Shenandoah Telecommunications Co (SHEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHEN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SHEN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.69% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHEN is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SHEN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
SHEN Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -33.59%, Shenandoah Telecommunications Co's debt growth rate surpasses only 14.51% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Shenandoah Telecommunications Co comes in at -45.48%, a number that bests only 7.73% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of Shenandoah Telecommunications Co's share price is greater than that of only 5.01% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Shenandoah Telecommunications Co are TMHC, ABG, ACCO, PRIM, and BZH.
- SHEN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Shenandoah Telecommunications Co's official web site, go to www.shentel.com.
SHEN Valuation Summary
- SHEN's price/earnings ratio is 14.9; this is 1.97% lower than that of the median Communication Services stock.
- SHEN's price/sales ratio has moved up $5.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SHEN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $5.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHEN.
SHEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.93||52-week high||$56.77|
|Prev. close||$48.89||52-week low||$38.77|
|Day high||$49.21||Avg. volume||182,376|
|50-day MA||$49.60||Dividend yield||0.7%|
|200-day MA||$46.76||Market Cap||2.44B|
Shenandoah Telecommunications Co (SHEN) Company Bio
Shenandoah Communications provides regulated and unregulated telecommunications services to end-user customers and other telecommunications providers in Virginia, West Virginia, central Pennsylvania, and western Maryland. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Edinburg, Virginia.
SHEN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SHEN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Shenandoah Telecommunications Co ranked in the 69th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 98%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SHEN, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 35.97; that's higher than 98.1% of US stocks in the Communication Services sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Shenandoah Telecommunications Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 14.02% of tickers in our DCF set.
- SHEN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 14.02% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SHEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHEN Latest Social Stream
View Full SHEN Social Stream
Latest SHEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Shenandoah Telecommunications Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHEN as an investment opportunity.
Glo Fiber, powered by Shenandoah Telecommunications Company ("Shentel") (Nasdaq: SHEN), today announced availability of its fiber-optic network in the city of Lynchburg, Va., to residential and business customers. With the addition of Lynchburg, Glo Fiber's expansive regional network now reaches more than 42,000 households and growing.
EDINBURG, Va., June 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Glo Fiber, a service brand powered by Shenandoah Telecommunications Company ("Shentel") (Nasdaq: SHEN) , today announced availability of its fiber-optic network in the city of
Kirkland & Ellis advised Shenandoah Telecommunications Company (Shentel) (NASDAQ: SHEN) on the sale of Shentels wireless assets and related rights to T-Mobile USA, Inc. for $1.95 billion in cash. Shentel provides a broad range of diversified communications services through its high speed, state-of-the-art wireless, cable, fiber optic and fixed wireless networks to customers in the  The post Kirkland Represents Shentel on $1.95 Billion Sale of Wireless Assets to T-Mobile appeared first on Legal Desire .
Ed McKay appointed as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for Shenandoah Telecommunications Company
EDINBURG, Va., May 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Shenandoah Telecommunications Company (Shentel or the Company) (NASDAQ:SHEN) announced today that Edward Ed H. McKay will be appointed to the role of Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. Mr. McKay will be responsible for the leadership of the Companys entire integrated broadband business, including Shentel Cable, Shentel Business, Glo Fiber and Beam brands, and the Companys tower portfolio.
EDINBURG, Va., May 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Shenandoah Telecommunications Company ("Shentel") (Nasdaq: SHEN) announced the expansion of high-speed internet access to New Canton, Mount Jackson and Dillwyn, Virginia through Beam, its new fixed wireless broadband service. This expansion will
SHEN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SHENWant to see what other sources are saying about Shenandoah Telecommunications Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Shenandoah Telecommunications Co (SHEN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Shenandoah Telecommunications Co (SHEN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Shenandoah Telecommunications Co (SHEN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch