Resolute Forest Products Inc. (RFP): Price and Financial Metrics
RFP Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 113.46, Resolute Forest Products Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 91.33% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Resolute Forest Products Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 9.43% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.41, Resolute Forest Products Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 8.12% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to RFP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WTRE, OMP, CVLG, OIS, and KEX.
- Visit RFP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.resolutefp.com.
RFP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RFP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.72||52-week high||$16.67|
|Prev. close||$14.04||52-week low||$1.51|
|Day high||$15.83||Avg. volume||668,221|
|50-day MA||$10.49||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.50||Market Cap||1.25B|
Resolute Forest Products Inc. (RFP) Company Bio
Resolute Forest Products offers offers products, including newsprint, specialty papers, market pulp and wood products. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Montréal, Canada.
RFP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for RFP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Resolute Forest Products Inc ranked in the 82th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 354.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Resolute Forest Products Inc, consider:
- In the past 5.56 years, Resolute Forest Products Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.27%; that's better than 66.18% of cash flow producing equities in the Basic Materials sector, where it is classified.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 31% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 66.86% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- Resolute Forest Products Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 35 -- greater than 92.32% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
RFP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RFP Latest Social Stream
View Full RFP Social Stream
Latest RFP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Resolute Forest Products Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RFP as an investment opportunity.
Resolute Forest Products Inc. (NYSE: RFP) (TSX: RFP) today announced that it amended its $360 million senior secured credit agreement dated October 28, 2019. The purpose of the amendment is: to repay the $180 million of pre-amendment term loans by drawing on the revolving facility and using cash on hand; to extend the maturity date of the revolving facility from 2025 to 2027; to reduce the spread on the term loan facility by up to 10 basis points; and to reinstate in full the $180 million term loan facility, with maturities of up to ten years, with a delay draw period of up to three years. All other terms are substantially unchanged.
Resolute Forest, China Green Agriculture lead energy gainers; PHX Minerals, KLX Energy Services among major losers
Gainers: Resolute Forest Products (RFP) +18%, China Green Agriculture (CGA) +11%, PPG Industries (PPG) +9%, Alcoa (AA) +9%, Ardmore Shipping (ASC) +7%.Losers: PHX Minerals (PHX) -24%, KLX Energy Services Holdings (KLXE) -18%, Target Hospitality (TH) -18%, Huadi International Group (HUDI) -10%, Torchlight Energy Resources (TRCH) -6%....
Resolute Forest Products (NYSE:RFP) has had a great run on the share market with its stock up by a significant 65% over...
Resolute Forest Products Inc. (NYSE: RFP) (TSX: RFP) expects to announce its first quarter financial results on April 29, 2021, at 7:00 a.m. (ET), and to hold a conference call to discuss the results at 9:00 a.m. (ET).
A look at a common holding of Prem Watsa and Francis Chou
RFP Price Returns
Continue Researching RFPWant to do more research on Resolute Forest Products Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Resolute Forest Products Inc (RFP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Resolute Forest Products Inc (RFP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Resolute Forest Products Inc (RFP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!