Steven Madden, Ltd. (SHOO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHOO POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SHOO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.69% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHOO is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- SHOO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 30.23% of US stocks).
SHOO Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of STEVEN MADDEN LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.52% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, SHOO has reported earnings growth of 75.92%, putting it ahead of 82.27% of US stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SHOO comes in at 8.13% -- higher than that of 82.12% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to STEVEN MADDEN LTD, a group of peers worth examining would be RGP, WIRE, LYTS, SKY, and KFRC.
- SHOO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STEVEN MADDEN LTD's official web site, go to www.stevemadden.com.
SHOO Valuation Summary
- SHOO's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 50% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- SHOO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHOO.
SHOO Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 51.9%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 24%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -26.95%.
The table below shows SHOO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHOO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHOO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.38% of graded US stocks.
- SHOO's asset turnover comes in at 1.373 -- ranking 4th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- COLM, WWW, and RL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHOO.
The table below shows SHOO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHOO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHOO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.48||52-week high||$49.85|
|Prev. close||$35.05||52-week low||$26.36|
|Day high||$34.90||Avg. volume||785,214|
|50-day MA||$30.40||Dividend yield||2.4%|
|200-day MA||$34.59||Market Cap||2.69B|
Steven Madden, Ltd. (SHOO) Company Bio
Steve Madden designs, sources and markets fashion-forward footwear and accessories for women, men and children. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Long Island City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SHOO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHOO Latest Social Stream
View Full SHOO Social Stream
Latest SHOO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STEVEN MADDEN LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHOO as an investment opportunity.
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? Amongst other things...
Wedgewood Partners, an investment management company, released its “Focused SMID Cap Strategy” third quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, the fund returned -5.3% compared to a return of -2.8% for the Russell 2500 Index. Since inception, the fund returned 8.2% compared to 5.4% for its […]
Analysts Offer Insights on Consumer Goods Companies: Camping World Holdings (CWH), Steven Madden (SHOO) and e.l.f. Beauty (ELF)
Analysts have been eager to weigh in on the Consumer Goods sector with new ratings on Camping World Holdings (CWH – Research Report), Steven Madden (SHOO – Research Report) and e.l.f. Beauty (ELF – Research Report). Camping World Holdings (CWH) In a report released today, Joseph Altobello from Raymond James maintained a Buy rating on Camping World Holdings, with a price target of $30.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $25.60. According to TipRanks.com, Altobello is a 5-star analyst with an average return of -7.7% and a 33.9% success rate.
Steven Madden's (SHOO) third-quarter 2022 top-line results reflect gains from solid consumer demand for the brands and products.
Steven Madden Ltd (NASDAQ: SHOO) reported third-quarter FY22 sales growth of 5.3% year-on-year to $556.64 million, beating the consensus of $528.72 million. Revenue for the wholesale business increased 8.1% to $434.6 million, and Direct-to-consumer revenue decreased 3.7% to $118.5 million. The gross profit margin contracted 40 basis points Y/Y to 41.2%. The operating margin was 14.1%, and operating income for the quarter was $78.8 million. Adjusted EPS of $0.79 beat the analyst consensus of $0.7
SHOO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|