin Mullany from Berenberg Bank maintained a Hold rating on Morgan Stanley (MS – Research Report), with a price target of $95.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $100.17, close to its 52-week high of $106.47. According to TipRanks.com, Mullany is a 1-star analyst with an average return of -1.3% and a 48.6% success rate. Mullany covers the Financial sector, focusing on stocks such as Intercontinental Exchange, Deutsche Bank AG, and UBS Group AG. Currently, the analyst consensus on Morgan Stanley is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $115.27, which is a 15.1% upside from current levels.
Expected later this year, the IPO would come after a year of explosive growth for the Philadelphia delivery startup.
Raymond James CEO Paul Reilly joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the company's first quarter earnings, the Fed's move to potentially hike interest rates in March, and the outlook for the investment banking industry in 2022.
Muncie, IN, based Investment company First Merchants Corp (Current Portfolio) buys Communication Services Select Sector SPDR Fund, Vanguard Short-Term Corporate Bond ETF, PayPal Holdings Inc, Vanguard Total International Bond ETF, Meta Platforms Inc, sells Ball Corp, Franklin Electric Co Inc, Eli Lilly and Co, Newell Brands Inc, The Walt Disney Co during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, First Merchants Corp.
Apple owns several different product categories.
MS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|