Ryerson Holding Corporation (RYI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RYI POWR Grades
- RYI scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.06% of US stocks.
- RYI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- RYI ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 45th percentile.
RYI Stock Summary
- Ryerson Holding Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.02% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Ryerson Holding Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.03% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- RYI's price/sales ratio is 0.2; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 2.55% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to RYI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GEF, FL, GHG, UGP, and FDP.
- RYI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ryerson Holding Corp's official web site, go to www.ryerson.com.
RYI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, RYI's price/earnings ratio is 58.93% lower, now standing at 10.7.
- RYI's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 86 months.
- Over the past 86 months, RYI's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for RYI.
RYI Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 84.68%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 56.5%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -2.4%.
The table below shows RYI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
RYI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- RYI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.04% of graded US stocks.
- RYI's asset turnover comes in at 2.163 -- ranking 32nd of 104 Wholesale stocks.
- ZEUS, GWW, and CAPL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with RYI.
The table below shows RYI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
RYI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RYI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.48||52-week high||$25.68|
|Prev. close||$22.15||52-week low||$5.38|
|Day high||$22.81||Avg. volume||158,908|
|50-day MA||$20.41||Dividend yield||1.42%|
|200-day MA||$16.34||Market Cap||864.92M|
Ryerson Holding Corporation (RYI) Company Bio
Ryerson Holding Corporation processes and distributes various metals in in the United States, Mexico, Canada, China, and Brazil. The company was founded in 1842 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
RYI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RYI Latest Social Stream
View Full RYI Social Stream
Latest RYI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ryerson Holding Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RYI as an investment opportunity.
Ryerson Holding Corporation (NYSE: RYI), a leading value-added processor and distributor of industrial metals, announced today that it has acquired Specialty Metals Processing ("SMP"), a toll processor located in Stow, Ohio. SMP processes stainless steel, aluminum, titanium and nickel alloy products in a variety of industries including aerospace. SMP's expertise in buffing, grinding and polishing finishes adds to Ryerson's value-added processing capabilities to provide better customer experience
Does Ryerson Holding (RYI) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Ryerson Holding Corporation (NYSE: RYI), a leading value-added processor and distributor of industrial metals, announced today that it is establishing a new Ryerson service center location in Centralia, Washington. Construction of the new facility has begun with completion, commissioning, and start-up scheduled for the second quarter of 2022.
The President of Ryerson University in Toronto says its board of governors has approved a motion following recommendations to rename the school. This comes after the final report of a task force that was created to find a new name and reconcile the legacy of Egerton Ryerson, we vow to build a better, more inclusive 
Ryerson (RYI) made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen and could be a great choice for investors looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices.
RYI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|