Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (SGC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SGC POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SGC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SGC is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SGC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
SGC Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SGC is 3.01 -- better than 83.03% of US stocks.
- SGC's price/sales ratio is 0.22; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 7.51% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SGC has reported earnings growth of -196.49%, putting it ahead of only 8.27% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SGC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NX, CONN, AAME, ALYA, and ARKR.
- SGC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SUPERIOR GROUP OF COMPANIES INC's official web site, go to www.superiorgroupofcompanies.com.
SGC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SGC's EV/EBIT ratio is 170.77% lower, now standing at -9.2.
- Over the past 243 months, SGC's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SGC.
SGC Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 84.17%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 50.38%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 43.14%.
The table below shows SGC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SGC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SGC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 7.62% of graded US stocks.
- SGC's asset turnover comes in at 1.302 -- ranking 6th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- NKE, TPR, and LULU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SGC.
The table below shows SGC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SGC Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SGC, see our SGC price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$34.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1 (Strong Buy)|
SGC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SGC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.93||52-week high||$19.12|
|Prev. close||$7.86||52-week low||$7.54|
|Day high||$7.95||Avg. volume||35,968|
|50-day MA||$11.04||Dividend yield||7.1%|
|200-day MA||$12.20||Market Cap||130.81M|
Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (SGC) Company Bio
Superior Uniform Group manufactures and sells various apparel and accessories in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Uniforms and Related Products, and Remote Staffing Solutions. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Seminole, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
SGC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SGC Latest Social Stream
View Full SGC Social Stream
Latest SGC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SUPERIOR GROUP OF COMPANIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SGC as an investment opportunity.
SUPERIOR GROUP OF COMPANIES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SIDOTI MARCH VIRTUAL INVESTOR CONFERENCE
SEMINOLE, Fla., March 21, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ: SGC) today announced that Michael Benstock, Chief Executive Officer, and Michael Koempel, Chief Financial Officer, will participate in the Sidoti March Virtual Investor Conference on Thursday, March 23, 2023. Management will participate in a fireside chat at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The webcast will be available on the investor relations presentations page of the company's website at https://ir.superiorg
Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:SGC) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:SGC) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript March 15, 2023 Operator: Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome to Superior Group of Companies Fourth Quarter 2022 Conference Call. With us today are Michael Benstock, the company’s Chief Executive Officer, Mike Koempel, the Chief Financial Officer. As a reminder, this conference call is being […]
Superior Group of Companies Reports Fourth Quarter Results
SEMINOLE, Fla., March 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ: SGC) (the “Company”), today announced its fourth quarter results for 2022. – Total Sales Increased 5% Over Prior Year Quarter to $149 Million –– Net Income of $2 Million, versus $4 Million in Prior Year Quarter –– Adjusted Net Loss of ($0.9) Million, versus Adjusted Net Income of $5 Million in Prior Year Quarter –– Adjusted EBITDA of $3 Million, versus $8 Million in Prior Year Quarter –– Provides Initia
Superior Group of Companies to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Results
SEMINOLE, Fla., March 06, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ: SGC) (the “Company”) today announced that it intends to release the results of its operations for the fourth quarter and full year 2022 after the market close on Wednesday, March 15, 2023. Michael Benstock, Chief Executive Officer and Mike Koempel, Chief Financial Officer will host a teleconference at 5:00 pm Eastern Time that day to discuss the Company’s results. The live webcast and archived replay ca
SUPERIOR GROUP OF COMPANIES ANNOUNCES THE PASSING OF SIDNEY KIRSCHNER, CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
SEMINOLE, Fla., Feb. 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superior Group of Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ: SGC) today announced that Sidney Kirschner, Chairman of the Board of Directors, passed away on February 21, 2023 at the age of 88. Mr. Kirschner joined the SGC Board in 1996, and served as its chairman for the past 11 years. During his involvement with SGC, the Company grew from $135 million to more than $536 million in annual revenues, and achieved many other measures of success. Apart from his service
SGC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SGCHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Superior Group Of Companies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Superior Group Of Companies Inc (SGC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Superior Group Of Companies Inc (SGC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Superior Group Of Companies Inc (SGC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...