Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSGS POWR Grades
- MSGS scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 94.17% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSGS is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MSGS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
MSGS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MSGS is -4.77 -- better than merely 2.95% of US stocks.
- MSGS's current price/earnings ratio is 89, which is higher than 94.2% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -7.53 for MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SPORTS CORP; that's greater than it is for only 2.8% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSGS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ELF, AZEK, STEP, SKIN, and PCYO.
- Visit MSGS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.msgsports.com.
MSGS Valuation Summary
- MSGS's EV/EBIT ratio is 61.4; this is 348.18% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- MSGS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 200.3 over the prior 90 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSGS.
MSGS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 151.43%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -95.76%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 4.13%.
The table below shows MSGS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSGS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSGS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 68.99% of graded US stocks.
- MSGS's asset turnover comes in at 0.324 -- ranking 24th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- SEAS, CPHC, and MCS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSGS.
The table below shows MSGS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$183.60||52-week high||$186.49|
|Prev. close||$181.84||52-week low||$136.61|
|Day high||$183.69||Avg. volume||160,552|
|50-day MA||$171.51||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$159.68||Market Cap||4.47B|
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSGS) Company Bio
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. provides entertainment services. The Company arranges various types of programs and events such as musical shows, sports, and theatricals programs. Madison Square Garden Sports serves customers in the State of New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSGS Latest Social Stream
View Full MSGS Social Stream
Latest MSGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SPORTS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSGS as an investment opportunity.
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (NYSE: MSGS) announced today a multi-year marketing partnership with MSC Cruises, naming one of the world's largest cruise brands the Official Cruise Line Partner of the New York Knicks. Through the partnership, MSC Cruises will receive significant brand promotion during all Knicks games at The Garden including LED Signage and Virtual On-Court Signage. MSC Cruises will also serve as the Presenting Partner of the Knicks in-game T-Shirt Toss.
One big plus should come with the new NBA TV contract after the 2024-25 season—it could be at least double the current one.
Jefferies analyst David Katz reiterated a Buy rating on Madison Square Garden Sports (MSGS - Research Report) yesterday and set a price target of $232.00. The company's shares closed yesterday at $156.61.According to TipRanks, Katz is a 4-star analyst with an average return of 6.0% and a 44.44% success rate. Katz covers the Services sector, focusing on stocks such as Six Flags, Las Vegas Sands, and Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation.Currently, the analyst consensus on Madison Square Garden Sports is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $218.50.
Monster Energy Named Official Energy Drink Partner of the New York Rangers and Madison Square Garden
NEW YORK, October 27, 2022--Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (NYSE: MSGS) (MSG Sports) and Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (NYSE: MSGE) (MSG Entertainment) announced today a marketing partnership with Monster Energy, naming the leading marketer of energy drinks and alternative beverages the Official Energy Drink Partner of the New York Rangers and Madison Square Garden.
NEW YORK, October 27, 2022--Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (NYSE: MSGS) today reported financial results for the fiscal first quarter ended September 30, 2022.
MSGS Price Returns