Children's Place, Inc. (The) (PLCE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PLCE POWR Grades
- PLCE scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.43% of US stocks.
- PLCE's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 163 days.
- PLCE ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
PLCE Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for PLCE is 8.46 -- better than 96.48% of US stocks.
- PLCE's current price/earnings ratio is 5.91, which is higher than just 9.33% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, PLCE has reported earnings growth of -225.62%, putting it ahead of just 8.68% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Childrens Place Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be DUOT, MCFT, RCII, CVGW, and WNC.
- PLCE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Childrens Place Inc's official web site, go to www.childrensplace.com.
PLCE Valuation Summary
- PLCE's EV/EBIT ratio is 47.5; this is 184.43% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- PLCE's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, PLCE's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PLCE.
PLCE Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -1.54%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -20.38%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.99%.
The table below shows PLCE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PLCE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PLCE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.19% of graded US stocks.
- PLCE's asset turnover comes in at 1.519 -- ranking 76th of 165 Retail stocks.
- DBI, BBWI, and BBY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PLCE.
The table below shows PLCE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PLCE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PLCE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.80||52-week high||$113.50|
|Prev. close||$63.09||52-week low||$60.47|
|Day high||$69.60||Avg. volume||402,211|
|50-day MA||$83.95||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$86.55||Market Cap||973.74M|
Children's Place, Inc. (The) (PLCE) Company Bio
Childrens Place Inc. operates as a children's specialty apparel retailer, selling apparel, accessories, footwear, and other items for children. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Secaucus, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
PLCE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PLCE Latest Social Stream
View Full PLCE Social Stream
Latest PLCE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Childrens Place Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PLCE as an investment opportunity.
Los Angeles, CA, based Investment company Guild Investment Management, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys The Mosaic Co, ProShares S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats ETF, General Motors Co, Ares Acquisition Corp, Vanguard S&P 500 ETF, sells ProShares UltraShort S&P500, PowerShares UltraShort Lehman 20+ Year Treasury Pr, Cognyte Software, Cognyte Software, VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Guild Investment Manage
Finding a business that has the potential to grow substantially is not easy, but it is possible if we look at a few key...
The Children's Place (PLCE) closed at $72.72 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.37% move from the prior day.
Tapestry (TPR) has been benefiting from the effective implementation of the Acceleration Program.
2021 was a banner year for The Children's Place (NASDAQ: PLCE), as shares in the children's apparel retailer jumped 58% according to data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. Children's Place came into the year looking undervalued after sluggish sales during 2020, and the stock surged nearly 50% in January even though there was no major news out on the company; investors seemed to anticipate strong sales following signs of an e-commerce boom during the holidays.
PLCE Price Returns