Sierra Metals Inc. (SMTS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMTS POWR Grades
- SMTS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 91.15% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMTS is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SMTS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 61.95% of US stocks).
SMTS Stock Summary
- SMTS's went public 3.93 years ago, making it older than only 13.23% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Sierra Metals Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, SMTS has reported earnings growth of 146.14%, putting it ahead of 88.23% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Sierra Metals Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GCP, PRIM, UVV, FDP, and PRAA.
- SMTS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sierra Metals Inc's official web site, go to www.sierrametals.com.
SMTS Valuation Summary
- SMTS's price/sales ratio is 2.1; this is 19.23% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 48 months, SMTS's price/earnings ratio has gone up $55.3.
- Over the past 48 months, SMTS's price/sales ratio has gone down $1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMTS.
SMTS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMTS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.07||52-week high||$3.92|
|Prev. close||$3.12||52-week low||$0.76|
|Day high||$3.21||Avg. volume||634,425|
|50-day MA||$3.36||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.80||Market Cap||501.72M|
Sierra Metals Inc. (SMTS) Company Bio
Sierra Metals Inc. engages in the production, exploration, and development of precious and base metals in Peru and Mexico. It primarily focuses on exploration of silver, copper, lead, zinc, and gold deposits. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Toronto.
SMTS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Sierra Metals Inc. To summarize, we found that Sierra Metals Inc ranked in the 61th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 35.33%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Sierra Metals Inc ended up being:
- SMTS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 25.79% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Sierra Metals Inc experienced a tax rate of about 31% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than 91.79% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SMTS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMTS Latest Social Stream
View Full SMTS Social Stream
Latest SMTS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sierra Metals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMTS as an investment opportunity.
Sierra Metals (SMTS) +3% pre-market after saying it received a permit allowing for a 20% increase of throughput to 3,600 metric tons/day at its Yauricocha mine in Peru."Today's news will further support the company in achieving its annual production guidance," Sierra Metals CEO Luis Marchese says.The company says it also is focusing...
Sierra Metals Announces Receipt of Permit Allowing for a 20% Increase of Throughput to 3,600 Tonnes Per Day at Its Yauricocha Mine in Peru
TORONTO, Jun 16, 2021--Sierra Metals Announces Receipt of Permit Allowing For A 20% Increase of Throughput to 3,600 Tonnes Per Day at Its Yauricocha Mine in Peru
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)---- $SMT #AGM--Sierra Metals Announces Results of Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
The professional corps of Wall Street stock analysts is 7,500 strong and growing. Collectively, they present us – every day – with comprehensive reviews on the full list of publicly traded stocks. Their information is invaluable for investors of all stripes – but how to figure out whose advice is worth trusting? The top analysts on Wall Street stand head-and-shoulders above their peers, with more accurate stock ratings and higher returns on the equities they recommend. And for now, Heiko Ihle, of investment firm H.C. Wainwright, holds the number 2 spot out of those 7,500 stock pros.
DALLAS, TX / ACCESSWIRE / May 26, 2021 / Sierra Metals Inc. (NYSE:SMTS): The full report can be accessed by clicking on the following link: http://stonegateinc.
SMTS Price Returns