Select Medical Holdings Corporation (SEM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SEM POWR Grades
- SEM scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 71.05% of US stocks.
- SEM's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- SEM ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
SEM Stock Summary
- SELECT MEDICAL HOLDINGS CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.39% of US listed stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for SELECT MEDICAL HOLDINGS CORP is higher than it is for about 95.35% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SEM is more volatile than merely 14.94% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SELECT MEDICAL HOLDINGS CORP are BRT, GTY, OLP, ARMK, and NXRT.
- Visit SEM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.selectmedical.com.
SEM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, SEM's EV/EBIT ratio is 143.02% higher, now standing at 20.9.
- Over the past 160 months, SEM's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SEM.
SEM Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 29.11%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -41.91%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 29.35%.
The table below shows SEM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SEM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SEM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.83% of graded US stocks.
- SEM's asset turnover comes in at 0.769 -- ranking 38th of 81 Healthcare stocks.
- RDNT, CHE, and NTRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SEM.
The table below shows SEM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SEM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SEM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.04||52-week high||$30.92|
|Prev. close||$23.43||52-week low||$18.86|
|Day high||$24.10||Avg. volume||749,389|
|50-day MA||$23.67||Dividend yield||2.13%|
|200-day MA||$24.64||Market Cap||3.05B|
Select Medical Holdings Corporation (SEM) Company Bio
Select Medical Holdings operates specialty hospitals and outpatient rehabilitation clinics in the United States. It operates in two segments, Specialty Hospitals and Outpatient Rehabilitation. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
SEM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SEM Latest Social Stream
View Full SEM Social Stream
Latest SEM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SELECT MEDICAL HOLDINGS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SEM as an investment opportunity.
Select Medical relocates Delaware 'hospital within a hospital' to ChristianaCare's Wilmington campus
Select Medical has relocated its Delaware critical illness recovery hospital from Saint Francis Hospital to ChristianaCare's Wilmington Hospital. The 33-bed Select Specialty Hospital–Wilmington is occupying the ninth floor of the medical center. Jordan McLure, CEO of the "hospital within a hospital," said the change of address provided a "good opportunity to move into a new space at ChristianaCare, where we get a lot of our patients."
Select Medical (SEM) reports improved performance in the Rehabilitation Hospital unit for the third quarter.
Select Medical Holdings ( NYSE:SEM ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$1.57b (up 2.2% from...
Shares of healthcare facilities operator Select Medical (NYSE:SEM) are trending lower today after its third-quarter bottom line fell short of estimates. Revenue inched up 2.6% year-over-year to $1.57 billion, sneaking past estimates by $10 million. EPS at $0.21 though, missed the cut by a margin of $0.24. While revenue from the critical illness recovery hospital segment dropped ~1%, revenue from the rehabilitation hospital segment increased by 8% during this period. The company has reiterated its 2022 guidance expecting revenue to land between $6.25 billion and $6.40 billion. Further, it continues to expect compound annual growth between 4% and 6% for its top line for 2021 through 2023.
We're starting off the final day of trading this week with a look at the biggest pre-market stock movers for Friday morning!
SEM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SEMWant to see what other sources are saying about Select Medical Holdings Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch