Children's Place Inc. (PLCE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PLCE POWR Grades
- PLCE scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.39% of US stocks.
- PLCE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- PLCE ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
PLCE Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for PLCE is 9.82 -- better than 96.59% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.5, CHILDRENS PLACE INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 7.38% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- PLCE's price/sales ratio is 0.24; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 7.05% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CHILDRENS PLACE INC are GRPN, CWK, ABM, FORR, and HONE.
- PLCE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHILDRENS PLACE INC's official web site, go to www.childrensplace.com.
PLCE Valuation Summary
- PLCE's EV/EBIT ratio is 5.4; this is 53.45% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PLCE's price/earnings ratio has gone down 2.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PLCE.
PLCE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 8.18%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -62.68%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 118.9%.
The table below shows PLCE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PLCE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PLCE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.19% of graded US stocks.
- PLCE's asset turnover comes in at 1.519 -- ranking 76th of 165 Retail stocks.
- DBI, BBWI, and BBY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PLCE.
The table below shows PLCE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PLCE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PLCE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.89||52-week high||$113.50|
|Prev. close||$31.54||52-week low||$29.20|
|Day high||$32.42||Avg. volume||487,834|
|50-day MA||$42.15||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$52.43||Market Cap||402.43M|
Children's Place Inc. (PLCE) Company Bio
Childrens Place Inc. operates as a children's specialty apparel retailer, selling apparel, accessories, footwear, and other items for children. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Secaucus, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
PLCE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PLCE Latest Social Stream
View Full PLCE Social Stream
Latest PLCE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHILDRENS PLACE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PLCE as an investment opportunity.
In the stock market, there are essentially two reasons stocks go up. This is known as multiple expansion when a valuation multiple, such as a price-to-earnings ratio (P/E) expands, and multiple compression when it goes down. Because of multiple expansion, it's much easier for a cheap stock to outperform an expensive stock, assuming they are otherwise comparable, so it makes sense for investors to look for cheap stocks, especially at a time like this when so many stocks are down sharply.
The Children's Place (PLCE) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Interested investors should do further due diligence to narrow down the vast universe of small-cap stocks to buy
Kris Jenner, Khloé Kardashian, and True Thompson Celebrate the Holidays with The Children's Place for a Second Year, and now with Dream Kardashian!
The Children's Place, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLCE), the largest pure-play children's specialty retailer in North America, today announced the launch of The Children's Place 2022 Holiday Matching Family Pajama Collection campaign featuring Kris Jenner, Khloé Kardashian, True Thompson, and Dream Kardashian. Kris, Khloé and True appeared in the 2021 holiday campaign and this year the focus is on bringing loved ones together to celebrate cherished family traditions, make new holiday memories and share the jo
The Children's Place, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLCE), the largest pure-play children's specialty retailer in North America, today announced an exciting holiday collaboration between actress, singer, philanthropist, and mom, Mandy Moore, and their iconic Gymboree brand. Gymboree is thrilled to announce Moore's return as an ambassador for its Holiday 2022 campaign.
PLCE Price Returns