Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. (OPTT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OPTT POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where OPTT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for OPTT is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- OPTT ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
OPTT Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 92.17, Ocean Power Technologies Inc has a higher such ratio than 96.44% of stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Ocean Power Technologies Inc's share price is greater than that of 93.09% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Ocean Power Technologies Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -66.84%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 4.03% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Ocean Power Technologies Inc are CSGS, ASTC, PCTI, THRM, and SIGA.
- OPTT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ocean Power Technologies Inc's official web site, go to www.oceanpowertechnologies.com.
OPTT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, OPTT's EV/EBIT ratio is 108.7% lower, now standing at -1.9.
- OPTT's price/sales ratio has moved down 10.7 over the prior 175 months.
- OPTT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 18.2 over the prior 175 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OPTT.
OPTT Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 6.73%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -11.07%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 21.15%.
The table below shows OPTT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OPTT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OPTT has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 4.93% of graded US stocks.
- OPTT's asset turnover comes in at 0.024 -- ranking 103rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- TRGP, WTRG, and SR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OPTT.
The table below shows OPTT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OPTT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OPTT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.30||52-week high||$7.30|
|Prev. close||$2.22||52-week low||$0.91|
|Day high||$2.35||Avg. volume||4,680,949|
|50-day MA||$2.02||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.79||Market Cap||120.65M|
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. (OPTT) Company Bio
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. manufactures equipment that generates electricity from the motion of ocean waves. The Company develops wave energy technology and converts ocean waves energy into electricity. Ocean Power Technologies serves customers worldwide.
Most Popular Stories View All
OPTT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OPTT Latest Social Stream
View Full OPTT Social Stream
Latest OPTT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ocean Power Technologies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OPTT as an investment opportunity.
Investor Conference Call and Webcast on September 14, 2021, at 11:00 A.M. ETMONROE TOWNSHIP, N.J., Sept. 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. ("OPT" or "the Company") (NYSE American: OPTT), a leader in innovative and cost-effective low-carbon marine power, data, and service solutions, today announced financial results for its first quarter, ended July 31, 2021. Recent Operational Highlights Received a U.S. Department of Energy Small Business Innovation Research award to st
Ocean Power Technologies Announces DOE Award Supporting Development of Next Generation Wave Energy Converter Concept
MONROE TOWNSHIP, N.J., Aug. 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. ("OPT" or "the Company") (NYSE American: OPTT), a leader in innovative and cost-effective low-carbon ocean energy solutions, today announced that the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) selected the Company to further the development of a next-generation wave energy converter.
In this article, we discuss the 10 penny stocks Redditors are buying in August. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Penny Stocks Redditors are Buying in August. Retail investors, who use internet platforms like Reddit for stock research purposes, now control close to one-fifth of […]
Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) provides marine energy, data, and service solutions. Its PowerBuoy platform caters to diverse markets, including offshore oil and gas, defense and security, science and research, and offshore wind. Let’s take a look at the company's financial performance and what has changed in its key risk factors that investors should know. The company reported flat Q4 revenue at $0.6 million. For Fiscal Year 2021, revenue dropped 28% year-over-year to $1.2 million. The drop was because of project delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The company incurred higher costs owing to increased engineering, product development, general and administrative expenses, along with expenses resulting from project delays.
Earnings results for Ocean Power Technologies , Analyst Opinion on Ocean Power Technologies , Earnings and Valuation of (NASDAQ:OPTT), Stock market Insights & financial analysis, Best stock to invest, Investment Idea, The post Is it time to Buy before this weeks earning report Ocean Power Technologies (NASDAQ:OPTT) appeared first on .
OPTT Price Returns
Continue Researching OPTTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Ocean Power Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Ocean Power Technologies Inc (OPTT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ocean Power Technologies Inc (OPTT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ocean Power Technologies Inc (OPTT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch