SP Plus Corporation (SP): Price and Financial Metrics
SP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.97||52-week high||$52.40|
|Prev. close||$51.15||52-week low||$31.52|
|Day high||$51.43||Avg. volume||134,319|
|50-day MA||$48.04||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$39.62||Market Cap||1.00B|
SP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SP POWR Grades
- SP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 57.76% of US stocks.
- SP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 143 days.
- SP's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 44.58% of US stocks).
SP Stock Summary
- SP PLUS CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.41% of US listed stocks.
- SP's price/sales ratio is 0.57; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 21.92% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 4.83 for SP PLUS CORP; that's greater than it is for 78.24% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VAC, HGV, HLIO, IHT, and OLPX.
- SP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SP PLUS CORP's official web site, go to www.spplus.com.
SP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, SP's price/sales ratio is 65.71% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- SP's price/earnings ratio has moved up 35.8 over the prior 237 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SP.
SP Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -15.52%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 52.09%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -17.32%.
The table below shows SP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.74% of graded US stocks.
- SP's asset turnover comes in at 0.966 -- ranking 12th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- LOPE, WW, and AREC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SP.
The table below shows SP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SP Plus Corporation (SP) Company Bio
SP Plus Corporation provides professional parking, ground transportation, facility maintenance, security and event logistics services to property owners and managers in all markets of the real estate industry. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
SP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SP Latest Social Stream
View Full SP Social Stream
Latest SP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SP PLUS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SP as an investment opportunity.
Strong Performance Across Commercial and Aviation Segments
--Record Gross Profit Reflects Positive Momentum Across the Commercial and Aviation Segments-- --Tenth Consecutive Quarter of Net Location Growth; Maintains High Location Retention Rate of 94%-- --Technology Solutions Continue to Gain Traction with Clients-- CHICAGO, Nov. 01, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SP® Plus Corporation (Nasdaq:SP), a best-in-class technology and operations management provider of mobility services for aviation, commercial, hospitality, and institutional clients throughout North
CHICAGO, Oct. 26, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SP Plus Corporation (NASDAQ: SP) today announced that it expects to release third quarter 2023 earnings on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, after the close of market. On October 5, 2023, SP announced the acquisition of SP Plus Corporation for $1.5 billion by Metropolis Technologies, Inc. In light of the pending acquisition, SP Plus will not be hosting an earnings conference call. About SP+ SP+ blends industry-leading technology and best-in-class operations
SP Plus (SP) made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen and could be a great choice for investors looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices.
SP Plus Corporation Launches its AeroParker Online Booking Reservation System at Airports in Illinois, Kentucky, South Dakota, and Texas
CHICAGO, Oct. 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SP+® Corporation (SP+), (Nasdaq: SP) a best-in-class technology and operations management provider of mobility services for aviation, commercial, hospitality, and institutional clients throughout North America and Europe, today announced its online reservation system technology, AeroParker, providing airport parking pre-booking functionality, is now available on-site at three additional airports, including, Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD),
SP Price Returns