Shenandoah Telecommunications Co (SHEN): Price and Financial Metrics
SHEN Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 38.26, Shenandoah Telecommunications Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about 78.42% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Shenandoah Telecommunications Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 21.22% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Shenandoah Telecommunications Co is higher than it is for about 77.36% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHEN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MUSA, AWR, BYD, SJW, and USNA.
- SHEN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Shenandoah Telecommunications Co's official web site, go to www.shentel.com.
SHEN Stock Price Chart More Charts
SHEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.32||52-week high||$49.80|
|Prev. close||$48.47||52-week low||$29.61|
|Day high||$48.55||Avg. volume||227,354|
|50-day MA||$42.84||Dividend yield||0.6%|
|200-day MA||$37.74||Market Cap||2.31B|
Shenandoah Telecommunications Co (SHEN) Company Bio
Shenandoah Communications provides regulated and unregulated telecommunications services to end-user customers and other telecommunications providers in Virginia, West Virginia, central Pennsylvania, and western Maryland. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Edinburg, Virginia.
SHEN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SHEN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Shenandoah Telecommunications Co ranked in the 83st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 483.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SHEN, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 3.44 -- which is good for besting 67.58% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Communication Services sector with positive cash flow).
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.25 years comes in at 0.69%; that's greater than 87.87% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Shenandoah Telecommunications Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 24.88% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|