Splunk Inc. (SPLK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SPLK POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SPLK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 48.11% of US stocks.
- SPLK's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- SPLK's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 18.94% of US stocks).
SPLK Stock Summary
- Splunk Inc's market capitalization of $24,645,427,553 is ahead of 89.42% of US-listed equities.
- SPLK's price/sales ratio is 10.22; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 82.44% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 26%, Splunk Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 80.39% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Splunk Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MDB, ENPH, CLDR, RAMP, and VRNS.
- SPLK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Splunk Inc's official web site, go to www.splunk.com.
SPLK Valuation Summary
- SPLK's EV/EBIT ratio is -28.3; this is 187.75% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- SPLK's price/earnings ratio has moved up 274.8 over the prior 114 months.
- Over the past 114 months, SPLK's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 272.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SPLK.
SPLK Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 100.02%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 85.56%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -312.55%.
The table below shows SPLK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SPLK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SPLK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.11% of graded US stocks.
- SPLK's asset turnover comes in at 0.423 -- ranking 353rd of 556 Business Services stocks.
- VRSN, FLNT, and MIME are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SPLK.
The table below shows SPLK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SPLK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPLK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$151.12||52-week high||$222.19|
|Prev. close||$152.56||52-week low||$110.28|
|Day high||$152.06||Avg. volume||2,212,252|
|50-day MA||$147.21||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$144.81||Market Cap||24.41B|
Splunk Inc. (SPLK) Company Bio
Splunk Inc.'s software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in San Francisco, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
SPLK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPLK Latest Social Stream
View Full SPLK Social Stream
Latest SPLK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Splunk Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPLK as an investment opportunity.
Splunk (SPLK) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Traditionally, companies that needed application performance management (APM) capabilities turned to closed-source tools and technologies, such as Splunk, New Relic, and Dynatrace. But in the emerging observability world, vendors are beginning to pool their resources together and jointly develop standard tools and technologies, such as OpenTelemetry, that will not only provide a better customer experience, Read more The post OpenTelemetry Gains Momentum as Observability Standard appeared first on Datanami .
The massive volumes of information used for informed decision-making have fueled business for data analytics and Big Data firms.
Big-data software leader Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) has been a messy story in the last year as it makes its transition to the cloud. After declining in 2020, the company is back in revenue growth mode this year. In this "The Five" clip from Motley Fool Live, Fool.com contributors Jason Hall and Nicholas Rossolillo discuss what's going on with this tech stock.
The world has entered a new age where everyone and everything with a digital presence generates data. Technology is helping companies use it to deliver products and services that make life more convenient, and that's becoming increasingly valuable.
SPLK Price Returns