Mesabi Trust (MSB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSB POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MSB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.24% of US stocks.
- MSB's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MSB's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 10.35% of US stocks).
MSB Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.57, Mesabi Trust P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 8.51% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- For MSB, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 0.5% of US equities we're observing.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Mesabi Trust comes in at 210.13%, a number that bests 96.2% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Mesabi Trust are ITIC, SSY, CMCL, DJCO, and FCF.
- Visit MSB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mesabi-trust.com.
MSB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, MSB's price/sales ratio is 469.57% higher, now standing at 13.1.
- MSB's price/sales ratio has moved up 6.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MSB's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSB.
MSB Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 13.5%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 73.77%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -18.55%.
The table below shows MSB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSB has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.84% of graded US stocks.
- MSB's asset turnover comes in at 1.97 -- ranking 5th of 444 Trading stocks.
- MC, GEO, and SEB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSB.
The table below shows MSB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.63||52-week high||$37.36|
|Prev. close||$27.16||52-week low||$20.02|
|Day high||$27.63||Avg. volume||98,253|
|50-day MA||$26.70||Dividend yield||12.16%|
|200-day MA||$26.36||Market Cap||362.51M|
Mesabi Trust (MSB) Company Bio
Mesabi Trust engages in the collection and distribution of royalties and payment of expenses and liabilities. It holds interest in Peter Mitchell iron mine located near Babbitt and in Silver Bay, Minnesota. The company was founded on July 18, 1961 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSB Latest Social Stream
View Full MSB Social Stream
Latest MSB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mesabi Trust that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSB as an investment opportunity.
Mesabi Trust (MSB) confirms Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) plans to idle all operations at Northshore Mining from this spring to at least fall 2022; units plunged 27.5% on Friday when…
Investment company AdvisorNet Financial, Inc (Current Portfolio) buys Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets ETF, iShares J.P.
NEW YORK, January 10, 2022--Distribution Announcement The Trustees of Mesabi Trust (NYSE:MSB) declared a distribution of One Dollar and seventy-five cents ($1.75) per Unit of Beneficial Interest payable on February 20, 2022 to Mesabi Trust Unitholders of record at the close of business on January 30, 2022. This compares to a distribution of forty-six cents ($0.46) per Unit for the same period last year.
Mesabi Trust (MSB) +13.15%, Largo Resources (LGO) +12.15%, Amyris (AMRS) -19.40%, Zymergen (ZY) -14.95%
Dawson James analyst Jason Kolbert maintained a Buy rating on Mesabi Shs (MSB – Research Report) on November 15 and set a price target of $20.00. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $28.67. According to TipRanks.com, Kolbert has currently 0 stars on a ranking scale of 0-5 stars, with an average return of -7.6% and a 35.5% success rate. Kolbert covers the Healthcare sector, focusing on stocks such as Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics, Citius Pharmaceuticals, and Sorrento Therapeutics. Mesabi Shs has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $20.00. See the top stocks recommended by analysts >> Mesabi Shs' market cap is currently $376.
MSB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|