Children's Place Inc. (PLCE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PLCE POWR Grades
- PLCE scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 94.41% of US stocks.
- PLCE's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- PLCE ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
PLCE Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for PLCE is 8.3 -- better than 95.78% of US stocks.
- PLCE's current price/earnings ratio is 6.48, which is higher than merely 14.94% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.33, CHILDRENS PLACE INC has a higher such ratio than only 8.75% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHILDRENS PLACE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be GRPN, BBSI, KFRC, SCSC, and CWK.
- PLCE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHILDRENS PLACE INC's official web site, go to www.childrensplace.com.
PLCE Valuation Summary
- PLCE's EV/EBIT ratio is 8; this is 41.61% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- PLCE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PLCE.
PLCE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -2.29%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -24.64%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -57.23%.
The table below shows PLCE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PLCE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PLCE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.19% of graded US stocks.
- PLCE's asset turnover comes in at 1.519 -- ranking 76th of 165 Retail stocks.
- DBI, BBWI, and BBY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PLCE.
The table below shows PLCE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PLCE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PLCE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.85||52-week high||$74.10|
|Prev. close||$46.66||52-week low||$29.20|
|Day high||$45.14||Avg. volume||396,247|
|50-day MA||$38.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$41.34||Market Cap||548.43M|
Children's Place Inc. (PLCE) Company Bio
Childrens Place Inc. operates as a children's specialty apparel retailer, selling apparel, accessories, footwear, and other items for children. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Secaucus, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
PLCE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PLCE Latest Social Stream
View Full PLCE Social Stream
Latest PLCE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHILDRENS PLACE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PLCE as an investment opportunity.
The Children's Place, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLCE), the largest pure-play children's specialty retailer in North America, today announced Gymboree's Spring 2023 campaign featuring their 2023 Brand Ambassador, Mandy Moore, her two young sons, Gus and Ozzie, and her husband, Taylor Goldsmith. This campaign marks the third-consecutive season that Gymboree has collaborated with actress, singer and philanthropist, Mandy Moore.
The Children's Place Teams up with Eli Manning, Shaun O'Hara, Justin Tuck, Emmanuel Sanders, Brian Westbrook & Their Families, Scoring a Touchdown with its Spring 2023 Campaign
The Children's Place, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLCE), the largest pure-play children's specialty retailer in North America, today announced its Spring 2023 Campaign, featuring legendary football players Eli Manning, Shaun O'Hara, Justin Tuck, Emmanuel Sanders, Brian Westbrook and their families.
To find a multi-bagger stock, what are the underlying trends we should look for in a business? Ideally, a business will...
The Children's Place, Inc. ( NASDAQ:PLCE ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw a significant share price rise...
Hibbett (HIBB) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
PLCE Price Returns