Companhia Siderurgica Nacional S.A. (SID): Price and Financial Metrics
SID Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SID is currently 1.77, higher than just 6.44% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -41.71%, National Steel Co's debt growth rate surpasses merely 7.88% of about US stocks.
- National Steel Co's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 42.8%, greater than the shareholder yield of 95.26% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to National Steel Co are CIG, NEWT, ENIA, JOE, and IEP.
- Visit SID's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.csn.com.br.
SID Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SID Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.85||52-week high||$7.24|
|Prev. close||$6.22||52-week low||$1.02|
|Day high||$6.25||Avg. volume||3,815,143|
|50-day MA||$6.21||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.70||Market Cap||8.12B|
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional S.A. (SID) Company Bio
Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional produces steel. The company operates through five segments including steel, mining, cement, logistics, and energy. The company primarily produces carbon steel and various steel products for the distribution, packaging, automotive, home appliance, and construction industries. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in São Paulo, Brazil.
SID Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for National Steel Co. To summarize, we found that National Steel Co ranked in the 66th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 79.67%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for National Steel Co ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 61. Its equity weight surpasses that of merely 20.25% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 3.88 years, is -0.04% -- higher than just 19.54% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- National Steel Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than merely 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SID Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SID Latest Social Stream
View Full SID Social Stream
Latest SID News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about National Steel Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SID as an investment opportunity.
Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional (SID) CEO Benjamin Steinbruch on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional (SID) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 23, 2021 01:00 PM ET Company Participants Marcelo Cunha Ribeiro - Investor Relations Executive Officer Helena Guerra - Head-Sustainability, Health, Safety & Environmental Affairs Benjamin Steinbruch - President of Executive Board, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Luis Fernando Barbosa Martinez...
The IPO of Brazilian steelmaker Companhia Siderurgica Nacional's mining unit ([[SID]] -0.8%) raised at least 4.5B reais ($838M), which could rise to 6.1B reais if over-allotments are fully sold, Bloomberg reports.CSN Mineracao, as the unit is known, and selling holders sold shares at 8.5 reais each today, the bottom of...
Brazilian miner CSN Mineracao aims to be valued at between 47.5 billion and 63 billion reais ($11.91 billion) in an initial public offering to be launched by Friday, the Estadao newspaper reported on Thursday. CSN Mineracao is controlled by steelmaker Companhia Siderurgica Nacional which plans to raise roughly $1 billion by selling a stake in the miner, the report said. CSN Mineracao will not raise proceeds in the offering, Estadao said.
The steel industry is part of the basic materials sector and consists of companies involved in steel production, mining, and related activities. Steel stocks, as represented by the VanEck Vectors Steel ETF (SLX), have slightly underperformed the broader market over the last year. SLX has provided a total return of 20.4%, below the Russell 1000's total return of 22.2% over the past 12 months, as of December 8, 2020. All statistics in the tables below are as of December 9.
Growth-oriented firm's top 3 trades are sells
SID Price Returns
Continue Researching SIDWant to do more research on National Steel Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!