Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSGS): Price and Financial Metrics
MSGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$179.32||52-week high||$209.82|
|Prev. close||$178.49||52-week low||$136.61|
|Day high||$179.93||Avg. volume||138,083|
|50-day MA||$192.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$173.61||Market Cap||4.28B|
MSGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSGS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MSGS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.46% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSGS is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MSGS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 18.3% of US stocks).
MSGS Stock Summary
- MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SPORTS CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than just 3.99% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -5.1 for MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SPORTS CORP; that's greater than it is for merely 3.4% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, MSGS has reported earnings growth of 230.62%, putting it ahead of 93.74% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SPORTS CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be ESNT, NWPX, CMC, MTG, and TTEK.
- Visit MSGS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.msgsports.com.
MSGS Valuation Summary
- MSGS's price/sales ratio is 4.7; this is 161.11% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 93 months, MSGS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 156.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSGS.
MSGS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -42.99%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -277.9%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -95.2%.
The table below shows MSGS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSGS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSGS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 68.99% of graded US stocks.
- MSGS's asset turnover comes in at 0.324 -- ranking 24th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- SEAS, CPHC, and MCS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSGS.
The table below shows MSGS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSGS) Company Bio
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. provides entertainment services. The Company arranges various types of programs and events such as musical shows, sports, and theatricals programs. Madison Square Garden Sports serves customers in the State of New York.
MSGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSGS Latest Social Stream
View Full MSGS Social Stream
Latest MSGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SPORTS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSGS as an investment opportunity.
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SPORTS CORP. REPORTS FISCAL 2023 THIRD QUARTER RESULTS
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (NYSE: MSGS) today reported financial results for the fiscal third quarter ended March 31, 2023.
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. to Release Fiscal 2023 Third Quarter Results
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (NYSE: MSGS) will issue a press release on Thursday, May 4, 2023 before the market opens reporting results for its fiscal third quarter ended March 31, 2023.
Will Marcus (MCS) Report Negative Earnings Next Week? What You Should Know
Marcus (MCS) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
3 Reasons the UFC-WWE Merger Makes Absolutely No Sense
The UFC-WWE merger might be a $21 billion sports and entertainment company, but a closer look says it makes no sense.
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. and NRG Announce Combination of Counter Logic Gaming with NRG to Create Leading Esports Company
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (NYSE: MSGS) ("MSG Sports") and NRG, a professional gaming and entertainment company, today announced the combination of Counter Logic Gaming ("CLG") with NRG. As a result of the transaction, MSG Sports, which previously owned a controlling interest in CLG, now owns a noncontrolling equity interest in the larger, combined NRG/CLG company.
MSGS Price Returns
Loading social stream, please wait...