Sierra Metals Inc. (SMTS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMTS POWR Grades
- SMTS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.25% of US stocks.
- SMTS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- SMTS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
SMTS Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Sierra Metals Inc is higher than just 9.81% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Sierra Metals Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, SMTS has reported earnings growth of 218.99%, putting it ahead of 89.63% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sierra Metals Inc are JELD, VMI, IVC, PGTI, and B.
- SMTS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sierra Metals Inc's official web site, go to www.sierrametals.com.
SMTS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SMTS's price/earnings ratio is 53.27% lower, now standing at 9.3.
- SMTS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 174.2 over the prior 50 months.
- SMTS's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.9 over the prior 50 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMTS.
SMTS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMTS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.87% of graded US stocks.
- SMTS's asset turnover comes in at 0.669 -- ranking 4th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- SCCO, FCX, and UUUU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMTS.
The table below shows SMTS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMTS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMTS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.85||52-week high||$3.92|
|Prev. close||$1.90||52-week low||$1.42|
|Day high||$1.90||Avg. volume||523,839|
|50-day MA||$2.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.00||Market Cap||301.47M|
Sierra Metals Inc. (SMTS) Company Bio
Sierra Metals Inc. engages in the production, exploration, and development of precious and base metals in Peru and Mexico. It primarily focuses on exploration of silver, copper, lead, zinc, and gold deposits. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Toronto.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMTS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMTS Latest Social Stream
View Full SMTS Social Stream
Latest SMTS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sierra Metals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMTS as an investment opportunity.
Is Weakness In Sierra Metals Inc. (TSE:SMT) Stock A Sign That The Market Could be Wrong Given Its Strong Financial Prospects?
Sierra Metals (TSE:SMT) has had a rough three months with its share price down 33%. However, a closer look at its sound...
DALLAS, TX / ACCESSWIRE / August 27, 2021 / Sierra Metals Inc. (NYSE:SMTS): The full report can be accessed by clicking on the following link: http://stonegateinc.
Sierra Metals (TSX: SMT; NYSE: SMTS) has updated the preliminary economic assessment for its Bolivar copper-silver mine to include production of a  The post Sierra updates Bolivar copper-silver PEA to include iron ore appeared first on Canadian Mining Journal .
Sierra Metals Announces Update of 10,000 Tonnes Per Day Positive Preliminary Economic Assessment Results to Now Include Iron Ore Production at Its Bolivar Mine in Mexico
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)---- $SMT #Copper--Sierra Metals Announces Update of 10,000 TPD Positive PEA Results to Now Include Iron Ore Production at its Bolivar Mine in Mexico
Image source: The Motley Fool. Sierra Metals Inc. (NYSEMKT: SMTS)Q2 2021 Earnings CallAug 10, 2021, 10:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood morning.
SMTS Price Returns