Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp (MSGE): Price and Financial Metrics
MSGE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.39||52-week high||$39.19|
|Prev. close||$35.04||52-week low||$28.09|
|Day high||$36.12||Avg. volume||365,487|
|50-day MA||$0.00||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$0.00||Market Cap||1.59B|
MSGE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSGE POWR Grades
- MSGE scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 77.15% of US stocks.
- MSGE's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 158 days.
- MSGE ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
MSGE Stock Summary
- MADISON SQUARE GARDEN ENTERTAINMENT CORP's stock had its IPO on April 9, 2020, making it an older stock than merely 15.21% of US equities in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for MADISON SQUARE GARDEN ENTERTAINMENT CORP comes in at 105.18%, a number that bests 93.55% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- MADISON SQUARE GARDEN ENTERTAINMENT CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -28.02%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 15.15% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MADISON SQUARE GARDEN ENTERTAINMENT CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be CULL, MEI, PPBI, MLI, and AX.
- Visit MSGE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.msgentertainment.com.
MSGE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, MSGE's price/sales ratio is 38.89% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- MSGE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 449.8 over the prior 37 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSGE.
MSGE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSGE has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 1.91% of graded US stocks.
- MSGE's asset turnover comes in at 0.045 -- ranking 41st of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows MSGE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp (MSGE) Company Bio
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp provides broadcasting services. The Company offers live streaming of sports and other entertainment programs. Madison Square Garden Entertainment serves customers worldwide.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSGE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSGE Latest Social Stream
View Full MSGE Social Stream
Latest MSGE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MADISON SQUARE GARDEN ENTERTAINMENT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSGE as an investment opportunity.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment stock surges on Q3 earnings
The Yahoo Finance Live team discusses the surge in Madison Square Garden Entertainment stock after the company's Q3 earnings report, its first earnings report as a standalone company, and the company's revenue.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. to Host Fiscal 2023 Third Quarter Conference Call
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (NYSE: MSGE) ("MSG Entertainment") will host a conference call to discuss results for its fiscal third quarter ended March 31, 2023 on Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time. This will mark the first quarter that MSG Entertainment will report financial results as a standalone company, following its spin-off from Sphere Entertainment Co. (NYSE: SPHR), which was completed on April 20, 2023. The Company will issue a press release reporting its re
How Individual Investors can beat out Warren Buffett
Warren Buffett’s reputation as a legendary investor earned him swarms of fans looking for advice on how to become the next Buffett, but his value investing strategy isn’t too complicated. In an interview with Yahoo Finance’s Rachelle Akuffo, Jonathan Boyar, President of Boyar’s Intrinsic Value Research, said retail investors have an advantage over ‘The Oracle of Omaha.’ “Berkshire, because of its size, can’t buy small-cap stocks and that’s the cheapest area of the market,” said Boyar, “So individual investors have a big leg up on buffet in that regard as there are plenty of stocks selling at significantly below intrinsic." When asked for his top picks among the small-caps, Boyar says the following are attractive: 1. The Howard Hughes Corporation (HHC) 2. Levi Strauss & Co. (LEVI) 3. Mad...
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. Completes Spin-Off from Sphere Entertainment Co.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (NYSE: MSGE) (the "Company" or "MSG Entertainment") (formerly MSGE Spinco, Inc.) today announced that it has completed its spin-off from Sphere Entertainment Co. (NYSE: SPHR) ("Sphere Entertainment") (formerly Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp.) and will begin trading today on the NYSE under the ticker symbol "MSGE."
Sphere Entertainment Co. Completes Spin-Off of Traditional Live Entertainment Businesses
NEW YORK, April 21, 2023--Sphere Entertainment Co. (NYSE: SPHR) (the "Company" or "Sphere Entertainment") today announced that it has completed the spin-off of its traditional live entertainment businesses and changed its name from Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. to Sphere Entertainment Co. and will begin trading today on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol "SPHR." The newly-formed live entertainment company, which will take on the name Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. ("MSG
MSGE Price Returns
Loading social stream, please wait...