New Relic, Inc. (NEWR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NEWR POWR Grades
- NEWR scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 67.02% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NEWR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- NEWR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.06% of US stocks).
NEWR Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for New Relic Inc is higher than 86.86% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, NEWR has reported earnings growth of 155.23%, putting it ahead of 89.14% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of New Relic Inc's share price is greater than that of just 18.17% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to New Relic Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be YEXT, SVMK, MC, ARLO, and EGHT.
- NEWR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit New Relic Inc's official web site, go to www.newrelic.com.
NEWR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEWR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.29||52-week high||$81.10|
|Prev. close||$56.64||52-week low||$51.52|
|Day high||$61.38||Avg. volume||827,529|
|50-day MA||$61.79||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$62.65||Market Cap||3.74B|
New Relic, Inc. (NEWR) Company Bio
New Relic Inc. provides software analytics products worldwide. The companys cloud-based platform and suite of products enables organizations to collect, store, and analyze massive amounts of software data in real time. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in San Francisco, California.
NEWR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NEWR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that New Relic Inc ranked in the 92th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of New Relic Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of New Relic Inc over the past 3.51 years is 1.79%; that's higher than 91.51% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Technology sector.
- New Relic Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than just 23.95% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- New Relic Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -5.46. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 11.56% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NEWR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEWR Latest Social Stream
View Full NEWR Social Stream
Latest NEWR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about New Relic Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEWR as an investment opportunity.
New Relic stock fell after the company reported earnings and announced that founder and CEO Lew Cirne is stepping down, though he will remain actively involved in the company.
New Relic, Inc. (NYSE: NEWR), the observability company, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full fiscal year 2021 ended March 31, 2021. The company also announced the promotion of Bill Staples to Chief Executive Officer, effective July 1, 2021. Mr. Staples will succeed founder and Chief Executive Officer, Lew Cirne, who will transition to Executive Chairman of the Board at the same time.
New Relic, Inc. (NYSE: NEWR), the observability company, announced the promotion of Bill Staples to CEO effective July 1, 2021. Staples will succeed Founder & CEO Lew Cirne who will transition to Executive Chairman of the Board at the same time. Cirne will continue his lifelong legacy and passion for his love of software as an inventor, technologist and strategist, further driving transformational innovation for the company, its customers and the tech community at large. Current Chair of the Board Hope Cochran will continue on as Vice Chair of the Board and Lead Independent Director for New Relic.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 13, 2021 / New Relic, Inc. (NYSE:NEWR) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 13, 2021 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
Why software's subscription model is 'dying' and usage-based pricing is the 'next wave' for cloud services
Summary List Placement The shift away from buying boxed software to subscriptions was one of the biggest innovations of the cloud era to-date, but there's a new model that's winning converts and disrupting the status quo. Usage-based pricing, where companies charge customers based on their precise usage — like their per-second compute power consumption or their exact amount of storage — has been gaining steam. It's a vastly different approach from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model, popularized in Silicon Valley over the past decade and used by software heavyweights like Adobe, Salesforce, Slack, and Zoom, where companies charge customers per user every month or every year. Snowflake, Twilio, and Stripe — as well as cloud providers Amazon, Microsoft, and Google — were some of usage-...
NEWR Price Returns