Resolute Forest Products Inc. (RFP): Price and Financial Metrics
RFP Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.47, Resolute Forest Products Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 6.65% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.12, Resolute Forest Products Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 3.7% of stocks in our set.
- Resolute Forest Products Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 96.03%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.57% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Resolute Forest Products Inc are CPLG, APRN, CCR, USX, and LPI.
- RFP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Resolute Forest Products Inc's official web site, go to www.resolutefp.com.
RFP Stock Price Chart More Charts
RFP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.08||52-week high||$8.59|
|Prev. close||$3.13||52-week low||$3.01|
|Day high||$3.16||Avg. volume||419,341|
|50-day MA||$3.84||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$4.94||Market Cap||366.83M|
Resolute Forest Products Inc. (RFP) Company Bio
Resolute Forest Products offers offers products, including newsprint, specialty papers, market pulp and wood products. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Montréal, Canada.
RFP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Resolute Forest Products Inc. To summarize, we found that Resolute Forest Products Inc ranked in the 98st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. As the table below shows, the model suggests the stock is dramatically undervalued -- investors should note, though, that such returns are always unlikely and not to be expected. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Resolute Forest Products Inc ended up being:
- 37% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 13.03% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Resolute Forest Products Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 6%; for context, that number is higher than merely 1.11% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Resolute Forest Products Inc experienced a tax rate of about 33% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than 94.03% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|