Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. (RS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RS POWR Grades
- RS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.53% of US stocks.
- RS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- RS's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 50.73% of US stocks).
RS Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 3.1, Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 16.42% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, RS has reported earnings growth of 260.99%, putting it ahead of 91.8% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co comes in at 59.94%, a number that bests 84.95% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co, a group of peers worth examining would be JLL, SEIC, FBHS, HSIC, and RL.
- Visit RS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.rsac.com.
RS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, RS's price/sales ratio is 60.87% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 243 months, RS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- RS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RS.
RS Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 341.78%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -14.1%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 34.3%.
The table below shows RS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.12% of graded US stocks.
- RS's asset turnover comes in at 1.248 -- ranking 65th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- SRLP, GLP, and GEL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RS.
The table below shows RS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$170.92||52-week high||$211.65|
|Prev. close||$172.85||52-week low||$135.46|
|Day high||$172.84||Avg. volume||427,948|
|50-day MA||$187.64||Dividend yield||2.02%|
|200-day MA||$169.53||Market Cap||10.59B|
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. (RS) Company Bio
Reliance Steel provides metals processing services and distributes a line of numerous metal products, including alloy, aluminum, brass, copper, carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium, and specialty steel products. The company was founded in 1939 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
RS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RS Latest Social Stream
View Full RS Social Stream
Latest RS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RS as an investment opportunity.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Reliance Steel (RS) benefits from higher pricing and healthy underlying demand in many of its major end markets in Q4.
New Forecasts: Here's What Analysts Think The Future Holds For Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. (NYSE:RS)
Shareholders in Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. ( NYSE:RS ) may be thrilled to learn that the analysts have just...
While reporting financial results for the fourth quarter on Thursday, metals service center company Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. (RS) said it expects adjusted earnings for the first quarter in a range of $7.05 to $7.15 per share, as the company expects its average selling price per ton sold for quarter to be up 5 to 7 percent.
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co (NYSE: RS ) reported fourth-quarter sales growth of 86.9% year-over-year to $3.99 billion, beating the consensus of $3.83 billion. The gross margin contracted by 180 bps to 31.2%, and on an adjusted basis, declined by 140 bps to 31.5%. The operating income increased to $562.2 million from $183.4 million a year ago, and the margin expanded by 551 bps to 14.1%. Adjusted EPS improved to $6.83 from $2.01 in 4Q20, beating the consensus of $5.22. Carbon steel sales were $2.37 billion (+104.8% Y/Y), with total tons sold -0.6% Y/Y and an increase of 106.1% in average selling price per ton sold. Stainless … Full story available on Benzinga.com
RS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching RSWant to do more research on Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co (RS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co (RS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co (RS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch