Owens-Illinois, Inc. (OI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OI POWR Grades
- OI scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for OI is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- OI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 22.08% of US stocks).
OI Stock Summary
- O-I Glass Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.64% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of O-I Glass Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.38% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 26.55 for O-I Glass Inc; that's greater than it is for 98.41% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to O-I Glass Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be OEC, HUN, GCP, IGT, and SOL.
- OI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit O-I Glass Inc's official web site, go to www.o-i.com.
OI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, OI's price/sales ratio is 71.43% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- OI's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
- OI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 8.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OI.
OI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 7.86%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -5.36%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 4.53%.
The table below shows OI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.78% of graded US stocks.
- OI's asset turnover comes in at 0.713 -- ranking 8th of 11 Shipping Containers stocks.
- WRK, DYSL, and GEF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OI.
The table below shows OI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.53||52-week high||$19.46|
|Prev. close||$15.10||52-week low||$9.10|
|Day high||$15.11||Avg. volume||1,323,488|
|50-day MA||$14.96||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.66||Market Cap||2.29B|
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (OI) Company Bio
Owens-Illinois manufactures and sells glass container products to food and beverage manufacturers primarily in Europe, North America, South America, and the Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 1903 and is based in Perrysburg, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
OI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OI Latest Social Stream
View Full OI Social Stream
Latest OI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about O-I Glass Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OI as an investment opportunity.
PERRYSBURG, Ohio, Sept. 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE O-I Glass, Inc. (NYSE: OI) announced today that it will host its 2021 Virtual Investor Day on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. ET to approximately 12:00 p.m. ET. Please join the O-I Glass global leadership team as the company discusses its ongoing transformation, MAGMA and future targets and milestones. To register for the live event and/or replay of the event, please access the following link: https://onlinexpe
Report details progress against ambitious 2030 sustainability goals and leadership
Written by Allen Mireles
Solid demand for glass packaging, its margin expansion efforts and upbeat growth projections, and share performance ahead of the industry are some of the factors that make O-I Glass (OI) a worthy investment option.
Lightweight. Source reduction. Less fuel during transportation. We’ve all heard these attributes associated with sustainability marketing claims, or justifications for changing packaging materials.
OI Price Returns