Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (SGC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SGC POWR Grades
- SGC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 89.21% of US stocks.
- SGC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SGC's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 8.71% of US stocks).
SGC Stock Summary
- SGC's price/sales ratio is 0.29; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 8.54% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SGC has reported earnings growth of -169.51%, putting it ahead of only 9.36% of US stocks in our set.
- SUPERIOR GROUP OF COMPANIES INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -33.93%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 14.3% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SGC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ALYA, ZEST, NX, XELB, and MATW.
- SGC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SUPERIOR GROUP OF COMPANIES INC's official web site, go to www.superiorgroupofcompanies.com.
SGC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SGC's price/earnings ratio is 147.9% lower, now standing at -5.7.
- SGC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 19.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SGC.
SGC Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 85.28%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -39.1%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -10.8%.
The table below shows SGC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SGC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SGC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 7.62% of graded US stocks.
- SGC's asset turnover comes in at 1.302 -- ranking 6th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- NKE, TPR, and LULU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SGC.
The table below shows SGC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SGC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SGC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.95||52-week high||$22.92|
|Prev. close||$9.94||52-week low||$8.52|
|Day high||$10.23||Avg. volume||35,291|
|50-day MA||$9.63||Dividend yield||5.63%|
|200-day MA||$14.91||Market Cap||162.54M|
Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (SGC) Company Bio
Superior Uniform Group manufactures and sells various apparel and accessories in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Uniforms and Related Products, and Remote Staffing Solutions. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Seminole, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
SGC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SGC Latest Social Stream
View Full SGC Social Stream
Latest SGC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SUPERIOR GROUP OF COMPANIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SGC as an investment opportunity.
Superior Group of Companies (SGC) had declared $0.14/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Payable Dec. 2
Barrington analyst Kevin Steinke maintained a Buy rating on Superior Uniform Group (SGC - Research Report) today and set a price target of $19.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $11.02.According to TipRanks, Steinke is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 11.7% and a 53.99% success rate. Steinke covers the Services sector, focusing on stocks such as Cross Country Healthcare, Cra International, and Heritage-Crystal Clean.Currently, the analyst consensus on Superior Uniform Group is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $19.50, representing a 76.95% upside. In a report released on November 9, EF Hutton also maintained a Buy rating on the stock with a $20.
Analysts Offer Insights on Consumer Goods Companies: Superior Uniform Group (SGC), Grocery Outlet Holding (GO) and Rover Group (ROVR)
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Consumer Goods sector as 3 analysts just weighed in on Superior Uniform Group (SGC – Research Report), Grocery Outlet Holding (GO – Research Report) and Rover Group (ROVR – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Superior Uniform Group (SGC) In a report released today, Tim Moore CFA from EF Hutton maintained a Buy rating on Superior Uniform Group, with a price target of $20.00. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $10.70, close to its 52-week low of $8.52. According to TipRanks.com, CFA is ranked #6561 out of 8037 analysts.
SEMINOLE, Fla., Nov. 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ: SGC) today announced that Phil Koosed, Chief Strategy Officer, and Michael Koempel, Chief Financial Officer, will participate in the SHARE Series event, held virtually on Monday, November 14, 2022, at 1:30 PM ET. This event is set in a fireside chat format and intended to provide access to retail investors. Investors will have the opportunity to ask management questions during the chat. A stream of this
Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:NASDAQ:SGC) Q3 2022 Earnings Conference Call November 7, 2022 5:00 PM ET Company Participants Michael Benstock - Chief Executive Officer Mike…
SGC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SGCHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Superior Group Of Companies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Superior Group Of Companies Inc (SGC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Superior Group Of Companies Inc (SGC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Superior Group Of Companies Inc (SGC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch