Meritor, Inc. (MTOR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTOR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MTOR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MTOR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MTOR ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
MTOR Stock Summary
- Meritor Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.92% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.64, Meritor Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 15.2% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MTOR comes in at 15.25% -- higher than that of 88.78% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Meritor Inc are HEES, PRAA, FRG, CMLS, and REYN.
- Visit MTOR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.meritor.com.
MTOR Valuation Summary
- MTOR's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 64.29% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- MTOR's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MTOR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTOR.
MTOR Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 416%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 32.79%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -20.73%.
The table below shows MTOR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTOR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MTOR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.69% of graded US stocks.
- MTOR's asset turnover comes in at 1.215 -- ranking 23rd of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- ALSN, CVGI, and OSK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MTOR.
The table below shows MTOR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MTOR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTOR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.28||52-week high||$36.34|
|Prev. close||$36.33||52-week low||$20.50|
|Day high||$36.31||Avg. volume||1,365,866|
|50-day MA||$36.05||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$29.86||Market Cap||2.57B|
Meritor, Inc. (MTOR) Company Bio
Meritor Inc. is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. The company was founded in 1921 and is based in Troy, Michigan.
Most Popular Stories View All
MTOR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTOR Latest Social Stream
View Full MTOR Social Stream
Latest MTOR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Meritor Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTOR as an investment opportunity.
Meritor, Inc. -- Moody's places Meritor, Inc.'s ratings under review for upgrade following announced acquisition by Cummins, Inc.
The Speculative Grade Liquidity Rating is unchanged at SGL-2.The rating action follows Cummins, Inc.'s (Cummins) announcement to acquire Meritor for a total transaction value of approximately $3.7 billion, including assumed debt and net of acquired cash. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, receipt of applicable regulatory approvals and Meritor shareholder approval and targeted to close by the end of 2022.Cummins' plan for Meritor's existing debt is yet to be determined, however Moody's believes that all of the outstanding debt of Meritor will be repaid at transaction close, at which time Moody's would withdraw Meritor's ratings.The review for upgrade reflects Moody's expectation that if the acquisition is completed, Meritor will become a key contributor to a lar...
Cummins, Inc. -- Moody's says Cummins' acquisition of Meritor is credit negative but does not affect ratings
Announcement: Moody's says Cummins' acquisition of Meritor is credit negative but does not affect ratingsGlobal Credit Research - 23 Feb 2022New York, February 23, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody"s) said that Cummins, Inc.'s acquisition of Meritor, Inc., a leading supplier of axles and brakes for commercial vehicles, including axles for electric powertrain solutions, is credit negative. For any credit ratings referenced in this publication, please see the ratings tab on the issuer/entity page on www.moodys.com for the most updated credit rating action information and rating history.
To drive powertrain technology and give a push to electric and hybrid vehicle parts, Cummins (CMI) is set to acquire Meritor (MTOR).
A new Macy's (M) stock dividend has been announced and investors in the company will see a pretty penny when payouts take place!
Meritor (MTOR) stock is on the move today as investors react to news about a $3.7 billion acquisition deal with Cummins (CMI).
MTOR Price Returns