Resolute Forest Products Inc. (RFP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RFP POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where RFP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.99% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RFP is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- RFP's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 48.25% of US stocks).
RFP Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.93, RESOLUTE FOREST PRODUCTS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 6.47% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for RFP is currently 2.54, higher than just 9.48% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of RESOLUTE FOREST PRODUCTS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 9.7% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to RESOLUTE FOREST PRODUCTS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be DLPN, CGC, ARLP, X, and GREE.
- Visit RFP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.resolutefp.com.
RFP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, RFP's price/sales ratio is 80% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- RFP's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 147 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RFP.
RFP Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -56.7%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 25%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 390.91%.
The table below shows RFP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RFP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RFP has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.11% of graded US stocks.
- RFP's asset turnover comes in at 0.939 -- ranking 10th of 20 Business Supplies stocks.
- IP, MERC, and AVY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RFP.
The table below shows RFP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RFP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RFP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.90||52-week high||$21.98|
|Prev. close||$21.77||52-week low||$11.03|
|Day high||$21.98||Avg. volume||529,188|
|50-day MA||$21.29||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$19.02||Market Cap||1.68B|
Resolute Forest Products Inc. (RFP) Company Bio
Resolute Forest Products offers offers products, including newsprint, specialty papers, market pulp and wood products. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Montréal, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
RFP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RFP Latest Social Stream
View Full RFP Social Stream
Latest RFP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about RESOLUTE FOREST PRODUCTS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RFP as an investment opportunity.
The Paper Excellence Group (the "Group"), through its wholly-owned subsidiary Domtar Corporation ("Domtar"), a global diversified manufacturer of pulp and specialty, printing, writing, and packaging papers, and Resolute Forest Products Inc. ("Resolute") (NYSE: RFP) (TSX: RFP), a global forest products company, jointly announced that the Canadian Commissioner of Competition has entered into a consent agreement regarding the parties' business combination. Once the combination has been finalized, D
We will take a look at the 15 biggest lumber companies in the world. To skip our analysis of the recent market trends, you can go directly to see the 5 Biggest Lumber Companies in the World. Lumber is sawn wood that has been converted into beams, planks, or boards, through wood production. It is […]
Resolute Forest Products Inc. (NYSE: RFP) (TSX: RFP) today reported net income of $87 million, or $1.11 per diluted share, for the quarter ended September 30, compared to net income of $80 million, or $0.99 per diluted share, in the same period in 2021. Sales were $974 million in the quarter, an increase of $157 million from the year-ago period. Excluding special items, the company reported net income of $85 million, or $1.08 per diluted share, compared to net income of $67 million, or $0.84 per
Stockholders of Resolute Forest Products Inc. ("Resolute" or the "company") (NYSE: RFP) (TSX: RFP) today approved a proposal to adopt the Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated as of July 5, 2022 (as it may be further amended, modified or supplemented from time to time, the "merger agreement"), by and among the company, Domtar Corporation, a Delaware corporation ("Domtar"), Terra Acquisition Sub Inc., a Delaware corporation and a wholly owned subsidiary of Domtar ("Merger Sub"), Karta Halten B.V.,
The Paper Excellence Group and Resolute Forest Products Inc. ("Resolute") (NYSE: RFP) (TSX: RFP) today announced their intention to sell Resolute's Thunder Bay pulp and paper mill to further facilitate the regulatory review process.
RFP Price Returns
Continue Researching RFPWant to do more research on Resolute Forest Products Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Resolute Forest Products Inc (RFP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Resolute Forest Products Inc (RFP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Resolute Forest Products Inc (RFP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch