Sierra Metals Inc. (SMTS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMTS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SMTS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.74% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMTS is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SMTS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
SMTS Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SMTS is currently 2.83, higher than only 8.88% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SMTS is more volatile than 88.12% of stocks we're observing.
- Sierra Metals Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 13.61%, greater than the shareholder yield of 87.67% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SMTS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AAN, XELB, DWSN, ATNI, and TUSK.
- Visit SMTS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sierrametals.com.
SMTS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SMTS's price/earnings ratio is 53.27% lower, now standing at 9.3.
- SMTS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 174.2 over the prior 50 months.
- SMTS's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.9 over the prior 50 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMTS.
SMTS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMTS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.58% of graded US stocks.
- SMTS's asset turnover comes in at 0.669 -- ranking 4th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- FCX, SCCO, and MLM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMTS.
The table below shows SMTS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMTS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMTS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$0.79||52-week high||$3.14|
|Prev. close||$0.80||52-week low||$0.77|
|Day high||$0.82||Avg. volume||430,194|
|50-day MA||$0.90||Dividend yield||3.8%|
|200-day MA||$1.37||Market Cap||101.44M|
Sierra Metals Inc. (SMTS) Company Bio
Sierra Metals Inc. engages in the production, exploration, and development of precious and base metals in Peru and Mexico. It primarily focuses on exploration of silver, copper, lead, zinc, and gold deposits. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Toronto.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMTS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMTS Latest Social Stream
View Full SMTS Social Stream
Latest SMTS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sierra Metals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMTS as an investment opportunity.
TORONTO, February 24, 2022--Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (BVL: SMT) (NYSE AMERICAN: SMTS) ("Sierra Metals" or ""Company") announces the appointment of Ms. Dawn Whittaker to its Board of Directors effective immediately.
From what we can see, insiders were net buyers in Sierra Metals Inc.'s ( TSE:SMT ) during the past 12 months. That is...
TORONTO, February 16, 2022--Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX:SMT, BVL:SMT, NYSE AMERICAN:SMTS) ("Sierra Metals" or the "Company") announces the filing of Sociedad Minera Corona S.A.'s ("Corona") unaudited Financial Statements and the Management Discussion and Analysis ("MD&A") for the fourth quarter of 2021 ("Q4 2021").
Sierra Metals Inc. (AMEX:SMTS)s traded shares stood at 0.37 million during the last session. At the close of trading, the stocks price was $1.32, to imply an increase of 2.34% or $0.03 in intraday trading. The SMTS shares 52-week high remains $3.92, putting it -196.97% down since that peak but still an impressive 15.15% since Sierra Metals Inc. (AMEX: SMTS) Stock Jumping 2.33% Over A Month Any Room For Its Value To Rise? Read More »
Evanston, IL, based Investment company West Family Investments, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Newmont Corp, Largo Inc, ETFMG Prime Cyber Security ETF, Barrick Gold Corp, Sierra Metals Inc, sells ISHARES TRUST, iShares Gold Trust, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co, EQT Corp, Novartis AG during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, West Family Investments, Inc..
SMTS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|