Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSGS POWR Grades
- MSGS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 97.75% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSGS is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MSGS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 13.95% of US stocks).
MSGS Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for MSGS is currently 410.59, higher than 98.72% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -5.82 for Madison Square Garden Sports Corp; that's greater than it is for only 2.53% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MSGS's revenue has grown -513.24% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 0.09% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Madison Square Garden Sports Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be AZEK, NOV, G, VC, and KE.
- MSGS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Madison Square Garden Sports Corp's official web site, go to www.msgsports.com.
MSGS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, MSGS's price/earnings ratio is 1703.61% lower, now standing at -311.1.
- Over the past 72 months, MSGS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 200.6.
- Over the past 72 months, MSGS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 48.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSGS.
MSGS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSGS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 68.99% of graded US stocks.
- MSGS's asset turnover comes in at 0.324 -- ranking 24th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- SEAS, CPHC, and MCS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSGS.
The table below shows MSGS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$151.08||52-week high||$203.37|
|Prev. close||$153.72||52-week low||$145.41|
|Day high||$156.97||Avg. volume||115,073|
|50-day MA||$160.17||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$172.68||Market Cap||3.66B|
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSGS) Company Bio
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. provides entertainment services. The Company arranges various types of programs and events such as musical shows, sports, and theatricals programs. Madison Square Garden Sports serves customers in the State of New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSGS Latest Social Stream
View Full MSGS Social Stream
Latest MSGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Madison Square Garden Sports Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSGS as an investment opportunity.
Digital Fitness Coaching Company Future Named Official Fitness Coaching Partner of the New York Knicks
NEW YORK, February 16, 2022--Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (NYSE: MSGS) announced today a marketing partnership with digital fitness coaching service Future, naming the leading personal training app an Official Fitness Coaching Partner of the New York Knicks.
Stocks, especially the once high flying technology stocks, had a lousy start to the new year. QQQ lost 9% of its value in January.
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (NYSE: MSGS) today reported financial results for the fiscal second quarter ended December 31, 2021. The New York Knicks (Knicks) and New York Rangers (Rangers) began their 2021-22 regular seasons in October, which include full season schedules and no capacity restrictions at the Madison Square Garden Arena ("The Garden"). The Company is seeing positive results across its key revenue lines driven by robust consumer and corporate
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSGS) CEO Andy Lustgarten on Q2 2022 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
No summary available.
Madison Square Garden (NYSE:MSGS) is scheduled to announce FQ2 earnings results on Thursday, February 3rd, before market open. The consensus EPS Estimate is $0.92 (+154.8% Y/Y) and the consensus Revenue Estimate is $295.61M (+927.5% Y/Y). Over the last 3 months, EPS estimates have seen 2 upward revisions and 2 downward....
MSGS Price Returns